Lords of the Baali

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lords of the Baali

Just curious, but who do the Baali in your games "worship"? Forces of Hell/Cthulu/Giant Bugs? How big of a role do they play in your games as well?

Guide to the Tal'Mahe'Ra states that the Baali worship Lovecraftian entities known as the Children of the Outer Dark.

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

I've always been particular fond of their history outlined in Clanbook Baali. Basically proto-vampires from before God ordered the world. Though, the Baali (and their unholy masters) rarely play much of a role in the stories I'm in. Probably because they are one of the least sympathetic groups for villains. 'But Moloch!' That's neither here nor there.

Comment

The Baali are target practice in my games. I occasionally throw in a cell to disrupt things, but Kindred have more to fear from Infernal Sorcerers that Baali.

Comment

Depends on the chronicle, location, theme, and narrative thrust. Overall I prefer to think of Baali like the Nephandi -- versatile, diverse, and not too picky as to what Big Evil they pay homage. And likewise, Baali aren't omniscient, they may not necessarily know what they're worshipping, or even know its true identity if in fact it has an alternate identity which is the subject of worship. Or, for that matter, care. Baali are just as likely to worship an infernalist methuselah passing itself off as a demonic prophet or actual demon itself, as they are the actual demon.

Look at it from the methuselah's perspective. You're old as fuck, evil as fuck, have Jyhad-in' to do, and this pack of little fanged gnats show up of their own volition worshipping at your feet, thinking they've found the earthly incarnation of some Big Ancient Evil (just not the one they think they found). Would you be so quick to correct them, or so reluctant to turn down free pawns?

I will say, being vampires and therefore dissociated with the Umbra and Umbral matters, in my games they're vastly less likely to be worshiping an Outer Lord, or even Talon of the Wyrm, than they are demons (which are by nature easier to contact than the earlier two categories), methuselahs, or even Antediluvians.
          Last edited by Theodrim; 02-13-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

As a resident of Montreal, we run into the occasional Bali every blue moon. Also, I'm ashamed to say, many of my clanmates who have erroneously walked down the path of Evil Revelations have some degree of truck with one or two of these disgusting creatures.

All in all theyre very, very rare, but when one does show up he ( and you'll excuse the pun) brings hell with him.

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

Personally? I always liked that the Children were the Earthbound. It fits pretty well as the Earthbound are very lovecraft.

Comment

I like the Idea the Baali worship various things, like Earthbound, Neverborn Dreams/Maeljin.

I'm always a sucker for Wyrmishthings.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I have always imagined that the Children are Neverborn who lay trapped in the real world. The light is anathema to to them and they cannot return to the Underworld, so they slumber fitfully in this one dreaming of the day the Shroud collapses and their brethren in the Underworld can enter this one and together they can return all to its original zero. They were what existed before the universe's big bag. Back before God said, "Let there be Light" the Neverborn existed and when God separated the Light from the Darkness, the Neverborn were the things that dwelt within that darkness.

The Baali performed their rites to keep the Children asleep. They knew that if the Children were too wake up they'd destroy the world and they didn't want that to happen. Of course, due to the Baali Wars and various purges, by the modern era only a comparatively small handful of the Baali understand what their clan used to do and why. So the vast majority don't understand the difference between the Children the Earthbound, Wyrm spirits, the Yama Kings or any manner of other unwholesome beings. This means you have a lot of Baali who start worshiping demons or Wyrm spirits and help those creatures gain a foothold on Earth because, "That's what we're supposed to do,"

But those Baali are just misguided and if the old Baali were still around, they would just shake their heads at the morons who are doing absolutely everything completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                    Good stuff.
                    This is one of the more creative and interesting approaches to the Ba'ali I've seen. Very cool. How do you work Daimonion in to it?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                      But those Baali are just misguided and if the old Baali were still around, they would just shake their heads at the morons who are doing absolutely everything completely wrong.
                      Some very interesting ideas here. I imagine that whatever the original Baali's intent, the resultant spiritual pollution caused by the Children would naturally drive people insane over time so that they became the Baali we know today.

Comment

Working...
                      X