Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victorian Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    Has anything been said about this recently?
    It's not even in the Monday meeting notes


    You've been playing around the magic that is black
    But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

    Comment


    • #47
      Something of a necro, but has there been any word on this recently?


      Remi. she/her. game designer.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        Something of a necro, but has there been any word on this recently?
        Not a word in any of the M20 backer emails or Monday meeting notes. Maybe ask RichT?
        Last edited by BurritoMage; 04-28-2017, 03:52 AM.

        Comment


        • #49
          There are currently four other M20 books being worked on at once - there are only so many hands on deck
          I'd not worry about it.


          cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
          cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
          EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
            There are currently four other M20 books being worked on at once - there are only so many hands on deck
            I'd not worry about it.
            Except that doesn't answer the ladies question, in fact since it wasn't tired to the M20 kickstarter NuWW can pull the plug on it at any time.
            Last edited by BurritoMage; 04-29-2017, 04:48 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              I'm just not sure what updates one'd expect, when there ARE not updates about the book yet.


              cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
              cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
              EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                Something of a necro, but has there been any word on this recently?
                I asked about this in the last Onyx Path reddit AMA. The answer at that time was that M20 KS projects were given higher priority, so we won't see Victorian Mage or Digital Web 3.0 for a longass time.


                Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
                Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

                Comment


                • #53
                  Just a necro out of curiosity.

                  Cannot believe how old this thread is.


                  Remi. she/her. game designer.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Well, the M20 Technocracy Reloaded Kickstarter just recently finished, so I think the Victorian Mage one is next in the pipeline. It is currently in the "Manuscript Approval" stage, so once that is done and over, they can get to actually preparing the Kickstarter icons and stretch goals and stuff. Since the Manuscript is pretty much the state of the text Technocracy: Reloaded also was at during its Kickstarter.

                    Soon (TM)

                    EDIT:
                    Also holy $deity, this thread is indeed old. But that's also because I *think* it was a book that way pretty much announced from the very start.
                    Last edited by Ambrosia; 06-23-2020, 06:48 AM.


                    cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                    cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                    EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                      Well, the M20 Technocracy Reloaded Kickstarter just recently finished, so I think the Victorian Mage one is next in the pipeline. It is currently in the "Manuscript Approval" stage, so once that is done and over, they can get to actually preparing the Kickstarter icons and stretch goals and stuff. Since the Manuscript is pretty much the state of the text Technocracy: Reloaded also was at during its Kickstarter.

                      Soon (TM)

                      EDIT:
                      Also holy $deity, this thread is indeed old. But that's also because I *think* it was a book that way pretty much announced from the very start.
                      It was. If I remember right, both TR and Vic Mage were announced with the M20 KS. And I'm pretty such a Vic Mage treatment from one of the guys that worked on MtAs kicking around on the internet for longer than that.

                      Frankly it's not surprising as it was an important era for MtAs. The Order of Reason and it's Conventions were becoming the Technocracy and the modern Conventions as their ascendancy became clear to all. The Batin were leaving the Traditions while the ground was being laid for the SoE and VA to eventually fill the empty seats.


                      Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                        Well, the M20 Technocracy Reloaded Kickstarter just recently finished, so I think the Victorian Mage one is next in the pipeline.
                        In terms of general OPP KS or their next WoD KS?

                        Because...no, I don't think it will be. It looks like WoD: Ghost Hunters is the next KS after Legendlore.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if the Victorian Mage KS takes place before TR is published.


                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Though it is doubtful, does anyone imagine a way that we can convince the powers that be to keep the M20 line going? The game seems to be headed towards a finish point of "forever incomplete". Who owns the material now? Paradox I think? What if we formed a kickstarter to form a collective to buy it from them?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                              I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if the Victorian Mage KS takes place before TR is published.
                              Seeing how Kickstarters keep the sausage mill turning its bound to pop up some month this year.


                              You've been playing around the magic that is black
                              But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Marko Markoko View Post
                                Though it is doubtful, does anyone imagine a way that we can convince the powers that be to keep the M20 line going? The game seems to be headed towards a finish point of "forever incomplete". Who owns the material now? Paradox I think? What if we formed a kickstarter to form a collective to buy it from them?
                                ...Not happening. Put simply, I seriously doubt a KS could raise enough money to buy Ascension from Paradox - consider how much money licensing Masquerade nets them, not just V5 but the video games and board games. Then think about how they could do that with Ascension as well. Then consider that the M20 core KS, popular as it was, is currently about as high as a WOD KS is known to get, and it still probably falls short by a long way of what Paradox could expect to make from Ascension.


                                Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X