X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Counsel of Traditions

We treated them as Les Idiots, we had reasons. But when they could have left us to die, and the communities we come from and care for, they saved us and work to save everybody.

I still have problems with the Council, but they occasionally do good things.

Order of Hermes

Angry old white men, or so we thought. Who knew the Merlins had ideals that we could respect. I still think they needed better manners. But I see recent events and actions as a partial apology.

Mercurial Elites

I'm still a little leery of people who want to remake the world without knowing anything about it. Still, their A.I.s do the work my parents had to get up at five to do. So I'll be tolerant.

Children of Ether

They're insane. But their tinker toys clean the floors and toilets and deliver groceries. I've had less useful acquaintances.

Sahajiya

These folks seem to show some sense. They are a little too into pleasure. But they ease the pain of the dead. And that helps everybody.

Chakravanti

Morbid as hell, and we hang with the Hollow Ones. Still they know how to party. Like the Sahajiya, they ease the pain of the dead. This is a fine thing.

The Akashayana

Now that we meet, I am impressed. Still it doesn't seem all that relevant to my life.

Celestial Chorus

Their charity is real. They do not degrade you to help you. But I see a narrowness in their vision.

Kra'vadi

They aren't a single tradition. The Council forced a thousand separate paths into one tradition. That the Kra'vadi get anything done amazes me

Verbena

Witches, and yet we seem to have much in common. We must learn more.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 07-08-2022, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Bata'as

We were never even civil to the "Nine Traditions" but when everything fell apart and the mad gods started eating people they threw us a lifeline. Now we live in their city and they treat us with respect.

That said this place is so sweetly charming it makes me queasy. There is no poverty. The Man doesn't want to push you around. They want to hear what you have to say. But this whole city is like stew without salt or pepper.

Still, once we get more people here, that will change. And they want us to help them get more people. And they say they didn't get enough of the people we lived among and worked with. Could we bring those people others would leave behind.

I think we can work together.

​The Ahl-I-Batini

They are so very clever. What's worse is they know they are very clever. As noxious as it is I can't tell you how glad I am that these assassins think we're stupid.

The Children of Knowledge

I have used drugs to open my mind and more fully commune with the spirits. I can respect these chemists. But I also think they take foolish risks.

The Hollow Ones

It is amazing to me that any group of people that are this annoying can get so much done. There are solid reasons we teamed up with them

The Kopa Loei

Like us they were abused and cheated. Like us they stand up for their own against others. They have a plan and goals. As both their plans and their goals make sense I think we can learn from them.

The Ngoma

These are the heirs of Ancient Africa's high mystics and philosophers. When our ancestors were condemned to the Middle Passage they were contemplating their navels. I have issues with them.

Plus, I lived in America. My mentor was from Haiti. My best friend in my circle was from Brazil. Africa is wonderful, but it isn't everything.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

They occasionally make good points. Rare occasions. These women have substance and they have commitment. Now if they only had manners.

Taftani

They try to be storybook wizards in the real world. They achieve more than you would expect. But when you see the effort they put in for the results they get, it seems so pointless.

The Templar Knights

Preachers with guns and knives. Lots of guns and knives. They are pious. Their piety is real and profound. But they are still insufferable.

Find something dangerous that needs killing and sic them on it. But as nasty as these bullies are, never waste a useful resource.

Wu-Lung

Once these were princes in China. Scholars, aristocrats, advisors to the imperial court. In other words, the Man in China. These racists, and never doubt their racism, see others as expendable. Never forget that.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    There are other powers. Most are useless, some could be made slaves.

Vampires

Puppets of the fallen. If any show up, get them to kill the less worthy Mages Then kill the vampire before you can be found out.

Shapechangers

They can't even control themselves. They were spirit beings meant to prevent the fallen ones from even happening. Their failures mean they can only be our dogs.

Wraiths

To stupid to know how to die properly.

Changelings

Delusions at best.

Mummies

Some were useful. None are here.

Hunters

A reaction of the world to the pollution of the fallen ones. Much like a rash or a fever. Useless.

