What happens at dawn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens at dawn?

Seems like a silly question, I know, but looking all through the V20 book I can't find anything discussing it.
    ​Clearly you're made to sleep during the day, and there are rules about how to awaken when threatened, but either I'm blind or they forgot to describe the initial "going to sleep" part.

​Are you forced into a slumber at a specific time, such as immediately at sun up? Do you become increasingly sluggish until forced into a sleep? You can stay awake all day if you keep rolling well with Humanity? Something else?

You could use the mechanics of the Bardo power "Bring Forth the Dawn".

Comment

I remember a rule ... something Along the Lines of "3 or 5 ... or more successes on either humanity or willpower diff (??) to stay awake at daytime"

Albeit we Never made use of that rule but one player wanted his Vampire to stay awake and learn like all those NPC tremeres do in the Official Books

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by gingerhead View Post
        I remember a rule ... something Along the Lines of "3 or 5 ... or more successes on either humanity or willpower diff (??) to stay awake at daytime"

Albeit we Never made use of that rule but one player wanted his Vampire to stay awake and learn like all those NPC tremeres do in the Official Books

Meh
        It's 5 successes at dif 8 on Road roll.

Comment

Yeah, it's 1 action per success or "the entire scene" at 5+ successes.
          I imagine an entire day is made up of dozens of "scenes" though.

Comment

Wow... NPCs are cheating if it comes to that rule then

Aside from that I don't know any rules for the "going to sleep Part". I just Tell the Ones with lowest Road/Path Rating they Feel sleepy and they soon Scramble for their Safe haven ... those with higher Rating can stay awake Longer but they also seek sleep Soon After

Comment

Yeah well, it's probably harder to find a published Tremere character that doesn't have something like 20 more path dots than their age would warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                Yeah well, it's probably harder to find a published Tremere character that doesn't have something like 20 more path dots than their age would warrant.
                That's not limited to Tremere. WoD writers have absolutely no self-restraint when making NPCs. El Diablo Verde is a Revised edition 13th gen Nosferatu wrestler who was embraced in 1993. This puts him at being about six years old in Revised (1999). El Diablo has 18 dots of disciplines, huge stats, Willpower 10 and a bunch of backgrounds. And this is a guy who explicitly does nothing but professional wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                  That's not limited to Tremere. WoD writers have absolutely no self-restraint when making NPCs. El Diablo Verde is a Revised edition 13th gen Nosferatu wrestler who was embraced in 1993. This puts him at being about six years old in Revised (1999). El Diablo has 18 dots of disciplines, huge stats, Willpower 10 and a bunch of backgrounds. And this is a guy who explicitly does nothing but professional wrestling.
                  While I agree with your point, El Diablo was always an inside joke. He's even got his own little sidebar with the words "Arriba la raza! Forgive us, we had to".

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Fiori View Post

While I agree with your point, El Diablo was always an inside joke. He's even got his own little sidebar with the words "Arriba la raza! Forgive us, we had to".
                    While I will point to EWW being the precise moment where White Wolf jumped the shark, that doesn't change anything. It's just a continuation of the trend of NPCs having batshit insane stats and loads and loads of powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                      While I will point to EWW being the precise moment where White Wolf jumped the shark, that doesn't change anything. It's just a continuation of the trend of NPCs having batshit insane stats and loads and loads of powers.
                      Then at the other end of the spectrum you have Augustus Giovanni, the Master Necromancer and Giovanni Antedeluvian with... mastery of one Path. Ooh, and Lure of Flames 2. Truly terrifying.

Comment

You are referring to Giovanni stats in Last Supper, which is settled just before the diablerie of Cappadocius.
                        In fact in the sheet he is reported as a 4th gen, and while he had just some 400 years on his back he had something like 45 discipline dots and insane stats.
                        And he was just a 400 years old 4th generation vampire.

Augustus Giovanni[1]
                        Sire: Cappadocius
                        Generation: 4th
                        Embrace: 1005
                        Apparent Age: ~60
                        Physical: Strength 6, Dexterity 5, Stamina 6
                        Social: Charisma 5, Manipulation 7, Appearance 4
                        Mental: Perception 6, Intelligence 8, Wits 6
                        Talents: Alertness 4, Brawl 4, Dodge 3, Intimidation 7, Leadership 8, Streetwise 4, Subterfuge 6
                        Skills: Etiquette 8, Melee 4, Performance (Music) 2, Ride 4, Security 2, Stealth 3
                        Knowledges: Law 6, Linguistics 5, Occult 9, Politics 6
                        Disciplines: Auspex 5, Celerity 3, Dominate 6, Fortitude 3, Necromancy 9, Obfuscate 3, Potence 6, Presence 5, Thaumaturgy 3
                        Thaumaturgical Paths: Movement of the Mind 3, Path of Blood 3, Lure of Flames 2
                        Necromantic Paths: Sepulchre Path 5
                        Backgrounds: Allies 6, Contacts 7, Elder Status 5, Herd 8, Influence 7, Military Force 6, Resources 8, Retainers 9
                        Virtues: Conscience 1, Self-Control 5, Courage 4
                        Morality: Humanity 2
                        Willpower: 10

Comment

Working...
                        X