Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How easy was to generate new bloodlines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BenjCano View Post

    You're forgetting about Demdemeh, Ebola, and the elephant graveyard.
    Can't speak for the other two, but in the case of Ebola isn't that the form a Nagloper took when he reached Azhi Dahaka? That's not manipulating genetics, that's imitating microbial life.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

      Can't speak for the other two, but in the case of Ebola isn't that the form a Nagloper took when he reached Azhi Dahaka? That's not manipulating genetics, that's imitating microbial life.
      I'm calling turning yourself into a sentient strain of disease as close to genetic manipulation as makes no difference.


      I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

      The Malkavian Madness Network

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BenjCano View Post

        I'm calling turning yourself into a sentient strain of disease as close to genetic manipulation as makes no difference.
        Here you're dealing with Vicissitude 9 or even 10 (Azhi Dahaka could well push you up to level 10, considering its parallels with Golconda... or maybe He just takes over, in which case your level in the power is moot), so saying "Vicissitude can alter DNA" is kind of like saying "Potence can cause earthquakes".

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
          ...so saying "Vicissitude can alter DNA" is kind of like saying "Potence can cause earthquakes".
          ...in that it can?


          I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

          The Malkavian Madness Network

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BenjCano View Post

            ...in that it can?
            Yes, but it's not incredibly relevant since it's an exceptionally high level power. For an extreme example, The Forces Sphere can move entire dimensions around the tellurian. Yes, it's true, but it's not relevant and saying it without qualification (as an Archmage in one book which most people ignore or haven't read, including many writers) isn't a good idea IMO. Vicissitude has done things where you could infer that some heritable genetic material has been changed, but it's a bit like saying "Dominate can turn myelinate/demyelinate axons".

            Comment

            Working...
            X