Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire 5e - Kenneth Hite revealed as the lead developer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vampire 5e - Kenneth Hite revealed as the lead developer

    As much as I hate to admit it, Hite as the lead in the new edition piques my interest. At least now I have hope that the game will be thematically and mechanically where I want it to be.

    Also I believe something called Storyteller's Vault was sneak-peeked. I think it will be similar to DM's Guild.

    I will still wait and see how nWW will conduct themselves in the future, but finally there are some steps in the right direction (although considering that pretty much all steps until now where in the opposite direction, this may not say much).
    Last edited by blackheartz; 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM.

  • #2
    "The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion: hope."

    Hopefully the rest of the news from Berlin has a lack of edge for the sake of edge


    "The phrase 'flies on the heads of pins' appeared 43 times in that journal, sometimes in the middle of sentences or written in the margins."

    Comment


    • #3
      Meh. I like "edge." Though, the definition can vary depending on the person you're talking to. Never understood why it gets a bad rap. Doesn't really matter, regardless.

      I'll buy the cool stuff, and ignore the stuff I don't like. No biggie.


      PENTEX SUCKS.

      I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

      Comment


      • #4
        I got no beef with edge. It's when it's for edge's sake alone that I dislike it.


        Onyx Path Forum Moderator

        My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
          Meh. I like "edge." Though, the definition can vary depending on the person you're talking to. Never understood why it gets a bad rap. Doesn't really matter, regardless.

          I'll buy the cool stuff, and ignore the stuff I don't like. No biggie.
          We had a very interesting discussion a few days back, about contemporary music, pop-culture and the state of subcultures nowadays, with my non-rp friends. It was in out mother language, Hungarian, so "edgyness" doesn't came up as such, since we don't have an equivalent term. Regardless, one of them, a very musically keen woman said: now, they take away the edge of everything, the music, the clothes, the cities, everything became an unified kind of smoothness and neatness. It's an interesting thought.


          If nothing worked, then let's think!

          Comment


          • #6
            It all sounds terribly mediocre and antiquated. The mechanics for V5 sound like the least boring bit of info.


            Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
              It all sounds terribly mediocre and antiquated.
              Wow.

              No, I won't jump on this...


              If nothing worked, then let's think!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm going to be staying far, far away from this game, but at least with Ken involved folks who will be playing it have some solid rules to look forward to.


                Just call me Lex.

                Female pronouns for me, please.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seems like this should go in the Vampire the Masquerade forum.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Malkydel View Post
                    "The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion: hope."
                    Funny enough, that sums up my thoughts on the direction of the 5th edition World of Darkness. "Oh neat, a 5th edition. I hope it's good." Only to realize my hope for something good was just a bitter, terrible illusion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nofather View Post
                      Seems like this should go in the Vampire the Masquerade forum.
                      It has one: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ss-berlin-2017

                      Actually, after what info we got this far, I'm considerably more positive than been for moths about V5, both system and plot. At least it will be d10.


                      If nothing worked, then let's think!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PMárk View Post

                        It has one: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ss-berlin-2017

                        Actually, after what info we got this far, I'm considerably more positive than been for moths about V5, both system and plot. At least it will be d10.
                        I read the relavent bits. It's abundantly clear that this game will not be for me, though that's nothing new. I hope those who it is for will enjoy it.


                        Onyx Path Forum Moderator

                        My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

                          I read the relavent bits. It's abundantly clear that this game will not be for me, though that's nothing new. I hope those who it is for will enjoy it.
                          what is displeasing you so far? I ask cause i'm loving the bits about gehena wars and how they influence human wars,the focus on the masquerade and new setting books etc..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only thing that seems appealing to me is the change in how a blood pool works. Beyond that it's still Vampire the Masquerade. I realize to some people that means they have to try it but to me it's not even a heartbreaker.

                            I'm not clear why this is in the Off-Topic thread if there's already a post about it in the VtM forum.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              The only thing that seems appealing to me is the change in how a blood pool works. Beyond that it's still Vampire the Masquerade. I realize to some people that means they have to try it but to me it's not even a heartbreaker.

                              I'm not clear why this is in the Off-Topic thread if there's already a post about it in the VtM forum.

                              Well because I saw the WoD Berlin thread, and thought to make a new thread to discuss the announcements about 5e in specific, without derailing the other thread. Now as to why it is in the Off-topic, I probably messed up somewhere because I was certain I put it in the Vampire forum.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X