Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storyteller's Vault open (and shameless self-promotion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storyteller's Vault open (and shameless self-promotion)

The Storyteller's Vault, where you can buy fan-created non-canon material for Vampire: The Masquerade, is now open at http://www.storytellersvault.com/

Aaaaand one of the products you can buy is something I wrote, Denmark by Night (Part One). So, there's that too.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

And it1s good to see that it already has a fair amount of content. Say what you want about WW, but it was a good step and definitely stirred up the internet.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Don't know, it's clear they will crash and burn: a gaming group in Idaho told me so. Waiting for Vampires of Mickey to rescue WOD ... XD
      Really really glad !

Comment

Not sure if selling fansplats and fanfic for more than official products is going to be overly successful......

Comment

You're probably right. If I ever get around to publishing what I'm working on it will definitely be "Pay What You Want".

Comment

Most of it looks like it's priced decently for fan-made material but a couple of them are a bit questionable. In particular that 'A Golconda Story' novel is $12.68CAD, which more than any one WoD novel on DriveThruRPG.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
              Most of it looks like it's priced decently for fan-made material but a couple of them are a bit questionable. In particular that 'A Golconda Story' novel is $12.68CAD, which more than any one WoD novel on DriveThruRPG.
              That may be so, but creators choose how much their products cost, and hopefully if they don't sell, those creators will reduce the cost in future.

Matthew Dawkins
              Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

I will be refraining from offering anything in the Vault. I have no desire to put pennies in White Wolf's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
                  Not sure if selling fansplats and fanfic for more than official products is going to be overly successful......

It was the same with DMs Guild for D&D when it came out, but now the top products there have both great quality and good pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by loomer View Post
                    I will be refraining from offering anything in the Vault. I have no desire to put pennies in White Wolf's pocket.
                    I agree. The new WW is going in directions that I do not like.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post

I agree. The new WW is going in directions that I do not like.

Normally, I agree with this sentiment but the Storyteller's Vault is the first good thing that White Wolf has done since the Paradox buyout. New WW is still awful, but a broken clock is right twice a day and I'm just glad I can submit materials for 1e and 2e (and maybe even V20) in the style that I like.

Currently outlining ideas for a setting for VTM titled "Raleigh by Night", set in North Carolina. I might also submit some VTM fiction of my own, set before the events of Revised, and don't worry, all of my submissions will be very cheap (around $1.00-$4.00 USD)

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post

Normally, I agree with this sentiment but the Storyteller's Vault is the first good thing that White Wolf has done since the Paradox buyout. New WW is still awful, but a broken clock is right twice a day and I'm just glad I can submit materials for 1e and 2e (and maybe even V20) in the style that I like.

Currently outlining ideas for a setting for VTM titled "Raleigh by Night", set in North Carolina. I might also submit some VTM fiction of my own, set before the events of Revised, and don't worry, all of my submissions will be very cheap (around $1.00-$4.00 USD)
                        Yeah, I'm the same way. Not crazy about plenty of the decisions nWW has made so far but the Vault is not one of them. A platform for fans to put out their own material and make a little cash for it is a good idea. And most of pricing of the current products isn't too bad.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Yeah, I'm the same way. Not crazy about plenty of the decisions nWW has made so far but the Vault is not one of them. A platform for fans to put out their own material and make a little cash for it is a good idea. And most of pricing of the current products isn't too bad.

I agree completely. You going to submit anything to the Storyteller's Vault yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post

I agree completely. You going to submit anything to the Storyteller's Vault yourself?
                            Nah, not really. I rarely run games and about the only thing of any real substance that I could compile and put together was a crossover setting between the DA setting and ASoIF which I couldn't put on there anyway.

Comment

Nah, not really. I rarely run games and about the only thing of any real substance that I could compile and put together was a crossover setting between the DA setting and ASoIF which I couldn't put on there anyway.

I understand. But at least we can enjoy the works of other dedicated fans of WoD! It may take a while before I submit anything anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X