Could this work in V:TM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
    I am not sure they would necessarily Embrace him, as there is no particular reason to when he is blood bound and a ghoul.
    That applies to basically 90% of embraces, though. Vampires don't need to sire if their only desire is slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanos View Post
      That applies to basically 90% of embraces, though. Vampires don't need to sire if their only desire is slaves.
      The only scenario I could see him getting embraced would be if the society was closing in and his vampiric patron was making sure they found their vampire. It was a tactic back in in the dark ages I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post

The only scenario I could see him getting embraced would be if the society was closing in and his vampiric patron was making sure they found their vampire. It was a tactic back in in the dark ages I recall.

I can think of all sorts of Elders thinking "That boy has moxy!"(Especially the Lasombra). Mind you I think those of us who think he'd be rewarded run our Punk scale much higher than others.

And we keep leaving out the most obvious clan to say "FUCK YOU GUYS" who are all about ambition and loyalty forced upon them by blood bounds and magic. Clan Tremere. He may not be mystic but that sort of drive to survive is litterally what drove the clan to exist in the first place.

Malkavians are self obvious about this, and Nos are all about the Spite Embrace. "You want to live forever old man?"
        Last edited by Lian; 08-13-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanos View Post

Especially if they only desire slaves. A childe isn't dependent on their sire to maintain their immortality and supernatural powers, unlike a Ghoul.

As for him being embraced, I don't think their first response to the situation would be to embrace this random stranger who just happened to start hunting down vampires for their blood.

However, it stands to reason that embracing would be in his future if he was able to consistently hunt and capture rival kindred. Any clans looking to add him to their ranks could simply leave anonymous tips directing him to his next target. I doubt a man desperate to live really cares who he goes after, as long as he gets what he wants.

Once he can prove that his skills aren't just a fluke, they'd consider him worthy.

"This guy clearly know how to dispose of undesirable kindred, but our handouts will only satisfy him for so long. We should grab him before somebody else does."

EDIT: Or to add another twist, one of the captured vampires could offer to turn him as part of a plea deal. He gets to live forever (as a piece of trash Caitiff), and the vampire goes free.
          Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-13-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think the Embrace is his inevitable fate. Just that it could readily be such. He could just be blood bound, or "die of natural causes" just that the embrace is an option on the table and could come from just about any clan that's not Giovanni. Unless he's a very distantly related Giovanni who they just found and are bringing back into the fold..

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
              I don't think the Embrace is his inevitable fate. Just that it could readily be such. He could just be blood bound, or "die of natural causes" just that the embrace is an option on the table and could come from just about any clan that's not Giovanni. Unless he's a very distantly related Giovanni who they just found and are bringing back into the fold..

You know, I wasn't going to say the Tremere would be interested... but then again, they indulge in diablerie, and they need 'materials' for creating gargoyles.

But, yeah, for proof that being able to hunt vampires makes you worthy of the embrace, we could look at the plot of Redemption.

Christof Romuald (a crusader for the church) manages to hunt down and slay an elder Tzimisce, and the Bruja decide to seize him before any other clan gets the chance.
              Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-13-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

You know, I wasn't going to say the Tremere would be interested... but then again, they indulge in diablerie, and they need 'materials' for creating gargoyles.

But, yeah, for proof that being able to hunt vampires makes you worthy of the embrace, we could look at the plot of Redemption.

Christof Romuald (a crusader for the church) manages to hunt down and slay an elder Tzimisce, and the Bruja decide to seize him before any other clan gets the chance.

My point on Clan tremere is "I'm afraid I'm going to die so I hunt down vampires" is the genesis of their clan. And they are all about mystic symbolism and the symbolism that one could take from ritually reeancting their clan founding so I am going to add to "Mysterious woman" options a member of clan tremere setting up an elaborate ritual.

Comment

Being a millionaire doesn't mean what it used to. I'd make this guy a billionaire if you're wanting "rich" to be a defining part of his concept.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Yes, there are 11 million millionaires in the USA alone, so they are not even uncommon.

Comment

Making my guy a billionaire does make more sense. I do like the idea of different clans wanting to embrace-ghoul him. If he had a choice, he would join either the Venture or Toredor, But, I doubt he will be given much of a choice. Also, I am picturing the climax being infiltrating the guy's house in either the Rockies or the outskirts of Miami and bringing him back to the Elders while avoiding security guards, Inquisitors and possibly, a angry Sabbat vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                        My point on Clan tremere is "I'm afraid I'm going to die so I hunt down vampires" is the genesis of their clan. And they are all about mystic symbolism and the symbolism that one could take from ritually reeancting their clan founding so I am going to add to "Mysterious woman" options a member of clan tremere setting up an elaborate ritual.
                        Honestly most people snatched by the Tremere aren't even into occult stuff in their mortal lives anyway. They mostly just target people who are intelligent and ambitious. One of the blurbs had a guy who was a haunted house debunker, he thought all the occult stuff was BS but the Tremere liked him because he was smart enough to come up good explanations for phenomena that other people thought were unexplainable. Stripping the mysticism out of old blood magic, or at least formalizing what is and isn't important, is actually a big part of what the Tremere do.

And really, you limit yourself to a pretty sad recruiting pool these days if you only go after people who are into that stuff.

Comment

Well, it would be more effective in cWoD because of the reality of Hedge Magic and the consequences of Embracing a practitioner of Hedge Magic, but I think that the Tremere want people to have a clean slate so they will easily follow the paradigm of the Tremere. Other Clans, however, should be interested in offering Sorcerers to Embrace, as they could always use some magical capabilities that are not attached to the Tremere.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                            Well, it would be more effective in cWoD because of the reality of Hedge Magic and the consequences of Embracing a practitioner of Hedge Magic, but I think that the Tremere want people to have a clean slate so they will easily follow the paradigm of the Tremere. Other Clans, however, should be interested in offering Sorcerers to Embrace, as they could always use some magical capabilities that are not attached to the Tremere.
                            You are literally the only person I've ever heard talk about embracing hedge mages.

Comment

As the Tremere found out when they first became vampires; magical talent as one of the living doesn't translate into undeath.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                                As the Tremere found out when they first became vampires; magical talent as one of the living doesn't translate into undeath.
                                Aya Tari is referring to specific rules for embraced Sorcerers converting their hedge magic or something into equivalent disciplines.

Excluding that though, the Tremere did lose their awakened magic but their talent wasn't exactly untranslatable: their familiarity with awakened magic is what allowed them to develop Thaumaturgy so rapidly.

Comment

Working...
                                X