Demons

Incompetent and undisciplined angels. They might be trained to be servants. But not easily.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    I'll be posting more on this thread soon.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Technocratic Union

Their desperation makes them exploitable. But they must all be eliminated.

Iteration X

Skillful craftsmen lacking in vision. The tools they make might be impressive if we valued such things.

The N. W. O.

Nearly as good as we are in both manipulation and infiltration. Let's be rid of them while they are weak.

The Progenitors

If we valued what they do we might admire them.

The Syndicate

The fools still preach the value of money. Can't they see how worthless it always was? Their only use is to discredit our foes by their foolishness.

Void Engineers

Brave, bold, cunning, and they fight the fallen. We might need to take them over. We'll still need to purge them later, but until then they are useful.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 05-04-2020, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied

​We created them, they failed us. They assume the recent rescue wins them forgiveness. They proved themselves unworthy and must be removed.

Order of Hermes

We share so much with them. Their vision of a just society would be worthy in another world. But as long as the fallen exist survival is the only value. Their quest for justice is a fatal distraction.

Mercurial Elites, Children of Ether

​Children playing with tinker toys.

Sahajiya. Chakravanti

​Lost in their cycles and dances. Still, we need them to keep the Wraiths away.

The Akashayana

Admirable, but in the way.

Celestial Chorus

​They never understood how deadly the fallen are. Still, they have useful influence with the masses.

Kra'vadi. Verbena

Primitives of little worth.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    ​The Ahl-I-Batini

​This city is a lifeboat. But if we are to survive, we must take charge of the boat. You can't save everybody, you must choose. For centuries we warned the others, they refused to listen. They are the dupes of the fallen. There is no room for them in the lifeboat.

This city was built as an expression of unjustified hope and a celebration of a misplaced tolerance. The Wizard has a good heart, but he is, in the end, an Avatar of innocence. He must be killed or driven away after we no longer need him.

We will need allies.

​The Bata'as

Street mages that serve the people. They lack the discipline and ​focus they desperately need. But we can still make use of them.

​We thought they'd be a source of contacts in Western society. As the West no longer exists we find they have little use.

The Hollow Ones

They always get more done than it seems they could. Still, their idealism is a burden.

The Kopa Loei

They have worthy goals as far as they go. But if they and their people survive they'll simply be burdens later on.

The Ngoma

Commendable in so many ways. But they don't serve our vision of Unity and their other uses are obsolete.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

Useful for misdirecting people's attention with their bitter and divisive politics. Useful dupes.

Taftani

These rogues had useful knowledge of the Jinni, otherwise pointless.

The Templar Knights

Easily gulled into being shock troops for us.

Wu-Lung

​As they are narrowly focused on China we can probably use them as allies for a time. But they will have to be eliminated later.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 05-02-2020, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Thank you for responding. Feedback will help.

Leave a comment:

• Actual_Table
    replied
    I've read this when you posted it awhile ago, and only now just got an account set up. It looks like a lot of fun to run!

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    We and the other Mages have to deal with other powers.

Vampires

​Kill them. They were useful enough on Earth but they're no use here. Besides killing vamps makes us look good.

Shapechangers

​Do not annoy them.

Wraiths

Not our resource or our problem. .

Changelings

Faeries! Remember their money is always a fraud and they are mainly illusion. Don't waste your time.

Mummies

​If any show up we'll deal with it then.

Hunters

Mostly Working Class and see us as thieves.

Demons

See Vampires but be more thorough.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Disparate Alliance

Most of these guys were easily bought and sold but lacked a head for business. Still some of them might be useful.

​The Ahl-I-Batini

​They call us Nephandi. Do they ever look at themselves?

​The Bata'as

​Street voodoo mages. We've made money off them in ways that annoyed them, much as we did the Verbene. But if these folks are streetwise, maybe we can still forge ties.

​Consciousness expansion never made money. Drug addicts aren't much use to us.

The Hollow Ones

Lifestyles like theirs requires cities and markets. But they still look down on us. Fashionistas and they don't even know fashion can't exist without markets.

The Kopa Loei

They seem to have set themselves good goals. But I can't see them wanting to work with us.

