Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Buildings or Features would put in Technocracy Horizon Construct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Buildings or Features would put in Technocracy Horizon Construct?

(Title: ..would you put..)

You can use the SPERM principle (Social, Political, Economic, Religious and Military), to organize writing important places in a fictional setting. As described by internal documents, the Technocracy is specifically not religious. It is sometimes thought of a quasi-religion, "We are Control" being a phrase spoken into the minds of members by an otherworldly council. So, I would put any buildings associated with Control and maybe Panopticon in the "Religious" function-category. With that out of the way...

Social is both first in order and most important to a setting where character interaction is going to happen. Social places could include:

- A food-court, as you would find in a busy shopping mall.

- An outdoor park with benches.

- A Café.

- Single Nightclub.

- Any Virtual Space that you can imagine where people (perhaps including those from other Constructs) would meet.

As in title, What would you include?

Any ideas for "Natural" Realm Features (mountains, lakes, etc.)?
    Last edited by HorizonParty2021; 06-04-2022, 01:04 AM.

Thank you for passing time with me in conversation. My Hacks.

So this is basically just freewheeling off the top…

•Living Quarters
    -I can see different conventions and factions having different preferences. I imagine Iteration-X (and sometimes the VE & NWO) preferring a sort of barracks model or a planned housing model developed with It-X & NWO collaboration. For other groups, particularly the Syndicate and some NWO, I imagine they’d prefer something more resembling a civilian apartment complex or suburb system. I imagine there’s a spectrum from full It-X Barracks to full Syndicate Apartment Units.

•Clubs & Leisure Organizations
    -I imagine there would be a number of Union-Sponsored clubs and organizations for offering leisure activities and means of building social bonds, a common practice of political groups and social classes for a long time, but particularly noticeable in the 1800s imo.

•I think that every construct would probably be different depending upon leading convention and the purpose of its design but I imagine the average Construct to resemble a mix of a Military Base-University Campus-UN Complex

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
      ​So this is basically just freewheeling off the top…

•Living Quarters
      -I can see different conventions and factions having different preferences. I imagine Iteration-X (and sometimes the VE & NWO) preferring a sort of barracks model or a planned housing model developed with It-X & NWO collaboration. For other groups, particularly the Syndicate and some NWO, I imagine they’d prefer something more resembling a civilian apartment complex or suburb system. I imagine there’s a spectrum from full It-X Barracks to full Syndicate Apartment Units.
      I would go with a Syndicate Landlord over Barracks. For Progenitors, gardening and urban farming would be a thing, with balconies and rooftops producing fresh food.

•Clubs & Leisure Organizations
      -I imagine there would be a number of Union-Sponsored clubs and organizations for offering leisure activities and means of building social bonds, a common practice of political groups and social classes for a long time, but particularly noticeable in the 1800s imo.
      There might be a version of Scouts for kids, who would be taught "local" Cosmology or even Dimensional Science. Teaching kids to tie various knots might be a means of introducing DS related concepts. Syndicate - Media Control would likely have writing workshops and a live theater company.

•I think that every construct would probably be different depending upon leading convention and the purpose of its design but I imagine the average Construct to resemble a mix of a Military Base-University Campus-UN Complex
      The degree of militarism would depend in part on what phase they are at in domesticating Umbrood in the Realm. For more intelligent varieties, "community relations" would be taught. Where Iterators once had "Computer", Progenitors might revere "The Organism" whose appearance, I'll leave to your imagination. New World Order could have a total surveillance academy where recruits would learn to be magicians so skilled they could conceal a trick from eight camera angles at once.

Comment

Political Buildings/Places:
        Suppose there is a pocket realm nearby, belonging to a powerful Umbral Lord. They might have a Department of Umbral Affairs building, connected by portal to an Embassy in the pocket realm.

Another idea would be a communications center that shares information with Technocrats in parallel timelines.

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonParty2021 View Post
          Political Buildings/Places:
          Suppose there is a pocket realm nearby, belonging to a powerful Umbral Lord. They might have a Department of Umbral Affairs building, connected by portal to an Embassy in the pocket realm.

