Victorian Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marko Markoko View Post
    Though it is doubtful, does anyone imagine a way that we can convince the powers that be to keep the M20 line going? The game seems to be headed towards a finish point of "forever incomplete". Who owns the material now? Paradox I think? What if we formed a kickstarter to form a collective to buy it from them?
    STV lets the likes of Brucato to continue publishing for as long as they have something to say and the finances work out.

Comment

AkatsukiLeader13 when did the Batini leave the Traditions?

Dataweaver what’s wrong with Phil Brucato?

Not being snarky. Idk anything about him except his name and he designed M20.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Marko Markoko View Post
        Though it is doubtful, does anyone imagine a way that we can convince the powers that be to keep the M20 line going? The game seems to be headed towards a finish point of "forever incomplete". Who owns the material now? Paradox I think? What if we formed a kickstarter to form a collective to buy it from them?
        Aside from what marin has already said, in this day in age I don't think any company would be inclined to let third-parties pull a Paizo and run off with their license.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Dataweaver what’s wrong with Phil Brucato?

Not being snarky. Idk anything about him except his name and he designed M20.
          What makes you think I'm saying that there's anything wrong with him? All I'm saying is that there's nothing stopping him from making more supplements, other than economic realities, perhaps; they just won't be officially endorsed by Paradox if he does.

Comment

(...) Phil Brucato?

(...) Idk anything about him except his name and he designed M20.
            He co-wrote Mage 2nd edition and wrote Mage: Sorcercer's Crusade. He was also a developer/writer for many books throughout the various editions.

Comment

Dataweaver I’m sorry. For real. Usually when someone uses the phrase “the likes of” it implies that they don’t like the person.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                (...) I'm saying is that there's nothing stopping him from making more supplements, other than economic realities, perhaps; they just won't be officially endorsed by Paradox if he does.
                But they *are* endorsed by White Wolf (Sweden).
                I am not sure of the exact details, but on the Mage Facebook group page, he commented something about being contractually prohibited from producing certain types of material. He wrote "Mage Made Easy" (a great book I recommend), and I *think* that is the kind of material he is restricted to. As in, he might not be allowed to write a "Traditions Renewed" book or some such.

But *we* can. Any of us are able to write and sellf publish adventures, trad splats, or such,

I recommend checking that FB group out. Brucato is the group admin. It is a private group, so you have to make a join request. But it is painless to do so.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/496367913753429/

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Aside from what marin has already said, in this day in age I don't think any company would be inclined to let third-parties pull a Paizo and run off with their license.

STV already functionally lets someone do that? the STV stuff would allow someone to make a Vampire Pathfinder for example.

Comment

Kind of. You could publish stuff for M20 (or any of the earlier editions), including a set of house rules to tailor the game more to your liking; but you couldn't create an alternate edition of Mage. And if White Wolf doesn't like what you publish for whatever reason, they reserve the right to pull it. In short, don't try to use STV to undermine them.

Comment

Yeah it is depressing that the x20 edition is pretty much dead, especially after the mess that was V5's early days. Though I will admit, I am hopeful that they can turn it around and certainly OPP's work on V5 has shown promise. And of course it's going to be years before we see M5*.

But all that interesting x20 potential that was going on is now down the drain. For M20 besides TR and Vic Mage, I was looking forward to an update for the Crafts/Disparate Alliance as well those new Crafts that were name dropped in M20. Especially the Mirainohmen as I'm long time fan of the SMT/Persona franchise and had been very interested on seeing the M20 take on such characters.

*Please Paradox, please! Don't turn the Technocracy into the Alt-Right!

AkatsukiLeader13 when did the Batini leave the Traditions?
                      Double-checking I was a little wrong on my timeline. I thought they left in the late 1800s but actually left 1922 which does make more sense as that would be after WWI, the collapse of Ottoman Empire and the Allies dividing up the Middle East which caused problems that we're still dealing with today.

But yeah, the seeds for their departure are present in the Victorian Age. In the late 1800s, the Technocracy hits their Middle East holdings hard while the other Traditions continue to be largely apathetic to the Batini's problems.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

AkatsukiLeader13 that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Has it been said how much this project will draw on the Outline that's been floating around for ages, with the Lodges?

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Well, I understand that Ian Watson was responsible for the outline that you're referring to; and that he's got a hand in Victorian Mage as well. So I won't be surprised if some ideas from the outline sneak in.

I will be surprised if things like the outline's mention of Minor Spheres makes it in, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X