The Ngoma

​They are healers and teachers. They have an intellectual view of life and society. We might be able to connect. It will take work but it would be worthwhile.

The Sisters of Hippolyta , Taftani , The Templar Knights

Irrelevant by choice, all of them.

Wu-Lung

​Smooth trouble seeking someone to use. But people like that can be used. Tricksters will often trick themselves.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 05-02-2020, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied

​They have hated us since we were The High Guild and before that when we were seneschals to kings. someone had to make sure resources including time were well spent. Still, we need to win some of these folks over.

Order of Hermes

At their base, they are philosophers too. At a certain point they'll have to concede the value of markets again. Until then remind them that we are philosophers and social scientists too.

Mercurial Elites

They certainly showed they could work the markets. See if you can find Anarcio-Capitalists among them.

Children of Ether

​No use. Yes, they'd be good allies, but we can't get them.

Sahajiya

​You'd think that given their consumption patterns they'd have more respect. Most of their ideas were only possible for the masses once their were thriving markets. Leave them to managing the ghosts.

Chakravanti

​Like the Sahajiya but morbid. Let them be the ghost wranglers.

The Akashayana

We never got on. But they're doing useful stuff.

Celestial Chorus

​They raked in way to much money to look down on us now. But they were always self-righteous.

Kra'vadi

Like the Chorus but less skilled at moneymaking. .

Verbena

Like the Chorus but less skilled at moneymaking. .

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Syndicate

We've never been this low. And people see money as a joke. But they still use markets, they buy this and sell that, that's money. But they say keeping count of points in separate accounts isn't the same as money. Assigning children the right to have some treats rationed by a points system isn't the same as derivatives and stock options. Counting the beans isn't the same as counting the interest payments, this city is a lifeboat. We've got to bring back the respectability of money, it's economic value that makes people value their time and seek better ways to do things. You can preach morality all you like but it's always self-interest that drives people toward virtue.

The Void Engineers They're doing useful work, needed work, leave them be. They'll never forgive us for not backing their dreams to the hilt. They didn't understand other priorities. And right now changing them isn't our priority.

Iteration X They still don't see that our shaping how the masses received their gifts was vital to their getting around ancient prejudices. Still, our mechanistic analyses of the markets and human reaction to them always was a place we lined up together. Reconnect.

New World Order These guys were getting scary at the end. And they see us as superfluous right now. Let them stabilize before bothering them.

The Progenitors They're like ItX but angrier. Still, they were friendlier to us than to NWO so we might be able to mend fences.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Mages aren't the only Reality Deviants around.

Vampires

​There is no question, kill them. Report them first then kill them. Use fire or sunlight, there's no paradox here.

Shapechangers

​They don't talk to us, do not annoy them.

Wraiths

Others deal with them. You aren't an expert. So leave them to experts.

Changelings

Why am I even surprised the Fairies exist and the Hermetics know them? Be polite and see what you can learn.

Mummies

​Not here so not important now.

Hunters

Worth knowing. Be polite and see what you can learn.

Demons

Follow the same protocols as with just with Vampires more force and thoroughness.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 04-09-2020, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Disparate Alliance

We know little of them. Time to change that.

​The Ahl-I-Batini

​They call us Nephandi. Maybe we let others deal with them.

​The Bata'as

​Street voodoo mages. Maybe they've got good herbs. We could learn something.

​Alchemists into consciousness expansion. Well the CofX seemed unimportant too. Ascension in a pill seems unlikely, but maybe they've found a way to make things easier.

The Hollow Ones

If it weren't for all the trouble I know these brats can cause I'd assume they were all talk and no substance. That can't be true. So lets listen to them. (Yeah they won't make that easy.)

The Kopa Loei

They seem to have set themselves good goals. That shows they have some substance. Maybe they have something to offer.

The Ngoma

​They are healers and teachers. So we should have something in common.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

Loud and hostile.

Taftani

Quiet and scary hostile.

The Templar Knights

Trouble seeking someone to hurt.

Wu-Lung

​Smooth trouble seeking someone to use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X