This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckett's Jyhad Diary errata thread

Please contribute your typos, errors, or visual glitches here.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

It released to backers already?

(Being one of them, I'm just wondering on that one)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkK View Post
      It released to backers already?

(Being one of them, I'm just wondering on that one)

Please keep non-errata discussion to other threads. This thread is for errata only.

An update for backers should be going out shortly.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

p. 544: "Kindred tell stories X about themselves..." (the X represents a box) -- It's meant to be an em-dash, but according to Google it's actually a "horizontal bar" character, which is probably why the font doesn't contain it.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

Page 25, two lines from the bottom. "Tongue meet" instead of "tongue meat"

"The phrase 'flies on the heads of pins' appeared 43 times in that journal, sometimes in the middle of sentences or written in the margins."

Comment

p. 114: "Ocean View Hotel." The location from Bloodlines is the "Ocean House Hotel," although perhaps it was renamed after it was renovated and reopened by Therese Voerman.

p. 139: "Group 4: The Independents." Headers for Group 1 (p. 137), Group 2 (p. 138), and Group 3 (p. 139) are all bolded, but Group 4 is not.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

pg. 13: "where I might bring them to you in two several months hence." As this is a draft, perhaps the "two several months" is correct, but if not intentional, it doesn't make sense.
              "Noddist tomes to the most perverted debased Fiend in this hemisphere?" There should be a comma between "perverted" and "debased."
              pg. 14: "that ghastly Victor, and the monstrous Mortius" There should be no comma there.
              "if you've seen the original Book I'd be grateful to know where" There should be a comma between "Book" and "I'd."
              pg. 18: "The magic in the Marquette University" Either "the" should be deleted, or a clarification about an exact location in Marquette should be inserted.

pg. 19: "Decker lacks pull where Inyanga has the ear of many" This is tough, since if you're talking specifically about Chicago, it's fine, but if you mean more broadly, then there should be a comma between "pull" and "where."

pg. 20: "More are sent to track Carna herself, and bring her back into the fold." Delete the comma.

pg. 21: "Now she's confused, and followed" Delete the comma.

pg. 23: "might afford me the opportunities to look into some loose ends" I think it should be "opportunity" instead of "opportunities."

pg. 24: "relic of a bygone auction, no doubt, kept alive" One of the commas should be deleted, depending on if "no doubt" refers to the auction or being kept alive.
              "Through wetlands, forests, small towns, and cornfields. Our route..." The period should be a comma and "Our" decapitalized.
              pg. 25: "infant son, and the bag breaks." Delete the comma.
              The handwritten annotation is not "signed" with an initial.
              pg. 30: "I did not. Just a theory..." Should be "I do not"? Is Beckett saying he presently doesn't "know" Inyanga is Laibon, or is he saying that he didn't know this until now?

pg. 33: "only a single painting, and a little boy in a dark suit." Delete the comma.

pg. 34: "spoiled brat with inheritance" "An" should be inserted between "with" and "inheritance."

pg. 45: The "i" in "naive" is not rendering.
              "(targeting each other, rather than our kind this time around)" Add a comma after "kind," as "rather than our kind" is parenthetical to the statement.
              pg. 46: "so far mostly innocents, careless monsters and idiots have been caught in the crossfire." Add a comma between "monsters" and "idiots."

pg. 47: "his own strings eventually, and decides" Delete the comma.

pg. 49: "to the property, and his confirmed his residence" Delete the comma.

pg. 51: "I attempted to mediate, and received" Delete the comma.

pg. 52: This may be intentional, as I can see a postcard being written this way, but if not... "This Historic Shrine with its setting of Cherry Blossoms is one of the most beautiful sights in Springtime, and is visited by thousands each year." "Cherry Blossoms" and "Springtime" really shouldn't be capitalized, and I'm looking crosseyed at "Historic Shrine" as well. There should be commas around "with its setting of Cherry Blossoms" and no comma between "Springtime" and "and."
              "has to offer, and found it wanting" Delete the comma.
              Last edited by Anaximander; 11-01-2017, 01:45 AM.

Comment

p. ii: "...Beckett’s Jyhad Diary is as fascinating to read as to use for your game Chronicles." -- game is redundant, I think
                p. 19: "Washington D.C." -- should be a comma before D.C.
                Last edited by Yossarian; 11-03-2017, 05:24 AM.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                  pg. 13: "where I might bring them to you in two several months hence." As this is a draft, perhaps the "two several months" is correct, but if not intentional, it doesn't make sense.
                  It's a more common phrasing in British English (or at least formal English); it means "distinct".

