Lore of the Bloodlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Deleted
    Last edited by KRB; 03-20-2017, 03:10 PM. Reason: Did not see the post from http://forum.theonyxpath.com/member/152-the-gentleman-gamer

Comment

• I wouldnt think it would be much different than any other VtM game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenjCano View Post

You're right about Velya. I had a brain fart and was thinking of Triglev. Is Dracon anti Koldunism, though?
        I think so. I'm sure I read somewhere about Children of the Dracon regarding Koldunism as infernalism, in a way that implied the attitude came from the top down. I know the Dracon itself definitely has a grudge against the Carpathian elders who are the art's foremost practitioners.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Thank you very much! You'll get a little more Lazarene and Weirdling fun in Beckett's Jyhad Diary. Of bloodlines that appear, I believe we have:

Harbingers of Skulls
          Kiasyd
          Gargoyle
          Daughters of Cacophony
          True Brujah
          Blood Brother
          Salubri (not a real Clan, after all)
          Samedi
          Baali
          Laibon (of varying origins)

And I'm pretty confident we reference at least one Ahrimane, one Lhiannan, and the Telyavelic Tremere.
          I thought the Rasputin Chapter was going to open up some fo the Drowned Legacies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
            Wait, what? What I got from the Baali chapter is that the Salubri go on about how betterer they are than the other vampires, but they are still calling themselves "shepherds" and thus dehumanise normal people and reduce them to a lesser class of being.
            Call me crazy, but I don't think that the PoV of the only group that might have a bigger axe to grind with the Salubri than the Tremere is the best place to get an unbiased view of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post

I thought the Rasputin Chapter was going to open up some fo the Drowned Legacies.
              It will indeed

Matthew Dawkins
              Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ideon View Post

Call me crazy, but I don't think that the PoV of the only group that might have a bigger axe to grind with the Salubri than the Tremere is the best place to get an unbiased view of them.
                I meant to say Salubri, not Baali.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

The issue is a unifying purpose or goal. Finding a safe haven and domain? Getting revenge on some mutual enemy? Some unifying ideology? I can't really see what stereotypically unites the bloodlines other than a mutual need for support in the face of overwhelming odds. If you were STing such a game, how would you go about it? What would be your ideal set of bloodlines, and how would you bring them together and unite them in purpose? The Players MUST be united in purpose, otherwise "hello Mr. Prefect, Sabrina over there is a Salubri, once you've confirmed that you can award me whatever boon you deem appropriate" becomes a possibility, which isn't really fun.
                  You want reasons for a "extraordinary gentleman type" coterie working together?

-> Prison break: The members of the coterie were abducted by a Technocratic agent, Pentex or any other powerful organisation for experiments. Or other purposes like creating a Zoo, creating a new bloodline etc. pp. and the members are forced to work together to break out.

-> Powerful Mentor: An Archon needs to get something done. He needs it badly. He can't use "normal Clans" because of Clan loyalty etc. You guys are the secret AAA squad - you live a good life and are protected by the Camarilla, but hated by the Sabbat or the other way around.

-> Blood is thicker than water: When the Mother with the spiritual connections was embraced by a Samedi [Or insert another bloodlines] the family made a plan. A horrible plan. They found a book about all the different bloodlines and everyone was able to choose what they wanted to become. Now they hunt down rare bloodlines so everyone can get embraced and become what they want. After the hunt they destroy the donor. Not everyone starts as a kindred, which can create unusual role play experiences

-> The wheel of fate must turn: One night every member of the future coterie has two vision. In one the they are all alone and get killed by a dark, almost obsidian black shadow that flows like water. Whey they touch it their bodies decay. In the second they help each other to fight it and survive. The PCs will likely work together. Even when they work together they still will receive visions like this to up the ante.

Storywise i find it easy, what you should do before character creation is to talk to your players and ask them some important guidelines.
                  If you go with the Mentor stuff, a PC should either want to work for the guy or is forced to by being a thrall or other things.
                  No loners that don't want to be in a coterie in the first place.
                  If you PC has nothing to do with the story, he will become a NPC and the player is allowed to create another character.

Now most of us will make it work even if you don't go with those, but you would make it more difficult for yourself. Obviously you can do that, but why would you.

My favorite is the prison break, especially if you start with the abduction in session 0. You can solve the background issues, by other kindred taking over domains, resources etc. so even if they break out they will need help to take back their (un)-lives. Maybe go with 50%-75% loss in these kind of backgrounds, rounding up. That way people really feel the loss.

Comment

• Crytash For prison-break, I think Technocracy is a bit high concept for most games. Might be simpler to have our kidnapper be an Elder. A Bahari, a Noddist, a Kiasyd, a Necrotomist... they want to cut these freaks open and figure out how they work (in one way or another).

