The Serpent Bracelet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Disparate Alliance

Most of these guys were easily bought and sold but lacked a head for business. Still some of them might be useful.

​The Ahl-I-Batini

​They call us Nephandi. Do they ever look at themselves?

​The Bata'as

​Street voodoo mages. We've made money off them in ways that annoyed them, much as we did the Verbene. But if these folks are streetwise, maybe we can still forge ties.

The Children of Knowledge

​Consciousness expansion never made money. Drug addicts aren't much use to us.

The Hollow Ones

Lifestyles like theirs requires cities and markets. But they still look down on us. Fashionistas and they don't even know fashion can't exist without markets.

The Kopa Loei

They seem to have set themselves good goals. But I can't see them wanting to work with us.

The Ngoma

​They are healers and teachers. They have an intellectual view of life and society. We might be able to connect. It will take work but it would be worthwhile.

The Sisters of Hippolyta , Taftani , The Templar Knights

Irrelevant by choice, all of them.

Wu-Lung

​Smooth trouble seeking someone to use. But people like that can be used. Tricksters will often trick themselves.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 05-02-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

We and the other Mages have to deal with other powers.

Vampires

​Kill them. They were useful enough on Earth but they're no use here. Besides killing vamps makes us look good.

Shapechangers

​Do not annoy them.

Wraiths

Not our resource or our problem. .

Changelings

Faeries! Remember their money is always a fraud and they are mainly illusion. Don't waste your time.

Mummies

​If any show up we'll deal with it then.

Hunters

Mostly Working Class and see us as thieves.

Demons

See Vampires but be more thorough.

Comment

I've read this when you posted it awhile ago, and only now just got an account set up. It looks like a lot of fun to run!

Comment

Thank you for responding. Feedback will help.

Comment

​The Ahl-I-Batini

​This city is a lifeboat. But if we are to survive, we must take charge of the boat. You can't save everybody, you must choose. For centuries we warned the others, they refused to listen. They are the dupes of the fallen. There is no room for them in the lifeboat.

This city was built as an expression of unjustified hope and a celebration of a misplaced tolerance. The Wizard has a good heart, but he is, in the end, an Avatar of innocence. He must be killed or driven away after we no longer need him.

We will need allies.

​The Bata'as

Street mages that serve the people. They lack the discipline and ​focus they desperately need. But we can still make use of them.

​We thought they'd be a source of contacts in Western society. As the West no longer exists we find they have little use.

The Hollow Ones

They always get more done than it seems they could. Still, their idealism is a burden.

The Kopa Loei

They have worthy goals as far as they go. But if they and their people survive they'll simply be burdens later on.

The Ngoma

Commendable in so many ways. But they don't serve our vision of Unity and their other uses are obsolete.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

Useful for misdirecting people's attention with their bitter and divisive politics. Useful dupes.

Taftani

These rogues had useful knowledge of the Jinni, otherwise pointless.

The Templar Knights

Easily gulled into being shock troops for us.

Wu-Lung

​As they are narrowly focused on China we can probably use them as allies for a time. But they will have to be eliminated later.
            Last edited by Astromancer; 05-02-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

The Counsel of Traditions

​We created them, they failed us. They assume the recent rescue wins them forgiveness. They proved themselves unworthy and must be removed.

Order of Hermes

We share so much with them. Their vision of a just society would be worthy in another world. But as long as the fallen exist survival is the only value. Their quest for justice is a fatal distraction.

Mercurial Elites, Children of Ether

​Children playing with tinker toys.

Sahajiya. Chakravanti

​Lost in their cycles and dances. Still, we need them to keep the Wraiths away.

The Akashayana

Admirable, but in the way.

Celestial Chorus

​They never understood how deadly the fallen are. Still, they have useful influence with the masses.

Kra'vadi. Verbena

Primitives of little worth.

Comment

The Technocratic Union

Their desperation makes them exploitable. But they must all be eliminated.

Iteration X

Skillful craftsmen lacking in vision. The tools they make might be impressive if we valued such things.

The N. W. O.

Nearly as good as we are in both manipulation and infiltration. Let's be rid of them while they are weak.

The Progenitors

If we valued what they do we might admire them.

The Syndicate

The fools still preach the value of money. Can't they see how worthless it always was? Their only use is to discredit our foes by their foolishness.

Void Engineers

Brave, bold, cunning, and they fight the fallen. We might need to take them over. We'll still need to purge them later, but until then they are useful.
                Last edited by Astromancer; 05-04-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I'll be posting more on this thread soon.

