Engaging the Vessel of Transference Uses or Nifty Variations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engaging the Vessel of Transference Uses or Nifty Variations

It's a completely useful spell in Thaumaturgy and probably all the other blood sorceries also. You can make blood bonds with it (which also means default ghouling in V20), take blood samples and other useful tasks. It's easily one of my "duh" spells when someone wants to play a blood mage. One thing I did in Dark Ages was I made a reliquary, the kind Catholics kiss when they come to church. You can grab a whole congregation over time that way. But I digress.

1. What are nifty uses you have found for it?
    2. What are nifty ways you have found to deploy it?
    3. What variations on EtVoT have you considered to add extra use to this ritual? (Example 2-step bond, only blood bonds but can bond a lot of people, etc)

The thing about it is you get the chill, and it has to remained covered. Anyone worth their salt isn't going to be like yeah I'll hold that covered container that a tremere just gave me because they asked nicely. What a chill? Nah probably nothing. You may get like 1 or 2 vamps 1 step towards you but you wont be getting 2 steps, unless they are really dumb....in which case why waste the time and effort? As for mortals....huge masquerade risk. One clumsy human and your catholic church just turned into a burn mob.

Comment

I was thinking if someone had just undergone a Vaulderie, they could put any leftover blood on an EtVoT vessel and give it to someone bound. Give that Ventrue's ghoul a free vaulderie, freeing him from the bond to his master.

Comment

1. Can you actually include a Ghoul in a Vaulderie?
        2. Can you actually keep spare Vaulerie blood to ad-hoc someone like that later on?

Comment

Monalfie A ghoul can be in the vaulderie. The allegiance ritus allows you to drink from the vaulderie but you don't add to it. Essentially, you get the vinculum but don't nobody gets vinculum to you.

Dont know if you can store vinculum draughts in this manner. I was wondering.

Comment

Is the Allegiance Ritus anywhere in V20? I can't find it about. Feel like the same discussion came up in the other Vaulderie thread.
            But on that note, I'm not questioning whether a non-contributor can be part of the Vaulderie specifically. Just whether any language actually confirms it would confirm to ghouls. Can you use it on mortals? Wasn't aware of this.

Comment

Dunno if it's in V20 yet, but even if it isn't that means "no update". The vaulderie is drinking vampiric blood, same as good old fashioned blood bonds but out of a cup. I don't see why it wouldn't work for Vaulderie if I can get blood bound by drinking blood from a cup instead of a vein.

Comment

Originally posted by g3taso View Post
                Dunno if it's in V20 yet, but even if it isn't that means "no update". The vaulderie is drinking vampiric blood, same as good old fashioned blood bonds but out of a cup. I don't see why it wouldn't work for Vaulderie if I can get blood bound by drinking blood from a cup instead of a vein.
                But the Vaulderie is explicitly not 'same as good old fashioned blood bonds but out of a cup.' It is a magic ritual which causes different effects.

"The Vaulderie is similar to a blood bond, though it differs in intent and function. -

Those who are ignorant of the Vaulderie’s finer details believe it to be a simple commingling of vampire vitae in a vessel and the subsequent drinking of it. In truth, the matter is far more mystical. To start the ritual, the priest takes a tool used specifically for the Vaulderie and nothing else and cuts her wrist. The ritual cutting tool could be a small knife, silver straight razor, or awl. To impart more gravity to the rite, many packs use elaborate ritual bloodletters decorated with engraved swirls, spirals, or blood droplets. The priest then bleeds into a vessel and passes the cutting device to each Sabbat member present, who pierces his own flesh and bleeds into the chalice. The vessel is then passed around the pack until everyone has poured their blood in, before the priest recites an incantation over it, consecrating it as a terrible sacrament before every member of the pack draws a draught."
                My emphasis.
                I'm not necessarily saying it doesn't work on Ghouls. And I'd be willing to accept it works on non-Kindred entities. But the Vaulderie isn't the same as a Blood Bond, so I'm curious if there is actual textual evidence it works on anyone. Is the Allegiance Ritus specifically mentioning Ghouls?

Comment

Working...
                X