No announcement yet.

M20 Character Sheets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, I have to say that you are the fucking master. I don't know if you can say something similar in English, but in Spanish that means that you are the best Thank you for your sheets.

Second, I've seen the Spanish sheet and the name you use for Abilities is different from the one the current WoD publisher in Spanish is using (for both Spain and Latinamerica). This are said abilities and the terms the current publisher is using:

Melee: Pelea con Armas (I don't agree with the translation, but it is the official one)
    Crafts: Artesanía
    Computers: Informática

Just in case you want to change them (I'm not demanding it), or tell Rodolfo.

And, again, just in case you would like to translate the Technocracy sheet (I don't know if that Rodolfo made the sheet or just told you the translation), I can provide the terms:

Technocracy: Tecnocracia
    Eidolon: Eidolon
    Convention: Convención
    Amalgam: Amalgama
    Dimensional Science: Ciencia Dimensional
    Enlightenment: Iluminación
    Primal Energy: Energía Primaria

Comment

It's hard for me to imagine playing a WoD game without using a Mr. Gone sheet.
      This, for years. Your kung fu is the best, Mr. Gone. I'm sure you hear it all the time, but I've never told you myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
        I'm not sure how many more spots for backgrounds I could add there. So, you think I could make the whole section just have type in titles?
        (Since I like this idea too) I think that'd be the most flexible way personally. I don't think it needs more spots for backgrounds total, just more blank ones. We could probably have a long discussion about which ones should be hard-coded (My own thoughts would probably be just Avatar and Resources) but having them all type-in would definitely cover all the bases, even if it'd be more typing.

So, you think I need to add in some spots for Paradigm, Practice, and Instruments? How many lines should those have? And would you have more than one Focus?
        Characters only have one Focus (Basically it's the new word for Style) so one Focus block of that size seems correct to me. Everyone has one focus that's made up of the three of those. Basically Paradigm and Practice would both be one or a few small phrases, while Instruments could be a big list of things. I think what would look best would be start-of-line headings as in Description, with 'Paradigm', two or three lines for it, 'Practice', two or three lines for it, and then the rest being for Instruments.

(I also personally think it'd be cool if the last field on the left on Description was 'Gender' instead of 'Sex' but I probably shouldn't open that can of worms right now. )

Thanks again for being fast and awesome with these!

Comment

I keep looking at pages 2-3-4 and want to do something different with them for M20. A standard WoD character sheet just doesn't seem to cover the way M20 might play. No field experience with this yet, nor have I tried to create any characters for M20 with the sheets, so it's just intuition. Mage characters can now be so differentiated they might just need more custom areas where they can fill in the blank. I'm doing thought experiments to swap the sections around a bit. I'll let you know if I have any revelations as to how I think they might be better organized.

Jason, the Storyteller
          -
          "Old dreams become new again in the spring. This is where the nightmares are."

Comment

Mr. Gone, you have always been the go-to guy for character sheets all of these years, even back when Windows was still in its infancy for most of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mu_ View Post
              First of all, I have to say that you are the fucking master. I don't know if you can say something similar in English, but in Spanish that means that you are the best Thank you for your sheets.
              Well thank you! You very welcome!

Originally posted by Mu_ View Post
              Second, I've seen the Spanish sheet and the name you use for Abilities is different from the one the current WoD publisher in Spanish is using (for both Spain and Latinamerica). This are said abilities and the terms the current publisher is using:

Melee: Pelea con Armas (I don't agree with the translation, but it is the official one)
              Crafts: Artesanía
              Computers: Informática

Just in case you want to change them (I'm not demanding it), or tell Rodolfo.

And, again, just in case you would like to translate the Technocracy sheet (I don't know if that Rodolfo made the sheet or just told you the translation), I can provide the terms:

Technocracy: Tecnocracia
              Eidolon: Eidolon
              Convention: Convención
              Amalgam: Amalgama
              Dimensional Science: Ciencia Dimensional
              Enlightenment: Iluminación
              Primal Energy: Energía Primaria
              Thanks for the info. I believe Rodolfo made the sheet(based on mine) and just asked me to post it. If I can edit it, I will. But I might just pass the info on to him.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Morimaruvik View Post
              This, for years. Your kung fu is the best, Mr. Gone. I'm sure you hear it all the time, but I've never told you myself.
              Aww, thank you! I appreciate that!

