Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a relationship between a Ventrue and a Brujah work out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a relationship between a Ventrue and a Brujah work out?

I’m working on ideas for NPCs and a thought I’d had for my current RP character’s backstory, he’s a young Brujah Rocker, with the composing skill, musicianship, and voice to rival Toreador musicians, albeit at the pinnacle of physical conditioning, and a master of Hand-to-Hand combat, who was manipulated and warped by his sire, an Anarch Elder, into an Anarch Shocktroop and pirate, little better than a Sabbat Shovelhead.

During the years between his embrace and the modern era, he found himself falling for a Ventrue Nobleman (currently a Toreador), who was in awe of his beauty and artistry (His Charisma, Appearance, and Performance skill are maxed out, on top of the merit Enchanting Voice), he did find him unfortunately uncultured however, which he believed he could fix in time.

Unfortunately in the current version, the Brujah remained an Anarch, however in a world where Klaus was able to show Jack how his sire had manipulated, used, and destroyed him (going so far as to kill the love of his life, in addition to turning him into a shocktroop), getting him to turn on his sect, and kill his own sire, what would a relationship between those two look like?

Would romance be a real component, or would the Ventrue simply be possessive of what he saw as his?

Would their age difference (150 year old Ventrue and a 70 year old Brujah) make much of a difference, what kind of effect would it have on their relationship?

Would such a pairing even be viable?

(Sorry if this is too long, but I do find the idea of a Brujah and a Ventrue as friends let alone lovers to be an intriguing one.)

Consider character, not clan, when you're determining if people are compatible.

The romance won't "work out" because it's World of Darkness. Positive, real, loving relationships are barely possible for humans, let alone vampires. Even if they aren't trying to exploit each other, someone is going to leverage their genuine emotions for one another as a tool to further their own goals in the Jyhad. This is especially true here, where a Ventrue and a Brujah are involved, especially an anarch who you've described as "little better than a Sabbat Shovelhead." Both characters will suffer tremendously for their involvement.

Comment

A business relationship or political partnership between a Brujah and Ventrue would work out - it's actually the common state of affairs in the Camarilla. They are more alike than either side would admit.

As for an earnest romance, they could choose to go forward with it of course, but it would at least raise eyebrows, and most likely destroy the Ventrue's clan prestige and the Brujah's reputation. As with most undead romances, it would also be guaranteed to end in tragedy.

For an example of unlikely romances, you can check out the Clan Novels, which have a Malkavian prince whose 'wife' is a Ventrue, and the Victorian Age trilogy, where Beckett the Gangrel has one with a newly embraced Tremere. Neither one works out.

Comment

Zanos Ex-Anarch to be specific, and one hell of a fighter. Though his status would most definitely cause some problems.

Comment

Define work. I mean nothing lasts forever. Could there be feelings between them? Yes. Will it fall appart eventually? absolutely. Most marriages end in divorce, most relationships break up. This is just how things are. Add in having eternity to find issue means things will inevitably fall apart. Could they be lovers for a century? Perhaps.

Comment

To take a page from the Flash tv series, Captain Cold (Ventrue) and Mick Rory (Brujah) are pretty much your stock characters for polar opposites who work well together. As far as a lover dynamic combined with polar opposites, you can take inspiration from the classic Batman & Cat Woman combo.

​As long as the characters are compatible in an operational sense, the interpersonal stuff tends to have its ups and downs, but always falls in line eventually.

Comment

Eh, stranger things have happened. As Zanos noted, the clan is mostly a social group, not the be-all, end-all of personality. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't, maybe it works for a time, maybe it's the reason for someone to get that elusive merit called True Love.

Comment

In my PC group, the closest characters are a Brujah and Ventrue. They would go to hell and back for each other, and it helps that the Ventrue is in her "teenage phase" somewhat and wants to become more badass in combat, closer to the "knight ventrue" ideal, and the Brujah is helping her with it. And having a bit of fun (he managed to convince her that the best place to learn was a Brujah fight club, and she decided that Ventrue pride of course required her not to hide her clan to any of those angry guys). Il also helps that the Brujah has a weird fascination with shiny things and expensive human food and she keeps inviting him in posh restaurants. It also helps that the Brujah doesn't have a sire anymore, while HER sire is very pushy, he's not ambitious, she is, so his wants and her wants are usually not conflicting.

That and they keep sending tremere dudes to Australia, and that creates bonds.

Comment

No relationship will ever work out for vampires. They are the damned. All love dies.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    No relationship will ever work out for vampires. They are the damned. All love dies.

Now now now, maybe the younger will eat the soul of the elder so they can be together forever....

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Now now now, maybe the younger will eat the soul of the elder so they can be together forever....
                      I've had that on one of my game. An old Sabbat inquisitor was vanquished in combat and managed to convince another vampire to diablerize him without destroying his soul. Now he keeps manifesting in his "captors" dreams and calls her his wife. That was probably the sexiest diablerie ever, but I'm quite sure there are some vampires out there who were ready to buy the "let's become one because we love each others <3".

Comment

Originally posted by Kalendeer View Post

I've had that on one of my game. An old Sabbat inquisitor was vanquished in combat and managed to convince another vampire to diablerize him without destroying his soul. Now he keeps manifesting in his "captors" dreams and calls her his wife. That was probably the sexiest diablerie ever, but I'm quite sure there are some vampires out there who were ready to buy the "let's become one because we love each others <3".
                        Love is light in the darkness. Some people use it to leave the basement... other people use it to move deeper into the catecombs(same with faith)

Comment

Is it actually canon that a vampire can resist digesting the other vampire's soul after diablerizing him? Because I would tend to think that the beast would just shred anything that is a threat to its own identity.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
                            Is it actually canon that a vampire can resist digesting the other vampire's soul after diablerizing him? Because I would tend to think that the beast would just shred anything that is a threat to its own identity.
                            Not something I've ever heard of. Current rules even only have the situation being related to low generation Kindred, and even then only as a possibility. So it seems unlikely it could be done willingly, unless one had advanced knowledge of say, Thaumaturgy or Necromancy. Though, some older edition might say more on it.

As for the relationship, it depends on the individuals (as clan stereotypes are not all present aspects), the location (how heavy handed their clan presence is, mainly for the Ventrue), and how involved their sires are (given they probably have opinions on the matter). But there certainly could be a romance between the two. The age difference probably wouldn't have an extremely significant difference, though I imagine a Ventrue twice the age of a Brujah might view them as a bit juvenile at times.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

Degeneration can often lead to derangements, like believing the person you ate is a voice in your head...

Comment

Working...
                              X