Ideas for depicting a mediaeval vampiric court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for depicting a mediaeval vampiric court

In our next session, the characters will be invited to the court of a local Italian prince, they will be accepted into the city for services rendered and given the right to reside and feed within the city. I have fleshed out over 20 NPC's who inhabit the court and will be considering adding more to the city itself.

What kind of sights and activities should fill the court of a mediaeval prince? What should the players encounter?

I have all kinds of ideas but I want to hear what other people have to say, I'm open to suggestions.

Of course I want to highlight some of the political conflict in the city and the discord between various clans but aside from that I don't have much.

The courts in the DA weren't so much a groups of vampires from different clans bickering. The most prolific differences were the Roads. The Roads are themselves like small sects (or Covenants from Requiem iirc). If the Prince is say, a Lasombra on the Road of Heaven, the court will be very different than if a Ventrue on the Road of Kings sat on the throne. Roads are not a private thing among the members of the Court. Everyone knows what road you are on and that determines your place rather than your blood. Ofc, Clan matters, but the Cainites will judge you on Road first, Clan second, personal opinion of others last.

That is at least my interpretation of the DA setting.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
      The courts in the DA weren't so much a groups of vampires from different clans bickering. The most prolific differences were the Roads. The Roads are themselves like small sects (or Covenants from Requiem iirc). If the Prince is say, a Lasombra on the Road of Heaven, the court will be very different than if a Ventrue on the Road of Kings sat on the throne. Roads are not a private thing among the members of the Court. Everyone knows what road you are on and that determines your place rather than your blood. Ofc, Clan matters, but the Cainites will judge you on Road first, Clan second, personal opinion of others last.

That is at least my interpretation of the DA setting.
      Interesting, I understand that roads hold quite a bit of importance in the dark ages setting but I didn't think they were that important

Comment

I'd imagine an Italian DA Prince having some Roman Era artifacts displayed. Maybe give him an interesting ghoul pet as well. Have one of his Cainite underlings displayed in a humiliating and torturous manner. A form of punishment meant to warn others.

Comment

Working...
        X