Originally posted by Indi Latrani View Post
              (Since I like this idea too) I think that'd be the most flexible way personally. I don't think it needs more spots for backgrounds total, just more blank ones. We could probably have a long discussion about which ones should be hard-coded (My own thoughts would probably be just Avatar and Resources) but having them all type-in would definitely cover all the bases, even if it'd be more typing.
              Yea, I think the idea of making them all have interactive headers is the way to go. That way people can just make them be whatever.

Characters only have one Focus (Basically it's the new word for Style) so one Focus block of that size seems correct to me. Everyone has one focus that's made up of the three of those. Basically Paradigm and Practice would both be one or a few small phrases, while Instruments could be a big list of things. I think what would look best would be start-of-line headings as in Description, with 'Paradigm', two or three lines for it, 'Practice', two or three lines for it, and then the rest being for Instruments.
              Ok, thats cool. Thanks for the info! I'll pass it up the powers that be and see what they think. Makes sense to me and I don't have any issues changing it to that.

(I also personally think it'd be cool if the last field on the left on Description was 'Gender' instead of 'Sex' but I probably shouldn't open that can of worms right now. )
              I don't have any issues with that either if thats what everyone wants.

Thanks again for being fast and awesome with these!
              You're very welcome. I try my best. Might be a few days before I can make some of these changes though, but I'll try to work on it this weekend if not before then.

Originally posted by Storyteller31 View Post
              I keep looking at pages 2-3-4 and want to do something different with them for M20. A standard WoD character sheet just doesn't seem to cover the way M20 might play. No field experience with this yet, nor have I tried to create any characters for M20 with the sheets, so it's just intuition. Mage characters can now be so differentiated they might just need more custom areas where they can fill in the blank. I'm doing thought experiments to swap the sections around a bit. I'll let you know if I have any revelations as to how I think they might be better organized.
              Well, if think up something, let me know. Maybe I can do some kind of alternate or unofficial sheet. We'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by Coyotekin View Post
              Mr. Gone, you have always been the go-to guy for character sheets all of these years, even back when Windows was still in its infancy for most of the world.
              Thank you. I guess I have been doing it for a long time now... I'm just glad everyone likes my work. Just sorry I don't get to do as much of it as I used to. But, at least I get to make most of the official sheets these days.

MrGone's Character Sheets
              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Just so y'all know, I went ahead and updated the Expanded Backgrounds sections of the Official 4 Page sheet(on my site) and the Technocracy sheets. I made all the headers type in fields. Take a look and see what you think. Hope you like em...

I'll work on the stuff before too long, but I had a little bit of time tonight so I thought I'd get that done.

Comment

Something that came up in a W20 game we played recently. Bigger boxes for health levels. You can see a "/" or "X" pretty well, but "*" just isn't viewable in those boxes on US letter sized paper.

PS - Still working on coming up with an alternate layout for M20 pages 2-4.

Jason, the Storyteller
                  -

Comment

Hey is there any possibility of you doing sorcerer's crusade sheets too? pretty please?

Comment

Something that came up in a W20 game we played recently. Bigger boxes for health levels. You can see a "/" or "X" pretty well, but "*" just isn't viewable in those boxes on US letter sized paper.
                      Hmmm...haven't heard of any issues before, and I've been using the same health boxes for like 10 years now(maybe longer). You're just writing them in, right?

PS - Still working on coming up with an alternate layout for M20 pages 2-4.
                      Thats ok. Take your time. I haven;t even started on anything for these yet...

Originally posted by Firanai View Post
                      Hey is there any possibility of you doing sorcerer's crusade sheets too? pretty please?
                      I hadn't thought about it, but I guess I can add it to the list. Isn't much to change aside from the skills, and maybe a few bits on the other pages...right?

Comment

Found something else misspelled. 4-page sheets under Armor. "Penality" should be "Penalty".

Jason, the Storyteller
                        -

Comment

M20, 4 page, Alternate Layout

I really don't have much after trying to fiddle with it. I just have some suggestions that are really minor and might please only me. Please seek feedback from others before you go creating sheets just to suit my whims.

