Could this work in V:TM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this work in V:TM?

I am considering getting Vampire and have a storyline planned in case I do. The story is about a dying millionaire with a case of Pancreatic Cancer. He is visited by a mysterious woman who tells him about the existence of vampires and how their blood can heal. This causes a chain of events which results in trying to find a vampire and harvest it's blood to avoid duing, unaware of the damming side affects. Could this idea work in Vampire?

It is possible, yes. There are Rogue Ghouls who hunt down vampires specifically for this purpose, but don't allow themselves to be enslaved to any particular master.

Comment

I was thinking about this being the millionaire's first or second dose of blood. As you can tell, he will do anything to get the so-called healing blood. I wonder who the mysterious woman could've been?

Comment

She can't be much of a friend to the local Kindred if she sets a rogue ghoul loose on them.

Comment

True. I am thinking about either making her a ghoul herself or perhaps, a hunter. I also need to figure why he believed her.

Comment

She could have brought a sample for him to try.

Comment

This sounds like an independent ghoul hoping to use the millionaire's resources to assist her in getting her own supply of blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                She could have brought a sample for him to try.
                The sample idea was actually what I was considering, and it makes the most sense. I am picturing the millionaire trying to ration his blood supply by putting it in medicinal bottles and hoping they would last. One good thing about him is that he could hire thugs to do his dirty work like capturing Kindred.

Comment

Sounds like the sort of shit a Shadowlord or really any of the more cunning focused Werecreatures might try. The Millionaire becomes a distraction for the kindred of the city and allows people to work their way into his power structure while he's distracted. Also might be a good tactic as an opening round in a Sabbat Seige. I mean the Millionaire IS going to end up dead. Its about how much resources the kindred have to expend dealing with him on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
                    This sounds like an independent ghoul hoping to use the millionaire's resources to assist her in getting her own supply of blood.
                    Yes, I second that.

Comment

Good advice so far guys. The Millionaire himself probably has no idea he is a ghoul and will probably think the craving for Vampire Blood will go away once his disease his cured, which the other ghoul knows is false but lets him think that anyways. I think a great twist would happen during the fight in the millionaire's estate when a Society of Leopold hunter accidentally shatters the guy's blood bottles. Then, the old man flips out, curses everyone out and dies from his sickness. Also, i wonder how vampires could figure it's the millionaire when he mostly sends in thugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                        True. I am thinking about either making her a ghoul herself or perhaps, a hunter. I also need to figure why he believed her.
                        Desperation. Maybe she cut herself and then healed it instantly.

Comment

Yeah, I can see desperation being a thing. Also, the campaign might be set in Miami and it's surrounding areas. The millionaire himself walks with a cane and spends most of the time in his mansion as a recluse hoping that he gets blood soon. I wonder how to fit in Society of Leopold members into this story?

Comment

Why doesn't some vampire just ghoul him and siphon off his fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                              Yeah, I can see desperation being a thing. Also, the campaign might be set in Miami and it's surrounding areas. The millionaire himself walks with a cane and spends most of the time in his mansion as a recluse hoping that he gets blood soon. I wonder how to fit in Society of Leopold members into this story?
                              In a Sabbat stronghold like Miami the Society of Leopold can use the help it can get. Maybe the creation of rogue ghouls is one of their less than moral schemes.

Comment

Working...
                              X