Another idea would be a communications center that shares information with Technocrats in parallel timelines.
          For a "Political" building, the top one must be this one:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Jn48bPJBBvxGbzGCA

Which is the famous conference room from the Dr Strangelove classic movie from 1964 - which also inspired the conference room for the modern TV series for the "Man in the High Castle".

This is the "Conference Room", and that one is as Technocratic as it can get. This is the decision making center, just with a bit more monitors and a few technicians working compiling data from different sources.

Other than that, a communications center, that could be on a room connected to this one, used to communicate with several other Constructs and Amalgams, an "Embassy" to receive visitors (be they other Techs or others), that would have to be a more pleasing environment, like a luxuous mannor with refined foods and drinks and servitors, big windows with breath taking view of the exterior, designed to impress, and another room for "data collection", where all the activities of the realm are compiled to be passed to the higher schellows as needed - reports from the lab activities, reports about personnel, work being conducted in the realm, material requests etc.

And the Conference Room sitting in the middle of that structure, connected to all other of those facilities

Comment

Social buildings: several headquarters appropriate to each Convention - and to the Status of each member. NWO "rookies" may get the common barracks, a NWO senior takes the presidential suit.

Food-court: instead of like a Shopping, more like that of a military HQ. Higher officers get their own eating rooms. The "captain" may even have his own eating room with personal servitors.

Recreation: sporting rooms, like tennis, basketball, soccer and even rooms with video-games or filled with tables for playing RPGs...

Socialization: a bar/cafe is good for members of any post to socialize in an informal way and thus bind closer togheter. It can also include a dance hall for this purpose, with programmed activities. This is good for the morale.

Comment

Economic:

One of the Economic rooms would be connected with the Conference Room, thus it would be tied to the decision making, it would be a Room for detailing all the material needs, receiving reports from all sections about activities and necessities, compiling those to present in the conference room.

Storage facilities:
              - Food and related
              - Ameneties and everyday needs (clothes, beds, domestic utensils like brooms etc, drinks)
              - Warehouses for raw materials
              - Warehouses for equipments
              - NBC storage (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) - despite the name, this is where you put all of the DANGEROUS (or unstable whatever) things (or beings) that need to be contained
              - Special Warehouse for sensible equipment (prototypes of all sorts)
              - Special rooms for particulars - for example, libraries, storage of pieces of art, museum, curiosities etc, anything that may be considered of value to be kept but not necessarily of use for regular activities of the Construct, except perhaps educational purposes.

Instruction:
              - Training rooms:
              * Combat Training (Shooting Range, Dojo for Melee/Unarmed etc)
              * Technical Training (Spheres, Effects)
              * General Training (Skills, Attributes)
              * Specific Knowledge Training (Hidden Lore, Occultism, Survellaince, Memetics, Propaganda etc)

Laboratories:
              - Lab for analyzes of foreign specimens;
              - R&D labs
              - Production centers (food growth lab, equipment manufactories, vat tanks for clones, robotics facilities for production of machinery, robots, electronics, cyborgs, Hit Marks etc)

Comment

Kakost, some more good ideas for this thread, thank you. I saw Dr. Strangelove as a young kid and recalled the final scene when I looked it up on YouTube. One particularity of an Embassy is that it must exist outside one's territory to qualify as such. A structure accessible to residents of the Construct by portal, but existing in the realm of an Umbral Lord meets this criteria. Government buildings on Earth belonging to a developed country, inside its territory, that host foreign representatives can have some pretty cool features. One idea is to to have non-permanent walls. Specialized support columns have external parts that allow security staff to clip and unclip wall segments, changing the layout of the building after each event. Any spy or assassin who had managed to case the layout by infiltrating a delegation will find themselves lost during any future attempt.

Spy buildings might have curved hallways with quark boards affixed every ten feet or so, in order to limit acoustics and the ability of microphones brought in by visitors to eavesdrop on the staff. A similar building in a Horizon Construct would have those features improved with Matter, Forces, Prime and maybe Correspondence.

There is more I will say, likely this weekend. Also thanks to Gryffon15 for ideas previously posted.

Comment

Working...
                X