No announcement yet.

What happens to dead vampires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, decapitation is instantly fatal for Kindred.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
      No, decapitation is instantly fatal for Kindred.
      Oh, thank you, my new post is now totally unnecessary.

I will keep it up though simply because someone may have some interesting thoughts to share here.

Thanks for your answer by the way!

Comment

I've always had the dead vampire body decompose to the state it would have been in had the person died at the time of their embrace. If that is the same day, then it's a rather fresh looking corpse. If its months or years later, you are getting severe decomposition. If it is a centuries old vampire, probably ashes and dust, But that's from my experience in reading books and watching movies in the vampire genre.

Comment

Back in Revised that method was implied by the question about what happens to amputated limbs in the Storyteller's Handbook (p.18). It doesn't say that anything different happens if it's a head that's lopped off, aside from that causing Final Death—no mention of across-the-board dusting or immolation if the wound proves fatal. I don't recall running across anything about the subject in V20 though.

Comment

Vampires can be thought of as the subject of a form of temporal magic that holds them in a state of continual renewed stasis. When killed, this magic breaks, and brings the vampire immediately up to whatever physical state they should be in. So, a young vampire decapitated leaves a body, and older vampire will leave a rotten corpse, and a very old vampire will simply turn into ash.

Comment

Working...
            X