Does anyone remember Blood at Dawn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember Blood at Dawn?

It was an adventure in one of the 1st edition books i think, but it has been so long i can't remember for sure.
    Something involving NPCs from Gary, Chicago and some psycho frenchgirl serial diablerist i think...

Does anyone else remember such a thing ever existing or have an idea of where could i find it?

It came with the first edition Storyteller's Screen, and there's a synopsis here. It's not on DriveThruRPG at this time.

The basic idea of having to hide a body to preserve the Masquerade while also wanting to investigate the killing works well, I've had that conflict of interests show up a few times. Never had the body get back up again though...

Craig Oxbrow
    The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Oxbrow View Post
      It came with the first edition Storyteller's Screen, and there's a synopsis here. It's not on DriveThruRPG at this time.

The basic idea of having to hide a body to preserve the Masquerade while also wanting to investigate the killing works well, I've had that conflict of interests show up a few times. Never had the body get back up again though...

Yes, it could be very good or very bad depending on how one makes things turn out - the adventure i remember was pretty trippy (and in retrospect i think the ST got much inspiration from here), tense and engrossing for the group as a whole.

The thing about the spirit and a mage he replaced with the real Allicia, a very angry soul wanting revenge for having her body stolen by the undead creature claiming to be her, what added a bunch of layers of paranoid weirdness to the whole session (was the ghost/spirit lying for the sake of messing with the kindred or was Allicia truly some form of monster in stolen flesh?).
      Last edited by Baaldam; 11-19-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I now have it coming in the mail. I was unaware it existed.

Comment

Originally posted by loomer View Post
          I now have it coming in the mail. I was unaware it existed.
          Lucky you. Does somebody know how to convince White Wolf/Storyteller's Vault/DriveThruRPG to publish this adventure as PDF?

Warrior of the Rainbow
          Saint among the sinners
          Pure among the dirt
          Loser among winners

Comment

Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

Lucky you. Does somebody know how to convince White Wolf/Storyteller's Vault/DriveThruRPG to publish this adventure as PDF?
            Would like to know that too.

Comment

Yes yes yes, thanks to my sis I will have my own copy anytime soon .

Warrior of the Rainbow
              Saint among the sinners
              Pure among the dirt
              Loser among winners

Comment

Yes yes yes, thanks to my sis I will have my own copy anytime soon .
                Lucky you, your sis is aawesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Lucky you, your sis is aawesome.
                  Yup, she is. The best in the world. She also bought me 1st edition of Storyteller's Screen for Mage: the Ascension (the one with Angel of Mercy adventure), another rarity for cWoD.

But, as I wrote earlier, I was wondering why White Wolf/Storyteller's Vault/DriveThruRPG didn't put those adventures in PDF for buy/download for free. And I've got an idea: judging by availability of those items on Ebay maybe they don't have physical copies to scan. So I will write to them and ask it they want me to send them scans so they could put them on their sites.
                  Last edited by Nail Eater; 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                  Saint among the sinners
                  Pure among the dirt
                  Loser among winners

Comment

I've just recieved an answer from DriveThruRPG about making those adventures available. They said that each publisher manages their products so it's White Wolf decision not to sell them. As my mail was passed to DriveThruRPG's publisher Division and they will discuss it with WW I will wait a few days for an answer what to do from now on. If I won't get any answer I will contact WW about it. I will keep you inform.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                    Saint among the sinners
                    Pure among the dirt
                    Loser among winners

Comment

I've just recieved an answer from DriveThruRPG about making those adventures available. They said that each publisher manages their products so it's White Wolf decision not to sell them. As my mail was passed to DriveThruRPG's publisher Division and they will discuss it with WW I will wait a few days for an answer what to do from now on. If I won't get any answer I will contact WW about it. I will keep you inform.
                      Thanks a bunch, most certainly interested in knowing what comes out of this.

Comment

I love the weirdness of Vampire 1st Edition, especially the setting of Chicago (and by extension, Gary and Milwaukee) from that era. And this is something I did not know about.

Now I need to find a copy of the 1E Storyteller's Screen with this module.

Another interesting module from 1E that I used to own is Blood Nativity, set in Cleveland, Ohio. It was one of the few Classic WoD books not published by White Wolf directly, instead being licensed out to Atlas Games. The only other third-party WoD materials from that time frame were the GURPS adaptations of Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage (which were good in their own right as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                          I love the weirdness of Vampire 1st Edition, especially the setting of Chicago (and by extension, Gary and Milwaukee) from that era. And this is something I did not know about.

