Obsolete Disciplines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsolete Disciplines

There are a number of disciplines throughout the versions that have been removed. Path of Warding (Dark Ages Companion) and Immanence of Set are among them. What are the other "missing" disciplines (or Paths) and where do they appear?

Deimos
    ·
    Kai
    ·
    Kineticism
    ·
    Maleficia
    ·
    Nihilistics
    ·
    Rift
    ·
    Striga

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Discipline_(VTM)

Comment

Well Deimos was absorbed/transformed/rewritten as the Path of Four Humours. Same for Nihilistics into Vitreous Path. But the others yep. I am sure there are a dozen more path that haven't been rewritten in the V20/DV20 line may or may not ever be rewritten.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else do that as well, but I like to keep all version of each discipline as if, old knowledge that only very ancient vampire know. The rewrite, retcon of discipline are learnt by /taught to, new vampire. For example I like to believe that the eldest of the Capadocian clan still has access to the Original discipline of Mortis (The Discipline, not the Path), that Augustus Giovanni and his bloodline have simply found a way to streamline the power of the discipline into a more hermetic 5 level path of Necromancy, but that the Cappadocian who were embrace before Augustus are still able to cast the original power of Mortis and so have access to level 5 and above, which the practioners of Necromancy are unable to do, due to its 5 level limitation.

For example; I also like to give the eldest members of the Giovanni Clan access to the Dark ages Mortis Paths, like Nigrimancy (which kind of evolved into The Sepulchre Path) as a special variant of The Sepulchre Path treating it as a Necromancy Path.

Comment

Working...
        X