P. 1
                          • Reorder Nature/Demeanor/Essence to Essence/Nature/Demeanor
                          p. 2
                          • Combat section more like W20. Combat chart with "roll" rather than "conceal". That brawling chart from the W20 sheet sure came in handy during a recent W20 game. Not sure if it would be as handy during a Mage game or not. IMO, Armor only needs that one line ala W20 sheet.
                          • In the Magic (Magick) section move "focus" to the left-hand column. Remove "wonders" and "rotes" headers in favor of just a blank column with lines.
                          p. 3
                          • Change "chantry" header to "locations".
                          • Make possessions three columns ala Demon V20, 4 page. Title columns "Gear (Carried)", "Equipment (Owned)" and "Misc."
                          p. 4
                          • "Culture" to replace "Awakening" header. Alternate header for "culture" might be "Mundane" or "Mundane History"
                          • "Awakening" header to replace "Goals/Destiny"
                          • "Goals/Destiny" to replace "Quiets"
                          • "Sex" replaced with "Gender"
                          I can give my reasonings in a follow-up post if anyone has questions.

PS - In the vein of pleasing only me, I'd love to see an interactive M20 sheet that has blank ability lines ala W20 4 page blanks skills interactive. I'm planning to change the abilities for my M20 game and that would make it really, really easy. Blank spheres might be cool too for those Data, Dimensional Science, Primal Utility alternate sphere names.
                          Last edited by Storyteller31; 06-05-2015, 01:38 AM. Reason: I changed my mind after working with the sheet to create an actual character. I removed some stuff I requested. Needs bigger fonts!

Jason, the Storyteller
                          -

Comment

Hi MrGone, just wanted to say thank you for continuing to create and release sheets for us

Comment

Found something else misspelled. 4-page sheets under Armor. "Penality" should be "Penalty".
                              If you look at almost all my CWoD sheet, it's spelled that way. It's a stretch, but it almost still works:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penality

LOL

Trying to decide if I leave it be as an in joke for me or what. We'll see.... :P

M20, 4 page, Alternate Layout

I really don't have much after trying to fiddle with it. I just have some suggestions that are really minor and might please only me. Please seek feedback from others before you go creating sheets just to suit my whims.

P. 1
                              • Reorder Nature/Demeanor/Essence to Essence/Nature/Demeanor

p. 2
                              • Combat section more like W20. Combat chart with "roll" rather than "conceal". That brawling chart from the W20 sheet sure came in handy during a recent W20 game. Not sure if it would be as handy during a Mage game or not. IMO, Armor only needs that one line ala W20 sheet.
                              • In the Magic (Magick) section move "focus" to the left-hand column. Remove "wonders" and "rotes" headers in favor of just a blank column with lines.

p. 3
                              • Change "chantry" header to "locations".
                              • Make possessions three columns ala Demon V20, 4 page. Title columns "Gear (Carried)", "Equipment (Owned)" and "Misc."

p. 4
                              • "Culture" to replace "Awakening" header. Alternate header for "culture" might be "Mundane" or "Mundane History"
                              • "Awakening" header to replace "Goals/Destiny"
                              • "Goals/Destiny" to replace "Quiets"
                              • "Sex" replaced with "Gender"

I can give my reasonings in a follow-up post if anyone has questions.
                              Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep those in mind and might make it for you, if I get the time.

PS - In the vein of pleasing only me, I'd love to see an interactive M20 sheet that has blank ability lines ala W20 4 page blanks skills interactive. I'm planning to change the abilities for my M20 game and that would make it really, really easy.
                              Yea, I asked about the blank line at the bottom of the abilities list when I did up the M20 sheet, but they didn't seem to need them. You're wanting all the abilities lines to be blank though?

Blank spheres might be cool too for those Data, Dimensional Science, Primal Utility alternate sphere names.
                              I did that for the Technocracy sheet as an alternate version, so maybe I'll do an alternate regular sheet that way as well...

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
                              Hi MrGone, just wanted to say thank you for continuing to create and release sheets for us
                              Aww, thank you! I appreciate that! I'm just you(and everyone else) still like the work I do. I know I don't get to do it as often these days, but I'm always happy to do what I can. So I'm just glad everyone still enjoys it.

Thank you!

Comment

Yea, I asked about the blank line at the bottom of the abilities list when I did up the M20 sheet, but they didn't seem to need them. You're wanting all the abilities lines to be blank though?
                                Yeah, I plan to majorly reshuffle Abilities. My example and reasons are in the M20 House Rules thread. The W20 sheet is exactly named "W20 4 page blanks skills interactive". After making some characters last night to try out the new focus rules, I know my players are going to complain about the interactive fields' small text. The interactive fields just need to be a liiiiiittle bit taller to go to the next size up of text. Old gamers have failing eyesight. *sigh*

Jason, the Storyteller
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X