Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which clans are Common/Uncommon in the Anarch community?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
    I would say, unless they are embraced by some very prominent members of the Movement, most Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue would have an extremely difficult time being accepted. They just don't have a lot to bring to the table compared to the extremely high probability that they are spies or monkey wrenches. It's probably less any sort of "Clanism" as it is that there have just been way, way too many terrible experiences in the past, and that those Clan's strengths simply do not really play well into the Movement's overall goals.
    I think you're vastly underestimating the number of (potential) Toreador among Anarchs. Bear in mind, the Toreador are equal to, if not arguably surpassing, Brujah iconoclasts in terms of being prone to spontaneous and impulse Embraces. And, given the wily and tempestuous nature of Toreador clan culture, heads and shoulders above any other clan in terms of outcasts, castaways, abandoned and neglected childer, and social pariahs. That's the entire basis of the artiste/poseur split within the clan, after all, and it gives ncredible leeway for very disillusioned and angry childer to whom the Anarchs would be an appealing alternative than suffering within the Camarilla.

Acceptance, on the other hand, is a stickier wicket. But, it's not because the Toreador are a pillar of the Camarilla; it's because of Toreador clan culture itself, which simply makes them ideal Harpies, Keepers of Elysium, owners of Racks, and the like as a matter of consequence. Anarchs Unbound makes the point most Toreador Anarchs, come to the Anarchs with as big a chip on their shoulder due to their own experiences with sect, but more importantly in my reckoning clan, as any Brujah, and if they can hack the harsh and brutal lifestyle and culture of the Anarchs, tend to be Vampires You Don't Wanna Fuck With. Especially when you figure somebody's gotta keep the books, make sure the racks stay open, and deal with mortals.

Comment

Working...
    X