Now I need to find a copy of the 1E Storyteller's Screen with this module.

Another interesting module from 1E that I used to own is Blood Nativity, set in Cleveland, Ohio. It was one of the few Classic WoD books not published by White Wolf directly, instead being licensed out to Atlas Games. The only other third-party WoD materials from that time frame were the GURPS adaptations of Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage (which were good in their own right as well).
                          Well, good luck in that. 2 advices: if you find one read the item description very careful. There are many Storyteller's Screens 1st Edition, but without booklets. And try to find it as frequent as it's possible. I found mine by searching for Blood by dawn every 2 weeks (average auction time on allegro, kind of ebay in Poland) and finally found it on british ebay. Or you can wait for DriveThru answer.

I like Chicago setting too. Especially with Werewolf (from Under a Blood Red Moon), hunters (from Inquisition supplement) and Mage (from Book of Chantries and possibly Destiny's Price) add ons. But IMHO war between werewolves and Cainites from UaBRM would destroy it tearing the Masquerade apart (I employed Technocracy Damage Control to Clean this mess). But games after the war, when PCs tried to win this domain for themselves was very exciting. As for Blood Nativity it was the standing point for my Chicago campaign. After BN players decided to take their destiny into their own hands and went to Gary searching for a place where they could hehehe live :P.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                          Saint among the sinners
                          Pure among the dirt
                          Loser among winners

Comment

IMHO war between werewolves and Cainites from UaBRM would destroy it tearing the Masquerade apart (I employed Technocracy Damage Control to Clean this mess). But games after the war, when PCs tried to win this domain for themselves was very exciting. As for Blood Nativity it was the standing point for my Chicago campaign. After BN players decided to take their destiny into their own hands and went to Gary searching for a place where they could hehehe live :P.
                            I actually think the Chicago vampires could cover up things like this on their own through manipulation of mortal institutions like news coverage and police as things like gang violence or just flat out coverups of whole incidents with dominate. I find the Sabbat far more problematic to the Masquerade with roving packs of killers, mass embraces, monstrous war ghouls, etc... in random places where safeguards either wouldn't be in place or were eaten by said Sabbat packs of roaming killers not to mention things getting caught on camera in any city it's pretty unavoidable nowadays.

Sabbat fiction has been fun to read and watch evolve but for me much of it left the World of Darkness long ago.

More on topic I remember this adventure as being a stark contrast to the personalities given in the first Gary adventure. Is this the one where the sweet innocent never speaks vampire looking for love does a 180 and is a stripper and the really old Gangrel did a 180 personality wise as well if I remember correctly but I do hope they reprint it so I can reread it for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

I actually think the Chicago vampires could cover up things like this on their own through manipulation of mortal institutions like news coverage and police as things like gang violence or just flat out coverups of whole incidents with dominate. I find the Sabbat far more problematic to the Masquerade with roving packs of killers, mass embraces, monstrous war ghouls, etc... in random places where safeguards either wouldn't be in place or were eaten by said Sabbat packs of roaming killers not to mention things getting caught on camera in any city it's pretty unavoidable nowadays.

Sabbat fiction has been fun to read and watch evolve but for me much of it left the World of Darkness long ago.

More on topic I remember this adventure as being a stark contrast to the personalities given in the first Gary adventure. Is this the one where the sweet innocent never speaks vampire looking for love does a 180 and is a stripper and the really old Gangrel did a 180 personality wise as well if I remember correctly but I do hope they reprint it so I can reread it for fun.
                              Ok, Camarilla could cover the violence but I don't think that they could explain war ghouls, red rain or sick swans flying in the sky. Media blackout doesn't resolve this problem and a few other groups than Technocracy have sientists respected enough to explain those phenomenons. Plus Technocracy have MiBs, so if anyone start to run screaming about monsters (help, there was Vohzd on my backyard) BLINK, problem solved.

As for Blood at dawn I will read it in about a month and I'm dying to do it. As for reprint I hope that you all have the same chance as I have to do it.
                              Last edited by Nail Eater; 05-16-2018, 02:42 AM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                              Saint among the sinners
                              Pure among the dirt
                              Loser among winners

Comment

Working...
                              X