Flick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flick

If you have burning wrath active and you mix it with flick (Potence 8) does that give you the ability to do aggravated damage?

Yes, and its extremely effective

Comment

No, Burning Wrath (Lore of the Clans, p. 49) is specifically channeled through the fists and does not apply to all Brawl attacks (it would not work for kicks, Flick, or other non-fist Brawl attacks).

Comment

But it says on lore of the clans that all brawl based attacks deal aggravated damage and flick is brawl and the damage would be the damage you do as you deal a normal punch my normal punch would be aggravated if u got burning wrath on.

Comment

No, it specifically says 'Any Brawl attacks augmented with this power inflict aggravated damage'. It does not say that all Brawl-based attacks deal aggravated damage. The description of the power specifically says 'this power lets the vampire focus her anger thought her vitae and through her fists'. If it meant it to be applied to all Brawl attacks, it would have said all Brawl attacks.

Now, that being said, there is nothing to prevent Kindred from developing a Celerity 5 and Potence 5 Combination Discipline (with a cost of 30 experience points to learn) that deals aggravated damage with all Brawl attacks, which would include fists, feet, body slam, etc. That higher level Combination Discipline would cover Flick, it is just that Burning Wrath would not cover Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkjmn View Post
            But it says on lore of the clans that all brawl based attacks deal aggravated damage and flick is brawl and the damage would be the damage you do as you deal a normal punch my normal punch would be aggravated if u got burning wrath on.
            So I see no reason for Burning Wrath to be limited to fists. That being said, I'm not sure if that would transfer through Flick since the idea is that the Brujah's body is superheated and with Flick you are very much not actually touching the intended target. I wouldn't allow it to, but I certainly wouldn't fault a ST who decided to rule that way. You are after all talking about a combo Discipline plus an Elder level Discipline.

Comment

Of course, that is the call of the ST, but it seems awfully unfair to the PCs (who are likely going to be the recipients rather than the actors of a level eight power).

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                Of course, that is the call of the ST, but it seems awfully unfair to the PCs (who are likely going to be the recipients rather than the actors of a level eight power).
                I mean, if they also have level eight powers, they probably have plenty of recourse. If not, anyone with level eight powers will probably be quite superior anyway.

Comment

Most PCs tend to be the victims of such powers rather than the users of those powers in my experience. I have run entire chronicles on the promises of elders to elevate the PCs to the 7th generation with the use of rituals similar to From Marduk's Throat.

Comment

Refrence book and the page for that combination discipline you are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mkjmn View Post
                      Refrence book and the page for that combination discipline you are talking about?
                      Burning Wrath from the Brujah section of Lore of the Clans. You spend 1 BP and get Aggravated damage brawl attacks for the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
                        Burning Wrath from the Brujah section of Lore of the Clans. You spend 1 BP and get Aggravated damage brawl attacks for the scene.
                        They've really buffed it. It used to be 1 BP per attack. Guess they finally decided dealing Agg damage isn't that big of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X