[V20][Dark Ages] Other Koldunic Arts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V20][Dark Ages] Other Koldunic Arts?

We have three based on Kupala (Bialowierza, Transylvania and Black Sea), but what about the other Tzimisce that aren't in Eastern Europe? Any ideas how it would look?

- Demdemeh (4th), whose Childe is a witch with Koldunic Arts (gets killed later by Laibon). Some African Koldunic art.
    - Kartarirya (4th), who is a force her(it)self in India, so I think another Koldunic Art would be in order.

I'm asking because I'm going to start a chronicle in Ancient Rome and player wants to play a Tzimisce, so I offered an African Tzimisce, childe of Sycorax. I would need to have the powers ready.

Tome of secrets offer alot of new rules, rituals and two new kranias.

Comment

I think Tome of Secrets only gives one new Kraina, but I could be misremembering. The only one that comes to mind is an essentially Eastern European forest one, though it could probably be easily done with any forested area as the basis. But the book does add a lot of rituals, though they are more spirit based than location based, from what I saw. Guide to the Black Hand added Enoch and Well Kraina, but both are rather distinct to said location.

All that said, there aren't any clear non-Underworld of Eastern European Kraina. My suggestion would be to either adjust what's out there to the location, try to use a hodgepodge of the powers, or even add in certain Way ideas to what might be appropriate for that region. Otherwise you'll just have to homebrew it all for a new one.

Comment

About the African one. I was thinking something in lines of:

1 - Dehydrating people on touch (vampires just lose blood), for each two points you get one blood point
        2 - Creating a Fata Morgana (a mirage)
        3 - Since vampire is a night creature and Sahara is very, very cold at night, why not a cold, dry wind?
        4 - Something that Way of Wind has (riding the wind, but in sand form) but with additional usage - changing into sand as Protean, so you can sleep in the sand.
        5 - ? I don't know here. Maybe since in cWoD Sahara wasn't always a desert, with 5 dot you can create deserts for a time or reverse destroyed land for a time - giving life to a region.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoclivekiller View Post
          About the African one. I was thinking something in lines of:

1 - Dehydrating people on touch (vampires just lose blood), for each two points you get one blood point
          2 - Creating a Fata Morgana (a mirage)
          3 - Since vampire is a night creature and Sahara is very, very cold at night, why not a cold, dry wind?
          4 - Something that Way of Wind has (riding the wind, but in sand form) but with additional usage - changing into sand as Protean, so you can sleep in the sand.
          5 - ? I don't know here. Maybe since in cWoD Sahara wasn't always a desert, with 5 dot you can create deserts for a time or reverse destroyed land for a time - giving life to a region.
          Kraina are about Ruling Over The Land. Kraina literally means land. So, making one is simple.

1: Seer of the Sands. See over long distances, from an aerial view. Double Distance if you're in a desert. Use the rules for the existing Kraina that does this.
          2: Castle Beneath the Golden Wave. Can sink into the sand (specifically sand), and while there the Koldun can slowly craft a haven using her strength (this is done in a matter of days, not turns). The Structure made will always be structurally sound, short of a deliberate effort to breach it. Any "walls" to this haven will be treated like sandstone.
          3: Scorch. Roll, and for every success the target loses one point of blood, requires touch and the target must then roll for Rotschrek.
          4: The Desert Wind. Take the form of wind and move at speed; use the Way of Wind rules, but does double distance in the desert.
          5: [Desert God/Goddess]'s Rage. Summon up a horrific and potent storm, which is of similar power to those created by other Ways/Kraina. Is more potent in desert areas.

Comment

Sounds wonderful! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X