Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any book reveal what happened to set in 33 AD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any book reveal what happened to set in 33 AD?

in later ages setites desire to resurrect him... even though even they, do not claim he died that year

I actually answered that question in game through a Methuselah that was present at the time. This is headcannon only, but Set became convinced that the only way to win against Osiris and Horus was to usurp Osiris throne in the underworld. He personally murdered a boatload of his clan to fuel the ritual that transported him and his little coterie of 4th gens across the Shroud, then was lol-stomped by the wraithly armies that were waiting for him. As a result, he was stuck in a Voldemort kind of situation, waiting for the rituals to be done in the mortal world to return him to life.

Said rituals requiring the willing sacrifice of a direct childer of Set to return him. Of whom only Kemintiri and Sobek survived.

This decimation of Setite elders in Egypt “coincidentally” preceded the annexation of Egypt as a Roman province, incidentally. Yes, that pushes Set’s vanishing to the BCs, but whatev.

I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

The Malkavian Madness Network

Comment

I think the Werewolves killed him. Or at the very least beat him to topor. After which he then placed the curse upon the Silent Striders.

Comment

I always thought the year was supposed to be significant.

Comment

Maybe he got really upset about that Jesus guy getting crucified. Set always was a soft touch.

Matthew Dawkins
          Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Or maybe he decided to take a stroll during the three hours the sky darkened and got caught out without his SPF 1000 sunblock when the darkness lifted. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
              Or maybe he decided to take a stroll during the three hours the sky darkened and got caught out without his SPF 1000 sunblock when the darkness lifted. Oops!
              Considering this is a thing in Serpentis that's extra embarrassing.

Comment

Either the LS book or the Guide to the Low Clans (I think) says that he spent three nights screaming and ranting in his sarcophagus, telepathically pouring a mass of incoherent prophecy into his childer's minds. Then he falls silent, and his sarcophagus is found shattered, with parts embedded deeply into the surrounding walls. He's presently missing, presumed (still) undead

Comment

Working...
                X