No announcement yet.

Lore of the Bloodlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished the DoC and HoS entries (I got my copy two days ago) and I have to thank the writers for making the later more interesting. Given how many death-related clans and bloodlines there are, I was cynical when I first heard about them. One thing I can't help wondering is what would've happened if the Camarilla let them in like the bloodline originally wanted.

EDIT:
    Originally posted by Beckett View Post

I just didn't care for it. The writing didn't really speak to me, and I didn't walk away thinking of anything I'd want to do with the Bloodline. I didn't like how the book outright states the Victorian Age origin was false, and I felt the insinuation to the Black Hand was a poor choice. I mean that character explaining that whole bit talks about how they had to make a bargain with the Black Hand to not tell anyone of this connection, even their Childer after the pact was made, on pain of death for the Bloodline, and then that same character goes into detail telling some random stranger (the reader) all about it. And how did this individual even know so many particulars about the Black Hand, such as their real name? So the Tal'Mahe'Ra's big plan to introduce a "weapon" into the Camarilla (and Sabbat), hundred of years (?) before they existed, in a Sect that harbored the Malkavians, but then shrugged their shoulders as the Bloodline left the Black Hand for the Camarilla?

Wait, huh.

They pretty much ignored one of the bigger plot elements of the Bloodline murdering off the males, and gives a backhanded remark to the fans of the Sons of Discord.
    I thought it was really odd that they do not Embrace males often, because I guess only the sire can teach them to sing, (don't they embrace singers normally), and women can't teach men to sing very well? So, I guess it's out of the question that a Male would Embrace another male and avoid that,. . . issue? Or that they apparently go out of their way to make it more difficult for males to succeed.

Anyway, that's my take. I'm sure others will disagree to some degree, and that's fine. Like I said, it just didn't do anything for me, and I don't really think it made the Bloodline more playable.
    I understand how you feel, especially about the parts about male members. While I did like how they handled the "music" that haunts their minds, I wasn't a big fan on them being connected to the Black Hand.
    Last edited by Yaoi Huntress Earth; 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

• I have a question now that I read the Nagaraja entry: do their Ghouls need to eat Vampire flesh as well or just the blood?

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

• Generally, ghouls don't take on clan weaknesses.

I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

The Malkavian Madness Network

Comment

• I finished the book and you have heard of my feelings on the DoC and HoS. I also enjoyed the Gargoyles, True Brujah and Kaysid. One thing that annoyed that there are so many hideous bloodlines that it took away from the uniqueness of the Nosferatu. Maybe having the Gargoyles being unable to have an appearance score over 2 or 3 (if you want to be generous) could help.

I know that the writers tried, but I'm still not too interested in the Sademi and Nagaraja. And I have mixed feelings on trying to "white hat" the Baali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beckett View Post

I just didn't care for it. The writing didn't really speak to me, and I didn't walk away thinking of anything I'd want to do with the Bloodline. I didn't like how the book outright states the Victorian Age origin was false, and I felt the insinuation to the Black Hand was a poor choice. I mean that character explaining that whole bit talks about how they had to make a bargain with the Black Hand to not tell anyone of this connection, even their Childer after the pact was made, on pain of death for the Bloodline, and then that same character goes into detail telling some random stranger (the reader) all about it. And how did this individual even know so many particulars about the Black Hand, such as their real name? So the Tal'Mahe'Ra's big plan to introduce a "weapon" into the Camarilla (and Sabbat), hundred of years (?) before they existed, in a Sect that harbored the Malkavians, but then shrugged their shoulders as the Bloodline left the Black Hand for the Camarilla?

Wait, huh.

They pretty much ignored one of the bigger plot elements of the Bloodline murdering off the males, and gives a backhanded remark to the fans of the Sons of Discord.
            I thought it was really odd that they do not Embrace males often, because I guess only the sire can teach them to sing, (don't they embrace singers normally), and women can't teach men to sing very well? So, I guess it's out of the question that a Male would Embrace another male and avoid that,. . . issue? Or that they apparently go out of their way to make it more difficult for males to succeed.

Anyway, that's my take. I'm sure others will disagree to some degree, and that's fine. Like I said, it just didn't do anything for me, and I don't really think it made the Bloodline more playable.
            Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the Daughters and I thought the write up was weird. The Black Hand story just didn't seem to make logical sense. Their plan didn't make sense, nor did their reaction to the Daughter's defection.

Really liked the Harbinger of Skulls and Kiasyd writes up though.

Comment

• I didn't really care much for the Kiasyd, but I think it is largely that I don't like the Bloodline itself.

And while I don't dislike the Harbingers one, I dislike the minor deviation from the prior twist, and sort of felt the new direction just did not really do enough to bring the Bloodline out.

Granted, it has always been a Bloodline not meant for Players, so there is not a lot that can really be done, but it just left me wanting the actual meal after the appetizer. But not in a good way, as said meal is not coming.

Comment

Working...
              X