Simple Ghoul question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Ghoul question

Could one alter a dialysis machine and link it up with other dialysis machines so that the blood cycles from one vampire to other subjects allowing him to Ghoul a large number of people with out reducing their blood pool? The kindred would have the main unit which links up to multiple other units where those machines transfer blood to him cycle it through his body and then return it back to the person on the other end?

Like the Sun I am relentless even in death...

I don't know exactly how a dialysis functions, but the theory seems sound. Cycling out one's blood to a human, then cycling back in other blood. But it'd be the equivalent of just feeding them a drop them feeding a drop from them from what I see.

Comment

would this accelerate the blood bond effect?

Comment

I'm not sure this would work. The sort of blood you need to give a human a blood transfusion isn't that type you find within a reanimated corpse. Vitae is dead blood, it'll do damage. So the point of blood that makes these people ghouls might immediately need to be spent to heal.

Originally posted by Rahod View Post
        No, three separate nights remains three separate nights.

Comment

Theoretically yes, you could infuse kindred blood into that of mortals through a modified dialysis machine. I suppose that would make them ghouls. Practically this seems inefficient since the kindred could just allow them to feed from him and they would be ghouls anyway, and that would be far faster.

(Dialysis is not a blood transfusion, It is a method of cleansing the blood of impurities in the place of kidney function).

Comment

Originally posted by Rahod View Post
            No, you have to do it on three separate nights to blood bond someone.

Malkavian87
            I don't think it would do damage. Nothing says that injecting it with say, a syringe, is noted as dangerous or damaging. I'm not trying to cop out with 'magic', but 'magic'.

Comment

But we're talking a full blood point. Which is the contents of a bloodbag, not just a syringe.

Comment

I'm not really sure how this is working. As mentioned dialysis isn't a blood transfusion. All the blood comes out of the patient. All the blood goes back into the patient.

And what point does your vitae come into the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by Zanos View Post
                  I'm not really sure how this is working. As mentioned dialysis isn't a blood transfusion. All the blood comes out of the patient. All the blood goes back into the patient.

And what point does your vitae come into the mix?

The way I see this working is: blood is taken from the person then transfers from them then through the machine then into the Kindred then from the kindred and through the machine and back into the person it started from.

This whole concept is something I am working on which a Kindred who owns a dialysis center and how he ghouls all the people there with out anyone noticing. His clients just think he is amazing Doctor who can cure things. (But not really he is just ghoul'ing them)

Comment

It wouldn't go unnoticed very long. His patients are likely to crush the doorknob as they exist the building. And they'll be jonesing real bad for their next fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                      But we're talking a full blood point. Which is the contents of a bloodbag, not just a syringe.
                      I used the term syringe, but I just meant any sort of injection, which is a suggested means of ghouling.

Comment

Surely if you passed the blood through the ghoul then removed it that would kill the ghoul.

Comment

Why not just use Engaging the Vessel of Transference on some sort of object and let him touch it?

Comment

No, it wouldn't work. Dialysis machines are basically very complex filters and the blood is in a sterile, closed cycle to avoid infection. You'd have to build a new machine from the bottom up to install a blood bag, have it integrated and be added to the patient. Also: Dialysis center measure a patient's weight before and after and 2/3 of a kilo added after the procedure is a big red flag for everyone (after all, you are not supposed to have any more or less blood in you afterwards). It's a cute idea though. .

Comment

As we know, dialysis clinics run by vampires are up to standards in WoD.

Comment

Working...
                              X