Comment

There are other powers. Most are useless, some could be made slaves.

Vampires

Puppets of the fallen. If any show up, get them to kill the less worthy Mages Then kill the vampire before you can be found out.

Shapechangers

They can't even control themselves. They were spirit beings meant to prevent the fallen ones from even happening. Their failures mean they can only be our dogs.

Wraiths

To stupid to know how to die properly.

Changelings

Delusions at best.

Mummies

Some were useful. None are here.

Hunters

A reaction of the world to the pollution of the fallen ones. Much like a rash or a fever. Useless.

Demons

Incompetent and undisciplined angels. They might be trained to be servants. But not easily.
                    Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

The Bata'as

We were never even civil to the "Nine Traditions" but when everything fell apart and the mad gods started eating people they threw us a lifeline. Now we live in their city and they treat us with respect.

That said this place is so sweetly charming it makes me queasy. There is no poverty. The Man doesn't want to push you around. They want to hear what you have to say. But this whole city is like stew without salt or pepper.

Still, once we get more people here, that will change. And they want us to help them get more people. And they say they didn't get enough of the people we lived among and worked with. Could we bring those people others would leave behind.

I think we can work together.

​The Ahl-I-Batini

They are so very clever. What's worse is they know they are very clever. As noxious as it is I can't tell you how glad I am that these assassins think we're stupid.

I have used drugs to open my mind and more fully commune with the spirits. I can respect these chemists. But I also think they take foolish risks.

The Hollow Ones

It is amazing to me that any group of people that are this annoying can get so much done. There are solid reasons we teamed up with them

The Kopa Loei

Like us they were abused and cheated. Like us they stand up for their own against others. They have a plan and goals. As both their plans and their goals make sense I think we can learn from them.

The Ngoma

These are the heirs of Ancient Africa's high mystics and philosophers. When our ancestors were condemned to the Middle Passage they were contemplating their navels. I have issues with them.

Plus, I lived in America. My mentor was from Haiti. My best friend in my circle was from Brazil. Africa is wonderful, but it isn't everything.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

They occasionally make good points. Rare occasions. These women have substance and they have commitment. Now if they only had manners.

Taftani

They try to be storybook wizards in the real world. They achieve more than you would expect. But when you see the effort they put in for the results they get, it seems so pointless.

The Templar Knights

Preachers with guns and knives. Lots of guns and knives. They are pious. Their piety is real and profound. But they are still insufferable.

Find something dangerous that needs killing and sic them on it. But as nasty as these bullies are, never waste a useful resource.

Wu-Lung

Once these were princes in China. Scholars, aristocrats, advisors to the imperial court. In other words, the Man in China. These racists, and never doubt their racism, see others as expendable. Never forget that.
                      Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

We treated them as Les Idiots, we had reasons. But when they could have left us to die, and the communities we come from and care for, they saved us and work to save everybody.

I still have problems with the Council, but they occasionally do good things.

Order of Hermes

Angry old white men, or so we thought. Who knew the Merlins had ideals that we could respect. I still think they needed better manners. But I see recent events and actions as a partial apology.

Mercurial Elites

I'm still a little leery of people who want to remake the world without knowing anything about it. Still, their A.I.s do the work my parents had to get up at five to do. So I'll be tolerant.

Children of Ether

They're insane. But their tinker toys clean the floors and toilets and deliver groceries. I've had less useful acquaintances.

Sahajiya

These folks seem to show some sense. They are a little too into pleasure. But they ease the pain of the dead. And that helps everybody.

Chakravanti

Morbid as hell, and we hang with the Hollow Ones. Still they know how to party. Like the Sahajiya, they ease the pain of the dead. This is a fine thing.

The Akashayana

Now that we meet, I am impressed. Still it doesn't seem all that relevant to my life.

Celestial Chorus

Their charity is real. They do not degrade you to help you. But I see a narrowness in their vision.

Kra'vadi

They aren't a single tradition. The Council forced a thousand separate paths into one tradition. That the Kra'vadi get anything done amazes me

Verbena

Witches, and yet we seem to have much in common. We must learn more.
                        Last edited by Astromancer; 07-08-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The Technocratic Union

These were the Man for several centuries. "Oh how the mighty have fallen." Too bad I was to busy to grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.

Iteration X

They make tools. They seem a bit over focused on that. They wanted to make everyone a part of the machinery. I prefer they make tools and leave me and mine alone.

