Kiasyd and Maeghar differences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Just to clarify, what is it you don't want to houserule? If it's the Discipline spread for the Kiasyd, I can confirm that Kiasyd only have access to Dominate, Mytherceria, and Obtenebration, unless you follow one of the routes laid down in Lore of the Bloodlines that mentions good old Necromancy, as per their first appearance.

I was talking exclusively about the Marconius Kiasyd embrace. The Maeghar can only embrace fae-blooded mortals, otherwise, they turn out as Caitiff. The same apply to Marconius bloodline OR, contrary to the Maeghar, they are a "true" bloodline capable of embrace freely? i.e: normal mortals, passing down the bloodline traits? V20 the Black Hand: a Guide to the Tal'Mare'Ra and V20DA implies NO mechanical differences between Maeghar and Marconius Kiasyd, which lead to the implication that the same limitation DO apply to the second. That said, we should imply that ALL Marconius Kiasyd were fae-blooded mortals before the embrace? Thats when we are forced to houserule (because we don't know) AND, V20 outlook of the Marconius bloodline is now outdated, leaving us only with the two books above. IF this differences do occur, they should be made clear, otherwise, by omission, im forced to consider the general rule, which is, Marconius Kiasyd are only ordinary Maeghar and the differences are nothing more than political differences, not methaphysical/physiological differences. Thats house ruling (by omission, not by choice obviously).

Edit: The Lore of Bloodlines chapter about Kiasyd are exclusively dedicated to Marconius Bloodline or Maeghar as well? If so, the mechanical differences should be expecified if they do exist.
    Last edited by Felipe Moulim; 02-12-2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

It's probably not inappropriate to just pick one bloodline, the Kiasyd or the Maeghar, and say "this is how this type of creature really works at my gaming table." The V20 Tal'mahe'ra book's entry on the Maeghar is the most recent word, but literally everything in that book is meant to be optional.

Personally, I prefer the Tal'mahe'ra version, and would house rule, as Felipe does above, that Kiasyd are just mutant Caitiff who were Fae-blooded in life and who happened to have a Lasombra sire. This model of how Maeghar function appeals to me because it provides a reason for the Kiasyds' canonical rarity.
      Last edited by Reasor; 02-13-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Moulim View Post

I was talking exclusively about the Marconius Kiasyd embrace. The Maeghar can only embrace fae-blooded mortals, otherwise, they turn out as Caitiff. The same apply to Marconius bloodline OR, contrary to the Maeghar, they are a "true" bloodline capable of embrace freely? i.e: normal mortals, passing down the bloodline traits? V20 the Black Hand: a Guide to the Tal'Mare'Ra and V20DA implies NO mechanical differences between Maeghar and Marconius Kiasyd, which lead to the implication that the same limitation DO apply to the second. That said, we should imply that ALL Marconius Kiasyd were fae-blooded mortals before the embrace? Thats when we are forced to houserule (because we don't know) AND, V20 outlook of the Marconius bloodline is now outdated, leaving us only with the two books above. IF this differences do occur, they should be made clear, otherwise, by omission, im forced to consider the general rule, which is, Marconius Kiasyd are only ordinary Maeghar and the differences are nothing more than political differences, not methaphysical/physiological differences. Thats house ruling (by omission, not by choice obviously).

Edit: The Lore of Bloodlines chapter about Kiasyd are exclusively dedicated to Marconius Bloodline or Maeghar as well? If so, the mechanical differences should be expecified if they do exist.
        Kiasyd are able to Embrace regular mortals, and I would hazard a guess that they'd only Embrace changelings for experimental purposes. As far as Marconius' family are concerned, the Maeghar are nothing but mythological mutants.

The Kiasyd chapter is predominantly based on the Kiasyd, though you may identify seeds relating to the Maeghar between the lines.

Matthew Dawkins
        Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

It's nearly released, so I don't think there will be any changes beyond minor errata. I wrote the Kiasyd however, and I'm happy with their presentation in Lore of the Bloodlines.

I can't wait. And the sooner the better. I want to give OPP some money.

Comment

Kiasyd are able to Embrace regular mortals, and I would hazard a guess that they'd only Embrace changelings for experimental purposes. As far as Marconius' family are concerned, the Maeghar are nothing but mythological mutants.

The Kiasyd chapter is predominantly based on the Kiasyd, though you may identify seeds relating to the Maeghar between the lines.

Thank you. This is certainly the best solution.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post

I can't wait. And the sooner the better. I want to give OPP some money.
              Comment on theonyxpath.com Monday Meeting blog that you're hyped for the book!

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Just to clarify, what is it you don't want to houserule? If it's the Discipline spread for the Kiasyd, I can confirm that Kiasyd only have access to Dominate, Mytherceria, and Obtenebration, unless you follow one of the routes laid down in Lore of the Bloodlines that mentions good old Necromancy, as per their first appearance.
                About Mytherceria, did you write any new uses for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                  About Mytherceria, did you write any new uses for it?
                  There's a few combination disciplines in the book.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

I will not rest until we get a Mytherceria + Melpominee + Daimoinon Combination Discipline. You know, for all of the fae-touched mortals who are embraced by infernalist Daughters of Cacophony

Comment

Wowzeeerss

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

I will not rest until we get a Mytherceria + Melpominee + Daimoinon Combination Discipline. You know, for all of the fae-touched mortals who are embraced by infernalist Daughters of Cacophony
                        Sadly the ones I added for the Kiasyd are firmly within their Discipline wheelhouse. For instance, Marconius' Tallwhacker is Dominate ●, Mytherceria ●●●●, Necromancy ●●, Obtenebration ●●●●●●, Potence ●●●●●●●●.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Sadly the ones I added for the Kiasyd are firmly within their Discipline wheelhouse. For instance, Marconius' Tallwhacker is Dominate ●, Mytherceria ●●●●, Necromancy ●●, Obtenebration ●●●●●●, Potence ●●●●●●●●.

If you need to pad space with frustrating fae-themed madness...

Raphael's Promise

Mytherceria 5, Bardo 5, Blood Magic (Any) 5.

Through some trickery, those pesky Kiasyd have slipped free from the curse of Caine. Upon mastering this power, the Kiasyd gains all of the benefits of Golconda.

I expect my paycheck is in the post?

Comment

Honestly the Haunting Path as it is presented in the guide to the Tal Mehara already kinda looks like a mix of Melpomine, Mytherceria & Daimoinon !
                            Last edited by Kendaan; 02-19-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X