No announcement yet.

Beckett's Jyhad Diary backer PDF live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckett's Jyhad Diary backer PDF live!

Well hello there unexpected Halloween gift!

Yeah, if you haven't got it already, the backer PDFs should be getting sent out. I've got mine at least.

Time to check back in to everyone's favorite Gangrel historian/archeologist.

EDIT: ...holy shit this is a dense book. Clocks in at over 560 pages...which means it's actually LONGER then the core V20 book!
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 10-31-2017, 03:55 PM.

w00t! I am so excited. I was just yesterday checking my open Kickstarters and noticing that it was supposed to deliver some months ago. And then I went, it has to be published before V5, since it will consolidate the metaplot for V5 and form the basis going forward. I am so happy. Now I have to go reading.

Comment

Does anyone knows if i preorder the pdf now,do i get it today?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        EDIT: ...holy shit this is a dense book. Clocks in at over 560 pages...which means it's actually LONGER then the core V20 book!
        Holy shit indeed. Wow, just wow.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Enjoy, ladies and gentlemen!

Matthew Dawkins
          Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
            Enjoy, ladies and gentlemen!
            I Feel Like i would be remiss if i didnt tell you how thankful i am for the work you and Neall Price did it in thiss book,thank you Gentleman

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              I Feel Like i would be remiss if i didnt tell you how thankful i am for the work you and Neall Price did it in thiss book,thank you Gentleman
              It's been one hell of a piece of work, as you can see. I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.
              Last edited by The Gentleman Gamer; 10-31-2017, 09:00 PM.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Damn! This...this is going to take some time.

Going to finish Stranger Things Season 2, then dive head first into this monster.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Based on what I have read so far(which is only two chapters), it seems to be a story all its own but with seeds and interactions that are useful when roleplaying or creating a chronicle. If that's the case, is it intended to be just a really long chronicle that a group could go through? Because if so, that's pretty cool. I mean I know its also a reference for the plots and stories that exist in world of darkness(which I admit I know nothing about as I was recommended to back this as my first book), but I was just curious if it was intended to run a really long chronicle or something.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
                  -Zhuangzi

Comment

Originally posted by Ostarion View Post
                    Based on what I have read so far(which is only two chapters), it seems to be a story all its own but with seeds and interactions that are useful when roleplaying or creating a chronicle. If that's the case, is it intended to be just a really long chronicle that a group could go through? Because if so, that's pretty cool. I mean I know its also a reference for the plots and stories that exist in world of darkness(which I admit I know nothing about as I was recommended to back this as my first book), but I was just curious if it was intended to run a really long chronicle or something.
                    You could but you don't necessarily have to.

My reading (which is only the first chapter) suggests that you could could either go the epic globe-trotting chronicle tracking the Book of the Grave-War or for smaller chronicles on just the city. For instance, if you JUST want to run a chronicle set in Milwaukee and go through as the place falls apart with a threat of a Sabbat invasion, you totally could. Enough of the plot seeds listed in the back of the chapter I see as, with the right presentation, being disassociated enough with the Book of the Grave-War stuff that you could run them as self-contained material fine enough.

Comment

I was not expecting a Nathan Barley reference. (The Cook Islands IP address.)

Craig Oxbrow
                      The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Oxbrow View Post
                        I was not expecting a Nathan Barley reference. (The Cook Islands IP address.)
                        That's totally fucking Mexico.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Any chance we could see something for a playable write up of hte Drowned Legacies?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            Any chance we could see something for a playable write up of hte Drowned Legacies?
                            I loved writing them. I had the help of three fantastic experts in the field of south and central American mythology.

I imagine you'd need a full book to cover them completely. You'd have to send an email to White Wolf stating the demand for one

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised that the book treats all parts of the World of Darkness with respect and includes them. Even the original New Orleans by Night is referenced, Warwick gets mentioned and we finally find out what happened to Aunt Bedelia. Also Southron Lords seem to be a thing again. Pretty impressive.
                              Also the return of Ilias cel Frumos... Last seen in Road of Sin and Dark Ages Clan Novel Tzimisce...

Also, there seem to be some hints on what's happening in the Middle East or rather why it is happening from a WoD perspective.

All in all cool so far.

Now I am getting the urge to put up a New Orleans by Night book in the Storytellers Vault. I've always envisoned that the city needs a "Voodoo Queen" instead of a prince.
                              Last edited by Murder-of-Crows; 11-01-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X