The N. W. O.

Basically, villains from a James Bond movie that thought they were the heroes. And saw us as "acceptable losses." They're still trouble.

The Progenitors

Doctors, insane doctors, but doctors. Others are keeping them focused on healing rather than butchering. Be polite, but be careful.

The Syndicate

I guess they never saw that Twilight Zone episode about the two men in the desert with backpacks full of gold but no water. If you can't buy things, money isn't real.

Void Engineers

So Captain Kirk is real. Oh well now's when we need him. These seem to be the most useful and best mannered of their faction. Interesting how that works out.

Their heads were in the clouds when we suffered. So I assume they can still drift aimlessly away. But they are proving to be heroic in this hour of need.
                          Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

There is always more to the world than we know or can know. But here are a few groups we do know about.

Vampires

Back in the day, these were an unavoidable evil. Here they are merely evil. Kill them. If you don't, they'll simply use you as cattle. Even the few decent Vampires, and they were few indeed, are simply useless trouble here. Kill them quickly.

Shapechangers

They are ancient powers with ancient wisdom. Be polite and learn from them.

Wraiths

Fate wears the mask of the Rainbow's Child here and works with the Sahajiya and the Chakravanti to ease their pains. We should see if we can join this vital work. Until then, ask permission to speak to the dead. We don't take stupid risks.

Changelings

Lovely people, and they have more substance and knowledge than most folks know about.

Mummies

We worked with them before. If any show up, we'll do so again.

Hunters

We have met. They're new and must be delt with as individuals.

Demons

They were Angels once. They were fools and got sent to Hell. They have no place here.
                            Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The apocalypse came, the world is gone and so is my record collection. Now we're in the city of Emeralds. I don't think I am the only one who wonders if they took bad drugs.

We were working on universal awakening, the vital first step to universal ascension. Now we can't even find square one to start again.

So, we've been here before. We start over anyway and do what we can for others as well as ourselves.

We'll need allies to do anything. And we'll have to be allies to get allies. So let's see who we can get.

Ahl-I-Batini

They created both the Council of Nine and the Disperate Alliance so they like teams. Problem, they aren't team players, they're team users.

The Bata'as

These are tough survivors, who think we're lightweights. Still we have connections with them and they have insights worth knowing in more than magic.

The Hollow Ones

They get a surprising amount of stuff done. But they are always rebels. Whether the context is good or bad, they must rebel against it. Star Trek's Federation is exactly like the Evil Empire in Star Wars to them. What ever it is they need to pull it down. That's toxic here.

The Kopa Loei

I respect their choices. I think we should help them as we can. I don't think they can help us.

The Ngoma

These guys are deep and decent. Seriously worthwhile. We need to get them as allies.

The Sisters of Hippolyta

These women bully everyone around them. They do have insights, but like the Hollow Ones their attitudes are simply toxic.

Taftani

They have insights that help prevent them from going Marauder. This deeply impresses me. It will take patience to learn from them. But it would be so worth it.

The Templar Knights

We've avoided them in the past. I think we need to do the same here.

Wu-Lung

China has an incredibly rich history and culture. Their alchemical lore alone is vast. That said, these guys are jerks. Still, we've delt with jerks before. We might build some kind of alliance. It would be limited though.
                              Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

They called us traitors and worse. They've scorned us as degenerates and fools. Still they're the best resource out there.

They saved us and they hope to save many more people. So we've got similar goals.

Order of Hermes

The Merlins were always tough. Now they listen too. Not very well, but they listen.

They get alchemists. We should look to make connections.

Mercurial Elites

What they do is an alchemy of symbols and codes. I think we can connect with them.

Children of Ether

The kooks make super toys that not only last all summer but do the washing up. Any group that came create legions of Rosies the Robot Maid to do the drudge work are worth connecting with.

Sahajiya

These folks always had insights we could use. And they listen to us. We should build on that

Chakravanti

Like their allies the Sahajiya, these guys are both worth knowing and have taken us seriously.

The Akashayana

Like the Sahajiya, these guys have useful insights. But they think we're self destructive fools. Let's try cultivating them anyway.

Celestial Chorus

They comfort the sleepers. They do that well.

They look down on us. Let's see if we can connect on the subject of sacramentals.

Kra'vadi

We have common ground on some things. Let's try offering respect and starting a dialogue.

Verbena

We've got a bad history between us. But there is common ground to work on.
                                Last edited by Astromancer; 07-09-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X