Best jobs for vampires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best jobs for vampires?

What are the best jobs a vampire could have for every dot of resources available? I guess some could be businessmen but, what other alternatives are possible in the modern world?

Pretty much everything that allows remote work with very flexible hours is golden. Freelancing, preferably with clients in several cities or even different countries (possibly even on the other side of the globe, making use of the time difference) makes for a very solid and difficult-to-disrupt income.

Comment

Night court attorney. Work nights. Win cases with your vampire powers. Have a sweet Phoenix Wright haircut.

Comment

Stock investor.
        Customer Service.
        Janitor.
        Assassin.
        Website Developer.

You know, typical stuff.

Comment

A business owner is probably the best thing to do, especially when you have employees who can cover for you.

However, the Night Club Manager business is probably the best for a reason.

Easy access to find.

So is brothel, hotel, and crime boss.

Comment

convenient store night clerk, little boring but every now and then hoodlums in ski masks come in to serve you lunch

Comment

I'm now wondering about neonates who sign up for telecommuting work and have video conferences with people in sunlit offices. Would knowing that what they're seeing is real-time sunlight trigger Rötschreck, or would it be just like seeing the sun in regular TV programs (no big deal, I'm assuming).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                I'm now wondering about neonates who sign up for telecommuting work and have video conferences with people in sunlit offices. Would knowing that what they're seeing is real-time sunlight trigger Rötschreck, or would it be just like seeing the sun in regular TV programs (no big deal, I'm assuming).
                I'd assume the latter. Presumably, the first few sunrises in TV would trigger some uneasiness, but it's likely a lot easier to get used to than the real thing.
                Last edited by Cifer; 07-14-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Security guard. One of the first jobs I ever had was doing security on the graveyard shift.

It would be great especially for studious vampires, there's nothing to do but read. I imagine a Tremere neonate sitting in a high rise lobby watching the security cameras at the front desk and reading texts teaching him Lure of Flames.

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

Blood bond domitor is the best vampiric career. Almost all other jobs are going to require you to come in during the daytime at some point or will create suspicious events when you can't make it to work. Plus jobs are associated with all sorts paperwork, taxes, and so on. How easy can you keep a job if you can never go to a bank, never go by a DMV, etc.

Maybe the best jobs could be illegal ones - drug dealer or prostitute. Maybe free lance jobs that pay cash where you can set your own hours.

Self employment is key, because otherwise your boss is going to demand that you do something during the day at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                      A business owner is probably the best thing to do, especially when you have employees who can cover for you.

However, the Night Club Manager business is probably the best for a reason.

Easy access to find.

So is brothel, hotel, and crime boss.
                      Night club manager! I don't know how I forgot that, it is a favorite of mine. My first ever character and one of my current ones does that. Makes for a good haven, feeding grounds, and revenue.

Comment

Wouldn't a night club manager have a LOT to do during the day, though? From receiving booze deliveries, ordering and receiving replacement furniture, glasses, food deliveries, even interviewing and hiring new staff, or health and fire department inspections, any lawsuits that might arise (it doesn't seem unlikely, All Things Considered). While some of this could be relegated to staff members there's just some things you got to be there for.

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

For Gargoyles: Living Statue
                          I'll show myself out now

Comment

Originally posted by 12dollarburrito View Post
                            Wouldn't a night club manager have a LOT to do during the day, though? From receiving booze deliveries, ordering and receiving replacement furniture, glasses, food deliveries, even interviewing and hiring new staff, or health and fire department inspections, any lawsuits that might arise (it doesn't seem unlikely, All Things Considered). While some of this could be relegated to staff members there's just some things you got to be there for.
                            Which is why ghouls exist. Mind you, in the WOD, being interviewed at night is probably very common.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Brother View Post
                              Blood bond domitor is the best vampiric career.
                              It's 'the best' if you are a heartless immoral monster. Not everyone is going to instantly jump at "brainwash and enslave people" as a lucrative career. Former slavers and rapists might, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X