Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schwann145 View Post
    So a few more questions!

​I'm in the process of actually putting my ghoul (a German shepherd) onto paper and I'm running into some unexplained blocks:
    ​•Ghouled animals gain Willpower, but animal stats are listed with a Willpower value already. Do they gain extra Willpower on top of what's listed, or something else?
    ​•Animals are not listed with Social Attributes, but it doesn't explain why. It's easy to imagine why a dog wouldn't have Manipulation, but Appearance, or even arguably Charisma? Are Social Attributes simply ignored for animals entirely?
    ​•I assume Humanity is just totally ignored, yeah?
    ​•What of Virtues? Are there rules for how an animal would stat Virtues?

Thanks!
    -In the Beastiary section it says 'trained animals can also gain willpower.' So I assume the line indicates that ghouling them has the same effect and that they cannot typically regain willpower in the same way as characters. Or maybe untrained animals don't use the stat? Really unclear without checking other books/areas.
    -Yes. "Despite their often lonely fates, Kindred use human society like building blocks to advance their schemes. Social Attributes delineate a character’s appearance, charm, and ability to interact with society. " Don't really see how an animal could develop those. You can teach them certain abilities, but I don't think they could truly (by the system) obtain social attributes.
    -Yeah.
    -Same. Virtues are aspects of the morality system. "The Virtue Traits define a character’s outlook on unlife — they shape a character’s ethical code and describe his commitment to his chosen morality. Virtues exist to help give a character a sense of being, not to force players to portray their characters in a given way." An animal isn't really going to share much of an ethical code/commitment to mortality/life outlook.

Comment

How would Willpower be determined without Virtue values though? (I don't have access to 'Ghouls and Revenants' unfortunately. )

Comment

Originally posted by Schwann145 View Post
        How would Willpower be determined without Virtue values though? (I don't have access to 'Ghouls and Revenants' unfortunately. )
        The specific entries have a Willpower pool listed. I would just use the five listed for Large Dog - German Shepherd in V20 core.

Comment

Working...
        X