Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been watching the anime Psycho-Pass, which is interesting, and offers a number of ideas on NWO style populous monitoring.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Caught up to 2017. January onward to go!

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

The movie Cast A Deadly Spell (1991), which is kind of cheesy, but not without its charms (npi).

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Alan Wake/American Nightmare: A writter who can manipulate reality through his works. and uses it to Fight The Darkness.
          Max Payne: The Story of a Hard Boiled detective wanting to avenge his family. Drug addicts who can take a lot of bullets, a secret conspiracy and the Inner Circle...yeah. sounds like mage to me, also, Bullet Time.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Legends of Tomorrow had a plot line where one of the characters becomes a villain via mental manipulation/tampering, and adopts a very destructive, nihilistic mindset that is very reminiscent of the Nephandi. It's very interesting, because most Nephandi-esque characters I've seen are played very over-the-top. But this portrayal emphasizes a sense of emptiness and apathy. Basically, instead of "Everything should burn!!! Mwahaha", it's more of a "why shouldn't everything burn?"

It was surprisingly effective. It got me rethinking how I portray some of the Nephandi in my games.

Comment

Clive Barker, Imagica, The Great And Secret Show, and Everville

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
              https://soundcloud.com/twin-cities-by-night
              If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

While I'm sure some of William Gibson's works have been mentioned, I will draw special attention to Count Zero (the second part of his original Sprawl trilogy that started with Neuromancer), which involves a weird mix of computer hacking and Voodoo as one of it's main plot threads.

Also, his short story "The Gernsback Continuum" (found in Burning Chrome), which was an inspiration for the Etherite realm of the same name.

Really, if you are a Mage fan and haven't read most of Gibson's work, you really should.

Comment

I've thought for a while now that Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End" is basically a take on Lucifer leading humanity to Mass Ascension.

Comment

From a completely non-fiction side of things: Thomas Sowell's A Conflict of Visions, The Vision of the Anointed, The Quest for Cosmic Justice, and Intellectuals & Society. This is pretty much the how and why of the Technocracy's thought processes.

Comment

• Short film called Firebase. Make the River god a Marauder and the CIA agent a nwo agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
                        Short film called Firebase. Make the River god a Marauder and the CIA agent a nwo agent.
                        Indeed this works for mage. Though the CIA agent felt to me more as a Hunter (Team Force Valkyire) And the Soldier as a Second Sight Psychic with the sub-concious ability to bend his fate though combative/life& death situations. The reality capsule being a suit that amplifies his surival probability as well as nullify the break down of Space Time. The perfect hunter for reality deviants.

"I am a daydreamer and a Night thinker."~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightout View Post

Indeed this works for mage. Though the CIA agent felt to me more as a Hunter (Team Force Valkyire) And the Soldier as a Second Sight Psychic with the sub-concious ability to bend his fate though combative/life& death situations. The reality capsule being a suit that amplifies his surival probability as well as nullify the break down of Space Time. The perfect hunter for reality deviants.
                          That's great and all but this isn't the chod section.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post

That's great and all but this isn't the chod section.....
                            My apologizes. Was just in my head. Your setup of it is on point as well.

"I am a daydreamer and a Night thinker."~

Comment

• Just want to say that it's completely awesome how, out of the entire list, The Invisibles is in bold. Because that story is Mage as all get out. Perhaps the Mageyist Mage to ever Mage. Without actually being from the game. Traditions and Disparates vs Threat Null/Nephandi-infiltrated Technocracy.
                              Last edited by grubf; 08-13-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Been reading Dean Koontz's recent release, The Silent Corner, which touches on a number of Mage themes, especially being someone existing off the grid while struggling against a conspiracy of powerful technocratic elitist tyrants.

Comment

Working...
                                X