No announcement yet.

V20 Dark Ages Companion on DTRPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there new Thaumaturgy/Necromancy paths?

Comment

I am not sure if the Pure Ones are playable, it seems like a very short trip to getting killed.

Comment

Wow its out! Instant buy, I loved the sneak peeks we got, and being the bugger I am I bought the Ceoris book, and the Eclipse book, finally, along with it!

PS
        Thank you for dedicating it to Phil Hartman, he has a found place in my heart and was a true entertainer. I really would have loved to have seen his dream of a Live Action Troy McLure Movie come to light...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

And glad Tame the Maddening Flame is a thing! I have been using a homemade ritual just like it, though I had it a red flame, and only had it ease the Red Fear of the Warlock, with other versions creating illusory flame. But Its a splendid idea and I'mma eat this version into my homemade ones.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Why did the former Prince of Rome, a Lasombra (died in 1229), become a Ventrue with a slightly different name: Constantinus (instead of Constantius)?

Comment

Originally posted by Valentinus View Post

Why did the former Prince of Rome, a Lasombra (died in 1229), become a Ventrue with a slightly different name: Constantinus (instead of Constantius)?
              If you feel that's an error, please add it to the errata, and I'll look it up when I do the final editing sweep.

Matthew Dawkins
              Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

OK I will do it =)

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Oh, why? Not all of the domains are large.
                  A domain still has to be consistent with how the game is conceptualised. Medieval Bath is a very small place, with a population of about 500-750 people. During the thirteenth century it was, broadly speaking, a walled abbey estate. Having it as a domain with multiple Cainite residents is a failure to adequate conceptualise the type of place it was during the medieval period.; this is not some bustling metropolis, or even a notable market town but a very particular environment created by geography and contemporary society. Merely using the phrase "Domain of Bath" suggests a very poor conception of place.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Willoughby View Post

A domain still has to be consistent with how the game is conceptualised. Medieval Bath is a very small place, with a population of about 500-750 people. During the thirteenth century it was, broadly speaking, a walled abbey estate. Having it as a domain with multiple Cainite residents is a failure to adequate conceptualise the type of place it was during the medieval period.; this is not some bustling metropolis, or even a notable market town but a very particular environment created by geography and contemporary society. Merely using the phrase "Domain of Bath" suggests a very poor conception of place.
                    While I'm disappointed you find the idea of Bath in V20: Dark Ages incredulous, I'm pleased with both the writing on that chapter, and the idea of a small domain given unusual prominence due to its loyalty to Mithras, Roman holdovers, and unusual architecture

The phrase "Domain of Bath" is used as we use that naming convention for all the domains in the book. As I strive for playability over historical accuracy, I'm glad we included a site of interest such as this one.

In any case, I hope you're happier with the domain to which you contributed your insight

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

The Dark Ages setting has cities spring from the ether centuries early as a deliberate decision - just ask the vampires of Budapest! So, James, Bath being a little bigger than it was in the real world is in line with how the Dark Ages setting treats history and reality.

Comment

I caved and picked up a PDF.

This is one impressive book and not just for the art (which rarely is so good throughout) as I've been drawn into each domain (Mogadishu's my favorite) and adore the apocrypha (especially for Ventrue, Cappadocian, Toreador and Ravnos). I'm going to find less use for the combat and equipment than others but the building a domain chapter is great. Reminds me of Pendragon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stannis View Post
                          I caved and picked up a PDF.

This is one impressive book and not just for the art (which rarely is so good throughout) as I've been drawn into each domain (Mogadishu's my favorite) and adore the apocrypha (especially for Ventrue, Cappadocian, Toreador and Ravnos). I'm going to find less use for the combat and equipment than others but the building a domain chapter is great. Reminds me of Pendragon!!
                          I'm particularly fond of my work on the Ventrue apocrypha, among other parts. It's a simple thing, but I love the clan obsession with lineage.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                          X