The Orphic Circle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
    Heck, seems like the goals of two groups of necromancers (Orphic Circle and the Giovanni) could easily get confused via telephone tag when wraiths are talking about them. Assuming someone outside the clan figured out that's what the Giovanni want in the first place.
    Assuming that the average wraith encountering members of either group actually knew about either group. Knowledge players and storytellers have is not necessarily the same knowledge PCs and NPCs have.

And actually if I remember correctly there were a number of different splats within the Orphic Circle including some Giovanni. Certainly there was at least one Kuei-Jin who was a member until the 6GM when he abandoned the group and eventually ended up on the hunter.net. And of course there was Xerxes Jones, a Void Engineer who was a member until his experiment went off prematurely and earned, rather unjustly, the blame of causing the 6GM.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

As far as I read, most Necromancers, human, mage or vampire, regardless of grouping, wish to take down the Shroud. Unpublished material indicates that's because of Voormas of the Euthanatoi tampering with necromancy as a whole, making sure all who practise it would become obsessed with taking down the Shroud. Voormas himself is insane due to Jhor and is basically pushed by Oblivion, i.e. the purest and primordial source of all entropy, to tear down the Shroud. Unknown even to Voormas, the point of that is that the Shroud stands between the Underworld and the Skinworld and the Underworld stands between Oblivion and creation... So basically if the Shroud disappears Oblivion can devour the entire creation. Smart plan.

What I don't get is why the Giovanni didn't join the Circle en masse and instead, it is only the renegade Giovanni who join.

Fun fact: somewhere it's said Lazarus also wants to tear down the Shroud, and therefore so does a faction of the Harbingers of Skull. Really some people should put aside silly grudges and start working together...

Comment

Working...
      X