Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fashion and the Damned, what is your character's style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
    Dress to your heart's content but always remember the Masquerade, over the top clothing tend to be noticed. And smart Kindred don't want to be noticed.
    Eh, that's very context-dependent. Any of the stereotypical Toreador haunts are places where you want to get noticed. There are loads of people in real life who don't make an effort to blend in, or a conscious effort not to blend in, and get along just fine. Add in the subculture-specific behaviour necessary to feed, and blending in becomes a hinderance.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post

      Eh, that's very context-dependent. Any of the stereotypical Toreador haunts are places where you want to get noticed. There are loads of people in real life who don't make an effort to blend in, or a conscious effort not to blend in, and get along just fine. Add in the subculture-specific behaviour necessary to feed, and blending in becomes a hinderance.

      Well walking into the club all Presence and style is different from wearing totally improper clothes and looking like a kawaii goth lolita. Any Toreador with self-respect would dress to stand out, not stick out.

      Comment


      • #18
        Malkavians = Whatever they feel like. They don't really have a preferred style or dress code.

        Brujah = Typical street clothes. Not necessarily biker fetish.

        Toreador = Designer brand clothing, often custom ordered.

        Ventrue = Expensive, but not overly flashy attire.

        Tremere = Something between the lines of Toreador and Ventrue

        Nosferatu = Stain proof, easy to clean materials, to compensate for their unsightly living conditions.

        Gangrel = Durable, weather resistant materials, for on-the-go vampires.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post


          Well walking into the club all Presence and style is different from wearing totally improper clothes and looking like a kawaii goth lolita. Any Toreador with self-respect would dress to stand out, not stick out.
          Tonight's poseur is tomorrow night's artiste.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post


            Well walking into the club all Presence and style is different from wearing totally improper clothes and looking like a kawaii goth lolita. Any Toreador with self-respect would dress to stand out, not stick out.

            ...
            Great, now I have a character concept for a kawaii goth lolita! I hope you are happy! My next ST will hate you!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Davesknd View Post


              ...
              Great, now I have a character concept for a kawaii goth lolita! I hope you are happy! My next ST will hate you!

              Poor guy...

              Comment


              • #22
                It makes about as much sense as all those vampires that dress in Victorian Goth style. The sense being that Goth/Industrial clubs are prime hunting grounds.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                  It makes about as much sense as all those vampires that dress in Victorian Goth style. The sense being that Goth/Industrial clubs are prime hunting grounds.


                  "We need more ruffles!" "And bring me my powdered wig!"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I've just created a Brujah for a Dark Ages game who was a member of the Varangian Guard before the Embrace (for those unfamiliar, the Varangians were an elite personal bodyguard to the East Roman Emperor composed almost entirely of Viking warrioirs). Having spent much of his adult life walking about in metal-accented leather, he basically gets to exemplify the Brujah biker stereotype 800 or so years in advance. It's probably going to amuse him a quite bit assuming he survives to modern nights.
                    Last edited by Silent Witness; 08-12-2017, 12:03 PM. Reason: Typo

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                      It makes about as much sense as all those vampires that dress in Victorian Goth style. The sense being that Goth/Industrial clubs are prime hunting grounds.

                      Yeah it's a good idea to dress to fit in (Jeanette from Bloodlines managed to pull the school girl act because of her profession)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Silent Witness View Post
                        I've just created a Brujah for a Dark Ages game who was a member of the Varangian Guard before the Embrace (for those unfamiliar, the Varangians were an elite personal bodyguard to the East Roman Emperor composed almost entirely of Viking warrioirs). Having spent much of his adult life walking about in metal-accented leather, he basically gets to exemplify the Brujah biker stereotype 800 or so years in advance. It's probably going to amuse him a quite bit assuming he survives to modern nights.
                        I do hope you mean lamellar armour, not studded leather. One actually existed, the other one is because Gaynax made it up.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post


                          Yeah it's a good idea to dress to fit in (Jeanette from Bloodlines managed to pull the school girl act because of her profession)

                          Co-managing a dance club called Asylum?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
                            (...) (Jeanette from Bloodlines managed to pull the school girl act because of her profession)
                            Did you play through all of the Vampire Masquarade: Bloodlines game? Which Clan did you choose for your character?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post

                              I do hope you mean lamellar armour, not studded leather. One actually existed, the other one is because Gaynax made it up.
                              Yep, definitely lamellar. Honestly, I've never really understood how adding metal studs to leather armor is supposed to make it more protective anyhow, if anything I think, in any amount that would improve defensive value, it would weaken the integrity of the leather and make blunt force more uncomfortable as the interior ends of the studs poked into the wearer.

                              Also, most depictions of Varangians show them wearing either lamellar or chain.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Silent Witness View Post

                                Yep, definitely lamellar. Honestly, I've never really understood how adding metal studs to leather armor is supposed to make it more protective anyhow, if anything I think, in any amount that would improve defensive value, it would weaken the integrity of the leather and make blunt force more uncomfortable as the interior ends of the studs poked into the wearer.

                                Also, most depictions of Varangians show them wearing either lamellar or chain.

                                Depends on how the studs are built. They could have flat insides, as opposed to being spiked. And the studs could be useful for blocking sharp instruments such as blades and arrows, which would normally cut through the leather fairly easily.


                                The manner in which the leather is manufactured could also play a part in it's defensive qualities. Some types being more durable than others.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X