Onyx Path's Gehenna.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onyx Path's Gehenna.

Hey guys. I was wondering about something. So,Before the new White Wolf decided to ask OPP to stop doing the 5th edition of Masquerade,The OPP edition was still under construction , Right?
    One thing that really stuck with me was that It was reveleade a advance in the metaplot, That Gehenna did happen and althought it didn't end Vampires lives. It changed them. But we would only knew once the edtion was out.
    I was wondering,since the OPP edition isn't happening anymore,can someone tell me what you guys were planning,what Onyx Path version of gehenna ws going to be? I'm always a fan of the Metaplot

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    I was wondering,since the OPP edition isn't happening anymore,can someone tell me what you guys were planning,what Onyx Path version of gehenna ws going to be? I'm always a fan of the Metaplot
    Probably not because of a number of reasons. 1. There's a decent chance OPP developers will be working on Vampire 5th Edition. 2. You never know when they might save some of the ideas might be for future books and stuff down the line.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Probably not because of a number of reasons. 1. There's a decent chance OPP developers will be working on Vampire 5th Edition. 2. You never know when they might save some of the ideas might be for future books and stuff down the line.
      I suspected that, but thought that I chould ask just to b sure

Comment

TBH, and not to act as if fans of Gehenna are bad or anything, but I was never a fan of the concept tbh.

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
        https://soundcloud.com/twin-cities-by-night
        If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherZacher View Post
          TBH, and not to act as if fans of Gehenna are bad or anything, but I was never a fan of the concept tbh.
          Yeah,it's one of things only so many people like

Comment

I'm pretty sure we can still glean they were intending from the Beckett's Jyhad Diary drafts that were posted during the Kickstarter. In that book, it talks about Gehenna being cyclical and preventable at great sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stannis View Post
              I'm pretty sure we can still glean they were intending from the Beckett's Jyhad Diary drafts that were posted during the Kickstarter. In that book, it talks about Gehenna being cyclical and preventable at great sacrifice.
              I didn't notice it,damnh

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

I really hope neither is true. I'm not a huge fan of the ideas Onyx Path was putting out after they announced a new edition, so I was hoping Paradox might give White Wolf a new development team. Cyclical Gehenna sounds great. Fucking with the way vampires are fundamentally would be a mistake. We already have Requiem for that and it does a fine job.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelWithoutAClan View Post

I really hope neither is true. I'm not a huge fan of the ideas Onyx Path was putting out after they announced a new edition, so I was hoping Paradox might give White Wolf a new development team. Cyclical Gehenna sounds great. Fucking with the way vampires are fundamentally would be a mistake. We already have Requiem for that and it does a fine job.
                  Well, since a cyclical Gehenna was one of the things that Eddy and I were working on, and "fucking with the way vampires are fundamentally" was not our intention, I'm kind of wondering what it was of the extremely limited info we put out that bothered you.

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post

Well, since a cyclical Gehenna was one of the things that Eddy and I were working on, and "fucking with the way vampires are fundamentally" was not our intention, I'm kind of wondering what it was of the extremely limited info we put out that bothered you.
                    If I remember rightly there were hints at blood being changed so that it's more "searching for a specific type of blood". I did a post on one of the threads on it which got 5 likes or something, laying out a worst case scenario where it's a gotta-drink-em-all scenario and Meaningful Human Interaction is bound into the mechanics by the rules rather than the fluff, themes and personality of the work.

People are worried, but I'm still hopeful that things will work out. However out of the little info you published, there were some worrying concepts mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

If I remember rightly there were hints at blood being changed so that it's more "searching for a specific type of blood". I did a post on one of the threads on it which got 5 likes or something, laying out a worst case scenario where it's a gotta-drink-em-all scenario and Meaningful Human Interaction is bound into the mechanics by the rules rather than the fluff, themes and personality of the work.

People are worried, but I'm still hopeful that things will work out. However out of the little info you published, there were some worrying concepts mixed in.

All of those were Post nuWW stuff not the Onyx path 4e.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

Are you sure that blood thing was from one of Eddy's three Open Dev posts, or my one "announcement" post for V4 and not from the new White Wolf Publishing's V5 info? I'm sure folks could have found something in Eddy's comments on those blogs or elsewhere to react to, but I'm curious as to whether ya'll are reacting to what we actually talked about, or one of the eleventy-billion extrapolations and rumors that arose after our announcement.

Comment

I thought that "you are what you eat" blood thing came out of some rumor on reddit that was from the grand masquerade and should be taken with enough salt to melt a glacier.

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post

Are you sure that blood thing was from one of Eddy's three Open Dev posts, or my one "announcement" post for V4 and not from the new White Wolf Publishing's V5 info? I'm sure folks could have found something in Eddy's comments on those blogs or elsewhere to react to, but I'm curious as to whether ya'll are reacting to what we actually talked about, or one of the eleventy-billion extrapolations and rumors that arose after our announcement.
                            I remember eddy saying "I’ve pulled on many of these sources to construct a Gehenna scenario that I feel strikes a balance between fidelity to the original lore and my design needs for a new edition"
                            I was wondering which that scenario was going to be before white wolf own scenario arose?
                            Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 03-27-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Ok, so shoot me for not being up to speed on everything... but am I reading there are no more V20 books planned because of White Wolf doing a new VTM? Can someone point me to where I can get up to speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X