No announcement yet.

Issue: Nameless flaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another possibility is someone with the Obfuscate power "Erase God's Creation" (I think that's the name). It makes everyone forget a person. It effectively Obfuscates their identity from the public consciousness.

The reason? A Malkavian or Nosferatu Elder did it because the PC unearthed some dirt on them, and their Road wouldn't allow them to kill them.

As a plot hook, a Malkavian claims that they know the player's old identity, and they'll give him bits of info (with proof) in exchange for favours.

Comment

General lurker here, but I swear there was a dark thaum path that at dot 4/5 allowed you to erase someone's existence in a very similar manner. I'm not at home but hopefully someone can dig it up wherever it was. This flaw almost seems like being the target of that power.

Edit: Found it on the wiki, Path of the Unspoken 5th dot. It's in sins of the blood if you have that on you.
      Last edited by Epicgodofchaos; 03-17-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epicgodofchaos View Post
        General lurker here, but I swear there was a dark thaum path that at dot 4/5 allowed you to erase someone's existence in a very similar manner. I'm not at home but hopefully someone can dig it up wherever it was. This flaw almost seems like being the target of that power.

it's a tad late for me to cancel this flaw as we already had one session. I think I will go with this solution. Make his sire run into trouble with Tremere and my pc as his progeny got hit as well. I won't give him those 5 points for nothing, have no fear. ;-) Thanks guys

Comment

You're human, which is no secret to your players. Just 'fess up and bring them into the process.

As an ST, don't be afraid to just pull the player aside and say, "Hey, I'm sorry, but I didn't read the flaw carefully enough when you took it. I have no idea what this thing is! Would you mind taking a different flaw, or maybe work with me to figure out how to run Nameless in this chronicle?"

For all you know, the player may have thought he was buying a really debilitating flaw, like an Always On Obfuscate or Arcane. This might sound strategically awesome, but if every person the PC meets is always a complete stranger, even people he's known for centuries... well, cursed with awesome, indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X