Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storyteller's Vault open (and shameless self-promotion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    edited.

    Sad to see the same things spewed over and over and over again by the same people.
    Last edited by Fat Larry; 08-12-2017, 02:49 PM.


    PENTEX SUCKS.

    I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post

      I agree. The new WW is going in directions that I do not like.

      Yeah! Shame on them for opening up community development! Damn them to hell!


      PENTEX SUCKS.

      I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Camilla View Post


        I understand. But at least we can enjoy the works of other dedicated fans of WoD! It may take a while before I submit anything anyway.
        Well that's understandable. Unless you have the documents on hand and in a fairly polished state, changes most people wouldn't have to submit beyond sample character books which I personally loathe as individual books and why I didn't mention that possibility.

        Frankly if I ever do submit anything for the Vault, it would probably just be short stories. And maybe an Introductory Chronicle.

        I've always been a fan of Vampire chronicles where the players start off as humans and end up getting Embraced, especially the Last Supper of the Giovanni Chronicles where the PCs were originally intended to be a meal and get played with by their future Sires. And I've kind of thought that those kinds of stories are a great way to introduce new players to VtM and the WoD.


        Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

        Comment


        • #19
          If you are going to post anything, post it for $0 so that everyone can enjoy it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
            If you are going to post anything, post it for $0 so that everyone can enjoy it.

            I dunno, I think I'd like to make some money off the hard work I put into something.

            Comment


            • #21
              I rather have 20 people enjoy my work than 2 pay for it.

              Comment


              • #22
                True. Chances are my material will be free. If I do sell it, it will be for a very lowball price (we're talking literally $1.00 USD at the most), and I'll only sell it if it took a lot of effort (and I mean a LOT of effort) for me to make.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                  edited.

                  Sad to see the same things spewed over and over and over again by the same people.
                  I know, consistency and economic boycotts can be very boring.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    In fact, I would suggest that everyone who wants to put something up there to put it there for $0. It acts as an economic boycott (nWW gets $0) and it allows everyone who wants to share something to share something.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                      In fact, I would suggest that everyone who wants to put something up there to put it there for $0. It acts as an economic boycott (nWW gets $0) and it allows everyone who wants to share something to share something.

                      If my material is for free, it is because I want it to reach a wider audience, not because I want to boycott White Wolf. I'm done with all this political garbage from both sides. Games do not need to be politicized. If you want to discuss a White Wolf boycott, take it elsewhere. This would be good for the General Discussion board on here, but not in this specific thread. Let's not get off-topic.

                      Keep in mind that I was one of the first people on here to be critical of New White Wolf from the moment they announced their vision for WoD, long before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. I still have strong opinions on Martin Ericsson that I will not repeat for the sake of common decency, but we should count our blessings and be thankful nWW did something right for once.

                      If it helps, I don't think You-Know-Who is working for White Wolf anymore. I think he was just hired to do some artwork for one book as a freelancer and that was it, my opinions of Martin Ericsson and V5 aside.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Is see there is a Pay What You Want Option. Creators could use that if they'd like some compensation for their work but would rather people can access their work than worry about being paid. Since it's on drivethrurpg.com, the creator should be able to set up a suggested donation amount.

                        I'm hoping the model works, because there are so many good ideas out there for OWoD.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by baakyocalder View Post
                          Is see there is a Pay What You Want Option. Creators could use that if they'd like some compensation for their work but would rather people can access their work than worry about being paid. Since it's on drivethrurpg.com, the creator should be able to set up a suggested donation amount.

                          I'm hoping the model works, because there are so many good ideas out there for OWoD.

                          I agree with you on that completely.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by baakyocalder View Post
                            Is see there is a Pay What You Want Option. Creators could use that if they'd like some compensation for their work but would rather people can access their work than worry about being paid. Since it's on drivethrurpg.com, the creator should be able to set up a suggested donation amount.

                            I'm hoping the model works, because there are so many good ideas out there for OWoD.
                            There is a pay what you want option. That's what I'd do if I ever put something on the Vault. Because if people want it, they can have it. If people want to give me a tip for my efforts, that's fine.


                            Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post

                              There is a pay what you want option. That's what I'd do if I ever put something on the Vault. Because if people want it, they can have it. If people want to give me a tip for my efforts, that's fine.

                              I will probably do the same as well.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by loomer View Post

                                I know, consistency and economic boycotts can be very boring.

                                So can bitterness.

                                But you do you, bro.


                                PENTEX SUCKS.

                                I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X