PCs becoming Wights; any experiences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCs becoming Wights; any experiences?

I've played two PCs who have fallen to Humanity 1; one adopted a Path, the other committed suicide because she feared Wassail. I've had a few PCs in my games fall to Humanity 1; one of them recovered, one killed herself, and the rest (five I think?) ended up on Paths (the settings contained NPCs on Paths).

In each case, they've taken some form of decisive action before Wassail became an issue. I wonder if any of you have experiences with a PC (or major NPC) actually becoming a Wight? I've used Wights as plot points in my games (a Gargoyle who pretends to be a Wight so that people will underestimate him, and a future antagonist who uses her Animalism to "tame" Wights), but other than that they've not come up often. I'd be interested in reading any stories you have about them in your games.

I have a NPC who is either H1 or H2, he was recently captured by the PCs and friendly NPCs. One of the PCs may (or may not) have the power to tame the Beast and the local Prince wanted to see if he was, indeed, capable of this. He may or may not become a wights depending on the PC's actions!

Comment

I was in a Sabbat game. One of my fellow players/packmates had gotten to two humanity. He diablerizes some infernalist we had tracked down, and botches his humanity roll. Boom! His last two humanity points gone, instant wight. It was actually a funny "oh crap" moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
        I was in a Sabbat game. One of my fellow players/packmates had gotten to two humanity. He diablerizes some infernalist we had tracked down, and botches his humanity roll. Boom! His last two humanity points gone, instant wight. It was actually a funny "oh crap" moment.

Diablerizing infernalists, that's some hardcore stuff

Comment

Infernalists; not even once.

I'm sure in their last moments the Infernalist got some joy out of totally ruining their foe haha.

So what happened next? I assume that you all killed the Wight? Or did it take you a while to realize it wasn't just a Frenzy? If I were a Tzimisce in that party I'd be tempted to turn them into a pet but that's just me :P
          Last edited by 11twiggins; 09-13-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

We immediately killed him. Which in retrospect we probably shouldn't. It's not like our characters can hear the ST saying that the guy wassails. But in the heat of the moment we immediately attacked. It was actually a pretty good fight, as the two of us who weren't wights had used most of our blood fighting the infernalist.

Comment

Not a bad deal for the infernalist - he got out of a one way ticket to eternal torment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hideamuro View Post

Not a bad deal for the infernalist - he got out of a one way ticket to eternal torment.
                Haha, very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hideamuro View Post
                  Would he? I mean diablerie supposedly destroys the soul of the diablerized. Can't go to hell if there is no soul to send there. Could this be a loophole out of Faustian bargains?

Also, what would have happened if the infernalist had successfully possessed the diablerist after they dropped into Wassail? Would the diablerist's body/infernalist's consciousness be locked into wassail, since it would be two beasts versus 1 infernalist "rational" soul? Or would you use the Humanity (or whatever path they were on) of the infernalist?

Comment

Working...
                  X