Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want a science fiction novel that is dripping with Mage?
    Read Greg Egan's 1992 novel "Quarantine".

I will hide the Wikipedia link behind a fat spoiler tag, because, seriously, MASSIVE SPOILERS right up front.
    I really, really, really suggest reading the book without opening this. It's simply here for people that reaaaaally aren't into books:

The ISBN is 978-0-06-105423-5

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
    >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels | | >> 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff

Comment

• Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the podcast Welcome to Night Vale needs to be thrown into the mix. It's a good atmospheric piece for the World of Darkness in general and some episodes I've heard recently (I'm going thru the back catalog, so they're still older episodes) are very appropriate for Mage. It's almost like someone is trying to form their own Reality Zone, but what Tradition they could be, I have no idea. It's almost like they're experimenting with numerous variations. In my own head, I think the populace is filled with Imbued, kinfolk, acolytes, etc, etc, etc. People who can see the weirdness, but can't really do anything about it but play by the bizarro rules to survive. There's even a woman who can see angels even though everybody denies they exist, per City Council orders, of course.

Episodes 47 and 48 from back in 2014 are basically a Technocracy/Traditions battle, so I'm throwing them against the wall here to see if it sticks.
      Last edited by Papa Bear; 11-02-2017, 12:58 PM.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
      - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• How about the first season of Heroes? It was an amazing show with a lot of different power displayed by the characters,

In video games, I thought of Mass Effect 1-2-3 and Andromeda for VE inspiration. Even Iteration-X (technology) and Progenitor (DNA and biotic powers)

Comment

• Originally posted by THe Guide View Post
          How about the first season of Heroes? It was an amazing show with a lot of different power displayed by the characters,

In video games, I thought of Mass Effect 1-2-3 and Andromeda for VE inspiration. Even Iteration-X (technology) and Progenitor (DNA and biotic powers)

Mass Effect 1-3 for sure, but let's not mention Andromeda. lol.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Equilibrium is totally a Mage movie.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Michael Crichton's novels Prey and Next, which cover some interesting stuff potentially relating to Iteration X and the Progenitors, respectively. Some of the material in Next I also found inspirational for Virtual Adepts who might engage in garage-punk bioengineering.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
            X