Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beckett's Jyhad Diary backer PDF live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    I'm actually surprised at some of the more...comedic lines found here. Granted I'm glad that it's not a completely dry read, but I wasn't expecting the amount of lines in here that have me bursting out with laughter.
    I'm not surprised at all! The best parts of the books are the ones where the writers were clearly having a blast with the material.

    "[INTERIOR SCENE. NIGHT. The protagonist BECKETT is angrily pulling his pants up after being subjected to a strip search between scenes. He continues getting dressed through the first part of the scene. The room is set up like a communications center, with a bank of TV screens. All are dark except the main screen which shows JAN PIETERZOON. BECKETT and PIETERZOON clearly have a history, and are antagonistic to one another in this scene, although the sexual tension and homoerotic subtext should be obvious to the audience.]"

    I love VtM books so much <3


    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Chesh View Post

      I'm not surprised at all! The best parts of the books are the ones where the writers were clearly having a blast with the material.
      Yeaaa I dug this scene too.

      Plus the idea of a Malkavian making their own VtM slash fanfic just makes way too much damn sense.

      Comment


      • #48
        Will it be available for non-backers before Christmas? I weren't able to back it at the time but it would be a nice present for myself.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Coridan View Post
          How does a non-backer get their hands on this? I'm currently running a game set in 1672 Jamaica and would love the info on the drowned legacies.
          Once errata have been collected, and it goes to Matthew for inputting the errata, and then it goes to Mike for applying those errata to the files, then checked for proofing, then a PoD proof is ordered, proofed again, and if everything's kosher, then it's put up for sale to the public.


          Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager

          Comment


          • #50
            Hi, just to congratulate the writers of the different parts of the Diary. Bravo! There are some parts a little frustrating, but it was to be expected (some dates still remain unclear - from when did officiate the Shadow Curtain, the (even approximative) date of the Feast of Folly, when did the Second City fall *kof kof* - while they are easier to pierce than some secrets unveiled in the book). I particularly enjoyed the most global view of the world and the partial decentralization of the Sabbat and (to a lesser extent) the Camarilla.

            Good work !
            Last edited by Valentinus; 11-17-2017, 12:05 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

              Once errata have been collected, and it goes to Matthew for inputting the errata, and then it goes to Mike for applying those errata to the files, then checked for proofing, then a PoD proof is ordered, proofed again, and if everything's kosher, then it's put up for sale to the public.
              How much errata did you get? I've just started reading the early pdf the other week, a few chapters a day. Stumbled over lots of inconcistencies, especially in chronological references between the chapters. Such as several references to Jerusalem before the Jerusalem chapter or other encounters before Beckett's even been there (Such as in the Hazimel-chapter). Seems you guys threw around the order of the stories without addressing that in the actual texts. And now... it seems too late to point all those errors out, so I hope others did. It's such a great book, it deserve to be free from unnecessary flaws like that.



              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by IgnyteZero View Post

                How much errata did you get? I've just started reading the early pdf the other week, a few chapters a day. Stumbled over lots of inconcistencies, especially in chronological references between the chapters. Such as several references to Jerusalem before the Jerusalem chapter or other encounters before Beckett's even been there (Such as in the Hazimel-chapter). Seems you guys threw around the order of the stories without addressing that in the actual texts. And now... it seems too late to point all those errors out, so I hope others did. It's such a great book, it deserve to be free from unnecessary flaws like that.
                There was a fair amount of errata we've now incorporated. In terms of chronological references, the documents are not all in order and aren't dated. The reason for this being that some chapters take months (or longer) to pass, meaning there has to be some overlap that would have been messy had it been written in chronological order.


                Matthew Dawkins
                Freelance Writer and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

                Comment


                • #53
                  How much long before it is released via DriveThruRPG?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post
                    How much long before it is released via DriveThruRPG?
                    "When it's ready".

                    ...yeah, there's no definitive release window. Ideally a few months from now, but shit can happen. You never know.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X