Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technocratic Ghosts

Hi.

What do you think would be the reaction of technocrats towards ghosts who were part of the Order of Reason / Technocracy once?

It is a concept I'm thinking about using in my chronicle: Technocrats find out a ghost in a Quintessence Mine...but that ghost happened to be a member of the High Guild when he was alive.

Death is no excuse to stop working. There's a couple of pages in the new Ghost Hunters book about how the Syndicate uses its deceased members as agents to do business with the Hierarchy.
    Last edited by Malkavian87; 12-24-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonot View Post
      Hi.

What do you think would be the reaction of technocrats towards ghosts who were part of the Order of Reason / Technocracy once?

It is a concept I'm thinking about using in my chronicle: Technocrats find out a ghost in a Quintessence Mine...but that ghost happened to be a member of the High Guild when he was alive.

Some would want to consult the ghost to find out the real history of the Union. Others would want to silence this witness. Still others would want to eliminate it because of its supernatural nature, perhaps after a bit of study.

If it is specific to the High Guild/Syndicate, the NWO might want to pump it for info. Other Conventions would be drawn into the plot. Void Engineers would at least want to contain it so it couldn't disrupt the Consensus. Further ideas depend on the NPCs you already have running. I hope this is helpful.

He/Him... I just Love Witches. I am here for conversation rather than formal debate. My Hacks.

Comment

Officially, the same as any other "ghost": Psychic echoes of particularly strong personalities and/or emotions that in no way provide any sort of proof about the existence of human souls or an afterlife.

Unofficially, it depends on the individuals involved.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by Argonot View Post
          Hi.

In my games, the official response from the higher ups would be that they are obviously lying or confused, after all it's a well known fact that the so-called "ghosts" are nothing more than devious extradimensional entities or degrading psychic echoes. As such, they must be terminated or expelled back to where they came from. On the other hand, an opportunity to learn about the past of the technocracy is too tempting to not consider it at least. It all comes down to what is more powerful, curiosity or fear.

Comment

The Technocracy excepts the existence of Paradox. Ghosts could be explained as a paradox flaw, the consciousness of an individual is now an extradimensional entity. Or an extradimensional has been imprinted/overwritten by the mind of a human being.

As the Technocracy has experience with paradox realms a mage caught in a paradox realm could appear to be a ghost.

In each case the "ghost" is a misunderstanding of a known phenomenon.

Comment

Working...
            X