No announcement yet.

Just for fun; Weeaboo Ninja Gangrel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are not limiting the characters when you require Humanity 9+ because True Faith is a supernatural Merit that characters may choose only with permission from the ST. In V20, STs have complete freedom to arbitrate morality (it specifically says so in V20 Core) and, since True Faith is dependent on Humanity, STs have complete freedom to arbitrate True Faith. In cWoD, there is a difference between belief, which everyone possesses to a lesser or greater degree, and faith, which is a rare supernatural quality that produces minor miracles, and STs should differentiate between the two when they allow PCs to have True Faith (belief moves people, faith moves mountains).

In my own games, I require PCs that have True Faith to justify their actions in light of their faith. For example, among the players that I have had who have played Christians with True Faith, I have often had to ask 'what would Jesus do?' when they attempt anything morally questionable and, if I found their answer unsatisfactory, I referred them to the Gospels for inspiration. In any belief system, there are usually texts which serve as the central interpretation of the religion, though it is surprising how few players actually bother to critically read the texts before they decide to play a character with True Faith. And, as the ST, I take my role as the arbiter of the difference between belief and faith very seriously because it matters in cWoD.

Comment

Extensive wrangling over the means and method of True Faith and it's place in the setting seems a little serious for the kind of lighthearted and non-serious games that you'd expect an actual literal katana-weilding vampire ninja concept to get traction in.

Originally posted by Telgar View Post

Hey remember that time those happened in my game?
      I'm not creative enough to come up with enough suitably wacky concepts on my own

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

I am personally prone to not allowing True Faith at all on supernatural beings and instead letting them develop powers that are appropriate to their faith and their nature(Like religious blood magic) but that's a personal issue. Here's what Tome of Secrets actually says.

Does it make for a compelling story?

• Does the character believe in something bigger than
        herself? (Though believing herself to be a part of this
        still counts.)

• Is the character’s faith tested? (True Faith never comes
        easy, or cheap.)

Does her faith stand against the forces of darkness?
        How is Faith in the Beast tested? How does it stand against the Forces of Darkness?

As for True faith on humanity 1 shit heads, as I said I'm more prone to giving true Faith to mortals than superrnaturals and I generally don't like Paths even Humanity on Mortals. Why? Because I see paths as constructs of the Kindred Condition to deal with the Beast than some innate quality. This being the Case if a player wished to play a Vampire with True Faith in my Games I'd be prone to requiring them to have a High level of Path(Not necisarily humanity) to represent their characters devotion to a moral code. Even my mortals will have an internal code of honor a sense of things that are right and wrong. They may not be things I personally agree with, but it won't be "I can burn anyone in the name of Jesus because Jesus"

Comment

Does it make for a compelling story?

• Does the character believe in something bigger than
          herself? (Though believing herself to be a part of this
          still counts.)

• Is the character’s faith tested? (True Faith never comes
          easy, or cheap.)

Does her faith stand against the forces of darkness?

- Yes, it could make for a compelling story.

- The Beast as a unifying concept works for this.

- This faith can be tested in a variety of ways. Frenzying leading to destruction of things he cares about, his foes using frenzy to their advantage, people deriding his beliefs, him struggling to stay on good terms with his beast.

- The forces of darkness? You mean the evil conspiracy that controls the Camarilla and some parts of the Sabbat and seeks to destroy him because he KNOWS TOO MUCH?!

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
            [
            - This faith can be tested in a variety of ways. Frenzying leading to destruction of things he cares about, his foes using frenzy to their advantage, people deriding his beliefs, him struggling to stay on good terms with his beast.
            This slips back into my "how does he not fall into Wassail". How do you stay on "Good terms" with your Beast and be on a path? Are other people On "good terms' with their beast? Does he have a requirement to break people who aren't? I understand this is a fairly trenchcoat and katanas game but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this Faith vs say a "Faith in Ninjitsu"

[quote[- The forces of darkness? You mean the evil conspiracy that controls the Camarilla and some parts of the Sabbat and seeks to destroy him because he KNOWS TOO MUCH?![/QUOTE]

What?

Lets look at TOS True Faith Set.

Ra is a divine Tyrant while Set is the sacred liberator. It drives the Follower Of Set to fight against institutions. It also has litteral Ra stuff to fight. So what does the Beast fight(except paths) and at that point how does one justify their existence?

Comment

Working...
            X