Bahari: "The mother's garden is filled with such variety... yes, the rage of a Brujah is something to behold, and the pitiful madness of her son Malkav is a bitter-sweet delight, but you my dear, you are something special. A rare, invasive species... let us figure out what secrets she bestowed upon you, what gifts."

Noddist: "Woe unto us... the purity of the Dark Father's lineage can be but a sad memory sometimes. I sincerely doubt that our patriarch would have looked fondly upon clanless rejects such as yourselves, but your gifts are of his blood. You shall act as The Crone; you will give up your knowledge, and then you shall face the sun."

Kiasyd: "Call it a vanity project, but I've always been curious about the oddities of the blood. The abhorrences, the curios, the hidden lost things... and their lore."

Necrotomist: "Now it's clear that a Brujah and a Setite are quite different. None would deny this. The explanation is simple; their Antedeluvian was different, and so the spiritual infection, the vector of their immortality, was distinctly different. But these mutations... you... one has to wonder what could create such changes beyond the purview of the Third generation. It's hard to make rhyme or reason of it, and I have devoted myself to figuring that out! Faerie lineage, demonic taint, geographical isolation, the interference of spirits... I'll figure you out, given time."

Comment

• The details are always up in the air. STs should do what they are comfortable with or just make a list and roll for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

It is obvious that Ur-Shulgi is AT THE VERY LEAST associated with the Baali in some way. I'd argue that his white-ass childe, his infernalism, the burns, his child-like form and his eyes being gouged/burnt, and him fitting into the Baali/Assamite conflict in terms of timeline and lore, him rejecting religion... I mean it's hardly even a head-canon or a fan-theory, it's literally right there.
                        I believe the author of Clanbook Assamite Revised after "Time of Judgement" added a bit of the book that got edited out of the published version, which clarified the matter. On the subject of Ur-Shulgis childe, the only thing I have is that Clayton Oliver once mentioned that the Kipling poem "Gehazi" was incredibly fitting for the Assamites. Which is suggestive of something entirely different....

Comment

• Originally posted by Crytash View Post
                          -> Prison break: The members of the coterie were abducted by a Technocratic agent, Pentex or any other powerful organisation for experiments. Or other purposes like creating a Zoo, creating a new bloodline etc. pp. and the members are forced to work together to break out.

-> Powerful Mentor: An Archon needs to get something done. He needs it badly. He can't use "normal Clans" because of Clan loyalty etc. You guys are the secret AAA squad - you live a good life and are protected by the Camarilla, but hated by the Sabbat or the other way around.
                          I like these two, whuch can actually work well together! However for the captor, I would see something more directly linked to VtM, why not a chantry of Tremere doing experiments, or a crazy Malkavian? )also the propositions from 11twiggins, except for the Kiasy as it would take out one of the bloodlines options)

They escape with the help of their future Mentor, who could be either another prisoner, a visitor, or contacting them from outside via some way.

The mentor could be a member of one of the most secret sect like the Talmahera or the Inconnu. Or why not some famous Gangrel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kendaan View Post

I like these two, whuch can actually work well together! However for the captor, I would see something more directly linked to VtM, why not a chantry of Tremere doing experiments, or a crazy Malkavian? )also the propositions from 11twiggins, except for the Kiasy as it would take out one of the bloodlines options)

They escape with the help of their future Mentor, who could be either another prisoner, a visitor, or contacting them from outside via some way.

The mentor could be a member of one of the most secret sect like the Talmahera or the Inconnu. Or why not some famous Gangrel?
                            Oh, if you want to play a Kiasyd, then you're the Childe of the captor. He embraces an oddity (a Revenant, a Dhampir, a fae-touched mortal, a Changeling, someone with Numina) to see the results and plans to vivisect and eventually kill them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trollroot View Post

I believe the author of Clanbook Assamite Revised after "Time of Judgement" added a bit of the book that got edited out of the published version, which clarified the matter. On the subject of Ur-Shulgis childe, the only thing I have is that Clayton Oliver once mentioned that the Kipling poem "Gehazi" was incredibly fitting for the Assamites. Which is suggestive of something entirely different....
                              Why was Al-Ashrad white now?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                                Why was Al-Ashrad white now?
                                IDK. He could be one of those Caitiff who are only Caitiff "biologically" but are still seen as a member of the clan.

Can we get a book on Caitiff that properly delineates how people become Caitiff btw? I mean you get Caitiff who become Caitiff 'Just Because', you get thin-blooded Caitiff, you get those who become Caitiff because they actively reject their Sire's clan, runaways, that sort of thing... so the word Caitiff is a tad confusing. You can be a "Caitiff" with short fuse, Celerity, Potence and Presence, and be an accepted part of Clan Brujah... well at that point how much of a Caitiff are you? The only changes are spending Willpower to avoid Frenzy and EXP for training, but those are quite meta concepts that no one will really notice in game.

Comment

Working...
                                X