Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indispensable Mundane Items for Kindred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by The Direful Spring View Post
    A good van would be very useful. You can move a lot of equipment and people about, its fairly easy to go into its back then cover the windows and sleep out the day and when feeding you can easily drug your victim or start the drinking then chuck them in the back of the van to feed out of sight then use a drug to keep them unconscious and make sure they forget their experience while keeping a drip in them to make sure they recover quickly.

    The other thing might be a can of deodorant and a lighter or a small flair. If you're being attacked by another Vampire you can use the flair or fire the deodorant through he lighter to create a little fire ball. Probably won't kill your attacker but with any luck he'll be scared by it and if you both go into a blind panic you just have to hope your run in opposite directions.

    A good van is fantastic. I have a kiasyd and I need the headroom, because the mental picture of a 7' tall person whipping around in a Mini Cooper like in the Italian job is too amazing to be pulled off. I might add to the trunk several 55-gallon contractor bags, a roll of Duct Tape, baling wire and wire cutter.

    Comment


    • #32
      I had a Tremere with a cane sword... and the license to have such weapon... just in case the ST tried to give me trouble with that. Because if you have a cool ritual to have a blade of fire you better have thee coolest way to show off to other vampires
      Last edited by DrakeEpsilon; 07-30-2017, 02:03 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by DrakeEpsilon View Post
        I had a Tremere with a cane word... and the license to have such weapon... just in case the ST tried to give me trouble with that. Because if you have a cool ritual to have a blade of fire you better have thee coolest way to show off to other vampires
        "Word Cane?"
        Is that like a very long and hardened piece of parchment?? Or magical scrolls glued together? Or just a huge lower-case t?
        What I'm saying is that I saw a typo and think it's funny

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Davesknd View Post

          "Word Cane?"
          Is that like a very long and hardened piece of parchment?? Or magical scrolls glued together? Or just a huge lower-case t?
          What I'm saying is that I saw a typo and think it's funny
          Edited. Actually pretty funny. XD

          Comment


          • #35
            Amazon has razor (concertina) wire in 50' coils for less than 20 bucks.

            Comment


            • #36
              A Backpack, with the following;

              A box of wood pencil
              Duct Tape
              A Pocket Knife
              A Bottle of Water (To be emptied) but also to keep up appearances.
              A Handkerchief
              A Lighter

              And in the trunk of your Car you need;
              Gasoline - (For the car and the Emptied Water bottle )
              A shovel
              An Empty Urn
              A Spare tired
              A Crowbar
              A Flashlight
              A Flare Gun
              A box of Garbage Bag
              And a Folding Lounge Chair

              Your car is a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss
              With a Good Stereo System
              And in that glove compartment you have;
              A pair of sunglasses and the AC/DC CD collection

              And finally a flask with Bourbon

              You're all set. Enjoy!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Arcaneumkiller View Post
                Gasoline - (For the car and the Emptied Water bottle )
                [...]
                Your car is a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss
                With a Good Stereo System
                And in that glove compartment you have;
                A pair of sunglasses and the AC/DC CD collection
                You're lacking half a pack of cigarettes.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                  You're lacking half a pack of cigarettes.

                  lol

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Davesknd View Post

                    That is not a good idea. During a raid on the Sabbat, we had something like that with dragon's breath rounds and it ended with the whole coterie and half the Sabbat going into rotschreck. It's like with a gun under the pillow, it's much more likely that you shoot yourself.
                    Well yes, unless you want to make your enemy stay and fight it out toe to toe half the point of using some fire based weapon is to send them send them into rotschreck. If you're being attacked and you have nothing to gain by fighting it out why shouldn't you want to drive off your enemy rather than risk dying in an extended fight for no gain.

                    Also I don't know how your story teller goes about it but generally we have it so that the target of a flame weapon has a disadvantage while the user has an advantage, a flame based weapon is going to be scarier if you know that its aimed at you but if you have control of it its less so. ​​
                    Last edited by The Direful Spring; 07-31-2017, 02:03 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by The Direful Spring View Post
                      Well yes, unless you want to make your enemy stay and fight it out toe to toe half the point of using some fire based weapon is to send them send them into rotschreck. If you're being attacked and you have nothing to gain by fighting it out why shouldn't you want to drive off your enemy rather than risk dying in an extended fight for no gain.

                      Also I don't know how your story teller goes about it but generally we have it so that the target of a flame weapon has a disadvantage while the user has an advantage, a flame based weapon is going to be scarier if you know that its aimed at you but if you have control of it its less so. ​​

                      We have a pretty simple rule: The beast doesn't care, it's too dumb to understand controlled fire and if you get a bonus for mentally bracing yourself, so does your enemy because they can see the lighter before you ignite the hair spray.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Davesknd View Post


                        We have a pretty simple rule: The beast doesn't care, it's too dumb to understand controlled fire and if you get a bonus for mentally bracing yourself, so does your enemy because they can see the lighter before you ignite the hair spray.
                        Even if you do play it like that there's a big difference between a burning object at arms length and your head being on fire.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by DrakeEpsilon View Post
                          I had a Tremere with a cane sword...
                          I made a Tremere character for a Dark Ages game that never got played...her primary path was Levinbolt, and her melee weapon of choice was an a flail. She was also an archer, and had an assortment of thaumaturgical arrows; bodkin-pointed shafts of belated quiescence, splinter servants with fletching and blunt heads attached, and warded barbed broadheads.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Theodrim View Post

                            I made a Tremere character for a Dark Ages game that never got played...her primary path was Levinbolt, and her melee weapon of choice was an a flail. She was also an archer, and had an assortment of thaumaturgical arrows; bodkin-pointed shafts of belated quiescence, splinter servants with fletching and blunt heads attached, and warded barbed broadheads.
                            That sounds awesome. i haven't play mine still. But waiting for the time to come. He also has a lot of loose change to later infuse them with blood points XD

                            Hope you can play with yours sometime

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              You're cold and dead so no matter how hot it is outside a suit Kevlar and nomex lined biker leathers is not going to be uncomfortable. An led headlamp is a godsend if you don't have the right mojo or your opponents have auspex. Always carry a knife. A body bag is lightproof. A taurus judge is one of the easiest pistols to make silver rounds for.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Even if you cannot buy potance you can buy bolt cutters.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X