Inventive Memento De Muertes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventive Memento De Muertes

The Giovanni (and other Necromancers) have a background for items steeped in the energies of death. This ranges from 1 (a shiv used to stab a prisoner to death) to 5 (the femur, blade or armour of one of the greatest tyrants to ever live, a manifesto from a death camp, an ancient copy of the Book of the Dead). Each dot in the background grants you +1 die to Necromancy rolls while you are in contact with the object (making it quite a potent background, take for example a Cappadocian in Dark Ages who has a necklace which is level 5 in this background, and all of her powerful Mortus Path powers are now much more likely to be effective).

Recently my Giovanni PC attended a dinner party run by a Toreador PC, who bemoaned his Sire dying due to their Ghoul failing to securely draw the curtains... long story short, I stole the curtain since I guessed it would be a Memento De Muerte (being a key factor in a powerful Vampire's tragic death), and wouldn't you know I was right. The ST said that it was "probably a level 2". I'm planning on turning the curtains into a stylish cape.

This got me thinking; it would be nice to compile a list of interesting Memento De Muertes (Mementos Des Muertes?).

- The gavel of a historic judge who sentenced 100s of (largely innocent) men to die at the gallows (Level 4)
    - Links from the chains of one of the old transatlantic slave ships (Level 4)
    - That Katana every Brujah PC carries (Level 1)
    - A coat made from the pelts of Lupines (Level 5, since Lupines are Even More Alive Than Humans)
    - A ring made from the recast iron of an Iron Maiden used to torture people in the Dark Ages (Level 2)

I'd be happy to see any more ideas.

Just a thought, but you could probably convert any CoD Geist memento mori (or memorabilia) item into a memento de muertes.

And now I want nothing more than Sin-Eaters and Giovannis continually trying to steal each others' mementos...

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
      A ring made from the recast iron of an Iron Maiden used to torture people in the Dark Ages (Level 2)

Comment

In which book can I find this background? I am going through most and can't find anything like that. Help please!

Comment

Lore of the clans in the Giovanni part

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
            In which book can I find this background? I am going through most and can't find anything like that. Help please!
            The Giovanni section of Lore of the Clans.

Comment

Working...
            X