Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for healing humans?

Hello!

I've been looking for rules about the healing capabilities of vampire vitae.

Can a vampire heal a human with his vitae? If so, where can I find the rules about it?

Thanks!

Look up the rules on Ghouls

Comment

Yeah, the simplest way is for a Vampire to feed their Vitae to a human, and allow them to heal with the vitae. If the human is near death this might require 6 points of Vitae.

There are other ways of course. First Aid could stabilise a person who was near death (Wits + Medicine), while painkillers, bandages etc. could also help. There are mystical methods as well, such as the Way of Earth, which can heal damage in mortals and Vampires (but its exceptionally rare).

Comment

Well uhhh Obeah/Valeren also does the trick rather nicely, with the side benefit of also being a great option for healing the mind and soul.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

The Embrace is also a sure-fire way to heal mortals. May come with side effects.

Comment

Feeding a point of vitae to someone makes them into a ghoul, and ghouls can spend one blood point to heal one level of lethal or bashing damage. If all the blood is spent the ghoul reverts to human. This makes using vampire blood to heal humans a simple process of feeding them the blood, and then walking them through the process channelling the vitae into their injuries. If they're unconscious then their body tends to do this on its own. Ghouls can also regenerate lost body parts. It costs a Willpower point, a variable number of blood points (1 for fingers or eyes, two for hands feet and forelimbs, three for entire limbs), and a Difficulty 8 Stamina roll. Success regrows the limb, failure does nothing and wastes the spent blood, and botch makes it impossible to ever regrow the limb.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I've been working on a Tremere concept with 5 retainers and was thinking of making him some kind of healer. Not sure if I'm still gonna go with it, but the rules seem a lot clearer now!

Thanks again!

Comment

Retainer is always an odd background. You pay for a loyal servant who may or may not be blood bound or may or may not be your ghoul. I tend to divide it into four Backgrounds. Ghouls, normal Ghouls who work for you in exchange for your blood. Puppets, extremely compotent mortals whose loyalty is enforced by the blood bond. Retainers, extremely competent and reasonably loyal mortals who work for you without being blood bound or ghouls. Revenants, normal Revenants who loyally work for you without being blood bound or ghouls.

I also allow characters to buy animals at a lower cost than humans. Each human is worth twenty very small animals (guinea bigs), ten small animals (cats), five medium animals (dogs), two large animals (horses), or one very large animal (elephants). While animals are useful, I find that they are rarely as useful as humans in most situations.

Comment

There are other options Bio Thamatugy can be used to heal as well as carry out freakish experiments. Viscistuide can be used to rebuild damaged structures but not restore health levels. there are odd powers of some bloodline disciplines that can be used to heal, but they are really hard to find and those bloodlines consider them "Trade Secrets".

there are many ways to do it but they far flung and closely guarded.

Comment

It is hardly necessary for Kindred to learn any Disciplines to heal mortals because they can do so rather efficiently with their blood. They can simply drain a cow, process the blood, and heal a mortal of up to five lethal health levels. And the mortal can eat steak and hamburger for weeks afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                      It is hardly necessary for Kindred to learn any Disciplines to heal mortals because they can do so rather efficiently with their blood. They can simply drain a cow, process the blood, and heal a mortal of up to five lethal health levels. And the mortal can eat steak and hamburger for weeks afterwards.
                      Some are allergic to Vitae. Some Vampires can't create Ghouls. Some Vampires have blood that comes with side effects, such as insanity and open sores on the skin and aversion to light.

Comment

Other than creatures with Gnosis, I have never heard of anything else having an allergy to Vitae. Kindred who cannot create Ghouls are probably having such a hard time existing that they are not going to be healing anyone. And side effects from Vitae only come from prolonged exposure.

It is not like you are going to be having Kindred doctors running around. Vitae (and Willpower) is too precious for Kindred to go around healing random mortals and, quite frankly, mortals are much too plentiful for Kindred to waste time on saving them. Even Ghouls have questionable utility if they become too injured, though most Kindred are willing to heal even the most severely injured Ghouls because they expect decades or centuries of service.

Comment

Yeah, there's a distinct gap between can and would here.

Comment

Working...
                          X