Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storyteller's Vault open (and shameless self-promotion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides, there's no boycott. Some people wowed they won't support WW and that's fine, it's their choice and they have their own reasons. The majority, as I see it, is quite happy about the ST Vault, excited about the upcoming V5 playtest at GenCon and quite content with their LARPs.
    Last edited by PMárk; 08-12-2017, 09:31 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

I doubt that the majority of us LARP (most TT fans do not LARP because there are no local groups with agreeable people). And the majority of the people I know who game from NYC to West Palm Beach are not thrilled about V5. The ST Vault is not a bad idea though, I just wish it was through OPP instead of nWW (after all, this is an OPP forum, so I have to show some support).

Comment

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
        Besides, there's no boycott. Some people wowed they won't support WW and that's fine, it's their choice and they have their own reasons. The majority, as I see it, is quite happy about the ST Vault, excited about the upcoming V5 playtest at GenCon and quite content with their LARPs.
        I'm reasonably sure there is in fact a boycott. I'm boycotting it, afterall, as are quite a few peeps over at SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
          Not sure if selling fansplats and fanfic for more than official products is going to be overly successful......
          I doubt that they even decided that this was something they could make a profit on. Bethesda is doing the same thing, just seems to be the trend these days.

Comment

Originally posted by loomer View Post

I'm reasonably sure there is in fact a boycott. I'm boycotting it, afterall, as are quite a few peeps over at SA.
            And you should indeed go for what you think is the right choice. Although, I still don't see any kind of mass boycotting brewing, but I admit that doesn't mean specific people or smaller circles can't boycott them. It's just, a boycott in my mind is a widespread thing, a kind of economic mass protesting and I'm not seeing that, instead I see a lot of joy and excitement that things started stirring.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

I'm kind of ambivalent about the opening of the storyteller's vault, almost leaning towards unimpressed at the timing - I'd have rather seen this sort of thing open after the new edition of the rules is in a more finished state, so that the initial wave of excitement-fueled releases could be made compatible with the new rule-set and potentially ramp-up the interest in both the new edition and the fan-made materials as a result.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

Meh, I hated V5 from Day One (If I remember correctly, I may have possibly been the first one to express skepticism about V5 and nWW on this forum), and even I admit the Storyteller's Vault is a great thing for the fans. I won't be getting V5 or supporting nWW outside of the Storyteller's Vault, but this program is like a godsend for people like me who prefer the older material from 1e and 2e to the stuff found in Revised, X20*, or the upcoming 5e. It means we can publish our own stuff and acquire other fan material done in the old-school style and not be forced to use the current metaplot if we don't want to. It won't be officially canon, but it will be out there for other like-minded gamers to use for their chronicles.

*-I like the corebooks for V20 and W20, but M20 was where they lost me.

Comment

No boycot here, just a general disinterest in V5. Revised is my edition of choice and I'm only interested in products to the extent they are compatible with this. V20 generally was and it looks like V5 might not be. But since the Storyteller's Vault also applies to earlier editions nu-WW finally got me interested in something.

Comment

I will say that if you post anything on Storyteller's Vault, going the Pay What You Want route is a lot better than uploading it for free, if you want people checking your stuff out. If it's free, people are more likely to dismiss it as something that the author had no faith in.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

I am pretty anti-Vampire V and I think the STV is a great idea. I'm not sure if I'll buy anything from it or write anything for it, but that's mostly because I cannot predict if I will be interested in what gets posted there, nor whether I'll be motivated to write anything, but I'm not going to boycott it or refuse to interact with it on principle. I want WW to do things that I would consider to be appropriate, and this is a very appropriate thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                        I am pretty anti-Vampire V and I think the STV is a great idea. I'm not sure if I'll buy anything from it or write anything for it, but that's mostly because I cannot predict if I will be interested in what gets posted there, nor whether I'll be motivated to write anything, but I'm not going to boycott it or refuse to interact with it on principle. I want WW to do things that I would consider to be appropriate, and this is a very appropriate thing.

I pretty much agree with this sentiment in every way.

Comment

One thing I appreciate is that it signals to me that they likely won't want to pull all the 20th anniversary stuff from OBS, let alone earlier editions. That was a thing that I was a bit concerned about.

Comment

I think the Storytellers Vault is pretty cool.
                            Got the template and the free (well, PWYW) stuff plus a few supplements. Our Lady of Sorrows, Madison by Night and Bloody but Unbowed. Am looking forward to see more.

Comment

I have two questions wrt this, and seeing as its modelled after the GM's Vault thingy for DnD, perhaps those who know of it can answer.

1, How is copyright/IP ownership handled? For example, were I to write up the rinky-dink setting of my equally non-professional LARP into a book, while the original website for it still remains, what happens? Equally, if someone else were to write up that setting, what happens? Are all rights to IP forfeited to nWW?
                              2, What, if any, quality control is/will be there? What stops the Vault from being flooded by total crap?

How did WOTC handle this?

Comment

Working...
                              X