Lore of the Bloodlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read it, quite enjoyed it. I have just two questions:

1) Sutekh Fathers Anubis (p. 49) - how does being twice as fast as a human work, in terms of game mechanics?

2) Is it too early to start requesting a "Lore of the Bloodlines II"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stannis View Post

I'd like to give a big hand to Mr Dawkins above, because I think his Kiasyd and Harbingers of Skulls chapters are fucking amazing man. The best chapters in the book. I can't wait for Beckett's Jyhad!
      Thank you very much! You'll get a little more Lazarene and Weirdling fun in Beckett's Jyhad Diary. Of bloodlines that appear, I believe we have:

Harbingers of Skulls
      Kiasyd
      Gargoyle
      Daughters of Cacophony
      True Brujah
      Blood Brother
      Salubri (not a real Clan, after all)
      Samedi
      Baali
      Laibon (of varying origins)

And I'm pretty confident we reference at least one Ahrimane, one Lhiannan, and the Telyavelic Tremere.

Matthew Dawkins
      Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Thank you very much! You'll get a little more Lazarene and Weirdling fun in Beckett's Jyhad Diary. Of bloodlines that appear, I believe we have:

Harbingers of Skulls
        Kiasyd
        Gargoyle
        Daughters of Cacophony
        True Brujah
        Blood Brother
        Salubri (not a real Clan, after all)
        Samedi
        Baali
        Laibon (of varying origins)

And I'm pretty confident we reference at least one Ahrimane, one Lhiannan, axnd the Telyavelic Tremere.
        Do you thinkle Beckett Ever feels tempted to disable ride one of the many vampire with rate powers he encounters?does he ever envies them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Do you thinkle Beckett Ever feels tempted to disable ride one of the many vampire with rate powers he encounters?does he ever envies them?
          If by "disable ride" you mean diablerise (though I love that translation) I would say no. I believe Beckett is too fearful about the dangers of diablerie. He's a pragmatist. He doesn't want to be even more blacklisted than he is.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

If by "disable ride" you mean diablerise (though I love that translation) I would say no. I believe Beckett is too fearful about the dangers of diablerie. He's a pragmatist. He doesn't want to be even more blacklisted than he is.
            Thanks,and yeah i did mean diablerie,i gotta take a look at my autocorrect

Comment

• Originally posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
              Read it, quite enjoyed it. I have just two questions:

1) Sutekh Fathers Anubis (p. 49) - how does being twice as fast as a human work, in terms of game mechanics?

2) Is it too early to start requesting a "Lore of the Bloodlines II"?
              I've raised the double speed thing in errata to the developer. It'll be clarified in the finished version.

Request away in the comments on the Monday Meeting Blog, or by email to White Wolf! Tell them about how much you love the book

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• I'm now tempted to run a story which is a coterie of rare and esoteric Kindred who are forced together by circumstance. Exiles, rejects, hunted by various Clans. A heretic among Harbingers, hounded by the Giovanni and the Sabbat (under the direction of her clan-mates), a Salubri with the Tremere on her tail, a Baali who has rejected his infernal masters and seeks to rekindle his mortal faith in [normal religion], a Kiasyd searching for rarities so that he can write his book: "Plurality of the Blood; the Lore and Supernatural Physiology of Clans and Bloodlines".

They're forced to trust eachother since they have no other choice, and themes of rejection and a lacking of belonging run throughout.
                Last edited by 11twiggins; 03-20-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
                  I'm now tempted to run a story which is a coterie of rare and esoteric Kindred who are forced together by circumstance. Exiles, rejects, hunted by various Clans. A heretic among Harbingers, hounded by the Giovanni and the Sabbat (under the direction of her clan-mates), a Salubri with the Tremere on her tail, a Baali who has rejected his infernal masters and seeks to rekindle his mortal faith in [normal religion], a Kiasyd searching for rarities so that he can write his book: "Plurality of the Blood; the Lore and Supernatural Physiology of Clans and Bloodlines".
                  i'm already imagining the possibilities

Comment

i'm already imagining the possibilities
                    If you need to explain the huge coincidence, their meeting was contrived by a Mage using Entropy so that they could observe mixtures of different supernaturals experimentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

If you need to explain the huge coincidence, their meeting was contrived by a Mage using Entropy so that they could observe mixtures of different supernaturals experimentally.
                      Oh no,that wasn't i meant. i mean that i already imagining the possibilitiess of shenaningans this coterie would get into.

Comment

• You'll encounter a coterie of that type in Beckett's Jyhad Diary!

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Oh no,that wasn't i meant. i mean that i already imagining the possibilitiess of shenaningans this coterie would get into.
                          Oh, I understood haha. But I was laying down an explanation before someone flies in saying that it's a snowflake patrol and the idea is dumb and would never happen. At the end of the day the starting premise of a story can be contrived; stories are a series of contrivances really. The issue is when contrivances are poorly written or handled poorly.

Comment

• Frankly, I love the idea of a League of Extraordinary Bloodlines coterie. Why would the freaks of the world not join forces?

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Frankly, I love the idea of a League of Extraordinary Bloodlines coterie. Why would the freaks of the world not join forces?
                              The issue is a unifying purpose or goal. Finding a safe haven and domain? Getting revenge on some mutual enemy? Some unifying ideology? I can't really see what stereotypically unites the bloodlines other than a mutual need for support in the face of overwhelming odds. If you were STing such a game, how would you go about it? What would be your ideal set of bloodlines, and how would you bring them together and unite them in purpose? The Players MUST be united in purpose, otherwise "hello Mr. Prefect, Sabrina over there is a Salubri, once you've confirmed that you can award me whatever boon you deem appropriate" becomes a possibility, which isn't really fun.

Comment

If you're Beckett, you know that Diablerie tanks your Humanity, bestows supernatural curses and can lead to being possessed or developing traits of those you diablerise. It would also greatly damage his credibility and his standing in the Kindred community. I mean even the Tzimisce Necrotomists who investigate Diablerie don't actually do it themselves, since it would spoil their objectivity, and they're in a situation where Diablerie is a-okay. Beckett is a historian who typically interacts with members of the Camarilla, so black lines would do him very little good... and he's not really the type of person who would benefit from a reduced Generation really. The only thing I can see Beckett wanting personally is better Auspex for investigative purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X