Comment

pg. 53: "There's another civil war brewing and the Crusade keeps growing." Add a comma between "brewing" and "and."
                    "The Sabbat hierarchy's a mess and it's best not to throw in until..." Add a comma between "mess" and "and."
                    "I will hold a city of vampires loyal to me, for the freedom I've brought them." Delete the comma.
                    pg. 55: "thick blood and stay free and in the end" Insert a comma between "free" and "and."
                    "for our kind, and a text that didn't even exist" Delete comma.
                    "I'll finance your expeditions and you'll help me." Insert comma between "expeditions" and "and."
                    "wither on the vine, and declare the end times" Delete comma.
                    pg. 56: "on the earth and the ruler of a mighty city" Insert comma between "earth" and "and."
                    "at the memorial, and was swiftly" Delete comma.
                    pg. 57: "for Vitel of his sellout talk" Replace "of" with "or."
                    "J.P" Add period after "P."
                    pg. 59: "Vitel is at once impressed" Delete the "once."
                    There is an extra space between the bullet point and "Vykos."
                    In the same bullet point of chronicle ideas, all the ", or" should have no commas.
                    pg. 60: This might be a difference of style, but I think it should be "off-limits" rather than "off limits."
                    "Camarilla-Sabbat war, and arrange to have them" Delete the comma.
                    pg. 61: "Camelot Club, and was suspended" Delete the comma.
                    On the last bullet point of the chronicle threads, "The" is not fully tabbed over from the bullet point itself.
                    The third bullet point under Hollywood for Ugly People genders Vykos as "he" where everything else uses "them"/"they."
                    "the occupying Sabbat, when the Warlocks" Delete the comma.
                    pg. 62: "Fatima Al-Faqadi who, for some inconceivable reason, was supposed to be here." Insert a comma between "Al-Faqadi" and "who."

pg. 64: "St. Louis, Missouri where he assumed a Primogen seat" Insert a comma between "Missouri" and "where."
                    "bad news by saying 'Why should I get upset...'" Insert a comma between "saying" and the quote.
                    pg. 65: "into being Prince, and is too high profile to set on fire!" Delete the comma.
                    "Voodoo as a religion and Wangateurs" Insert a comma between "religion" and "and."
                    pg. 66: "Red Box of Loz and she will be bound." Insert a comma between "Loz" and "and."

pg. 72: "were interesting in conversing" "Interesting" should be "interested."

pg. 75: "if she proves powerful and stable enough the Camarilla" Insert a comma between "enough" and "the."

pg. 76: "new Sabbat capitol" Should be "capital."

pg. 78: "but apparently, she's in London" Delete the comma.

pg. 88: "not before and I'm no ally of the Sabbat." Insert a comma between "before" and "and."

pg. 89: "putative victims verifying their identities" Possibly insert a comma between "victims" and "verifying." This is one I'm not sure about. I think it might be fine either way. pg. 91: "opportunity, and seized it." Delete the comma.
                    "who has what it means to be deified." Shouldn't it be "has what it takes to be deified" or "knows what it means to be deified"?
                    "By 2010 now, there will be few" Delete the now.
                    pg. 92: "for services to him but also out of the hope" Insert a comma between "him" and "but."
                    "spies of their own who to infiltrate" Delete "who."
                    pg. 93: "will be wresting for control." "Wresting" should be "wrestling."
                    "still inside Coven only awaiting someone to free him" I think there should be a comma between "Coven" and "only."
                    "internal war, and conspire to ensure" Delete the comma.
                    "preserved into new personalities" "Into" should be "in."

Comment

p. 25 "Can practically hear Rod Serling monologue and grin, monologue and grin."

Duplicate phrase, please remove that and the comma. Should read as:

"Can practically hear Rod Serling monologue and grin."

Comment

Page 212, last paragraph " ...even if you are Fatimah al-Lam'a, Lasombra badass." Fatimah al-Lam'a is an assamite, not lasombra.

Comment

p39 : the second [Crunch] is not bold and not centered.
                          p67 : who is Purrell ? When Beckett names the participants in the teleconference p63, he does not mention anyone named Purrell. However, given the tone used by this Purrell towards Pieterzoon p67, would not he be Del Monte?

Originally posted by Vendrin View Post
                          Page 212, last paragraph " ...even if you are Fatimah al-Lam'a, Lasombra badass." Fatimah al-Lam'a is an assamite, not lasombra.
                          Fatimah al-Lam'a is well Lasombra (cf. Cairo by Night). You probably confuse with Fatima al-Faqadi.
                          Last edited by Valentinus; 11-02-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

pg. 94: "printing emails, chat logs and the like." Insert comma between "logs" and "and."
                            "How am I suppose to take it" Should be "supposed."
                            "check in" I think it should be "check-in."
                            pg. 97: "the true nature of Clan Assamite... or the Web of Knives" Since in every other instance of ellipses in the transcriptions has no space between the third period and the next word, the space between "..." and "or" should be deleted.

pg. 98: "infidels, heretics and cowards" Insert comma between "heretics" and "and."

pg. 99: "translation reviewed, he will vouch" The comma should be a semi-colon, or it should be a period, and "he" capitalized, to make two sentences.

pg. 100: "Baali Wars of antiquity, and was active" Delete the comma.

pg. 101: "Sorcerer Caste with an unparalleled" Insert a comma between "Caste" and "with."
                            "-Yet" Delete the dash.
                            pg. 104: "Suddenly, HASSAN his head forward and begins vomiting" There is a missing word between HASSAN and "his." Moved? Jerked?

pg. 107: "openminded" should be "open-minded."
                            "feel unwelcome while Princes" Insert a comma between "unwelcome" and "while."
                            pg. 108: "(or at least, Haqim" Delete the comma.
                            "younger terrified Assamites" Insert comma between "younger" and "terrified."
                            "scramble to scramble to disassociate" Delete stutter.

Comment

p. 23: "the Book of the Grave-War and the Eye of Hazimel." -- wrong font: the italics change Beckett's handwritten font into the default typeface.

Comment

Working...
                              X