Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V20 Dark ages: roads for my character ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • V20 Dark ages: roads for my character ideas?

    So I’m going to be playing a V20dark ages game as an Assamite vizier. He won’t be Muslim, we’ll be playing elders, so he’s been embraced before even Christianity. Basically he’s a quite a traditional Assamite vizier, except he’s going to be big in political manoeuvres from the shadows type thing. Not much of a fight guy. What road works for this? I thought of road of kings, path of Deana or Path of blood but is that only warriors? And any ideas for nature and demeanor or anything else?

  • #2
    If you're an elder, the Zoroastrian believe would be fitting. There is a weird path in the DA Companion Book but I find that one rather silly(it's basically two roads and more aligned with humanity than the Road of Heaven)
    I can give you the road my ST and I came up with for my Assamite Sorcerer, if you are interested.
    Otherwise you can never go wrong with Road of Kings.
    Last edited by Meldok; 12-07-2017, 03:09 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      What's your character's obsession? For that bloodline, it's kind of character defining.

      I can't imagine someone obsessed with "collecting fine porcelain" following Road of the Beast, or someone obsessed with "helping holy men to serve the poor" following Path of the Devil.

      Though, I suppose, a vizier whose obsession was at odds with his path might make for interesting rp, it could be difficult to explain in the backstory.

      Comment


      • #4
        Road of Kings, Path of the Vizier?


        What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
          What's your character's obsession? For that bloodline, it's kind of character defining.

          I can't imagine someone obsessed with "collecting fine porcelain" following Road of the Beast, or someone obsessed with "helping holy men to serve the poor" following Path of the Devil.

          Though, I suppose, a vizier whose obsession was at odds with his path might make for interesting rp, it could be difficult to explain in the backstory.
          His obsession is with politics, and secrets. Finding out secrets and using those to climb the political ladder, all from the shadows.

          Path of vizier fits nicely. But if that's a recent psth not sure if he'd be following it. I kinda like Path if Daena but that's a bit restrictive. And the zoroastrian one in the companion book looks a bit conplex for a manipulative character

          Comment


          • #6
            My memories of the Road of Kings book is incredibly fuzzy, but I'd assume the Path of the Vizier would be at least as old as the court politics of Memphis, Jerusalem, Babylon, Persepolis, Athens and the like.


            What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              My memories of the Road of Kings book is incredibly fuzzy, but I'd assume the Path of the Vizier would be at least as old as the court politics of Memphis, Jerusalem, Babylon, Persepolis, Athens and the like.
              The Road book traces the Road's development to Rome, and implies the Path of the Vizier was refined into its current form after the Western Empire fell, so... it's somewhere around seven hundred years old.

              Like you say, the ideas behind the Path are as old as organised politics, but it appears to have taken some time for Cainites to adapt them to use.


              Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by marin View Post

                The Road book traces the Road's development to Rome, and implies the Path of the Vizier was refined into its current form after the Western Empire fell, so... it's somewhere around seven hundred years old.

                Like you say, the ideas behind the Path are as old as organised politics, but it appears to have taken some time for Cainites to adapt them to use.

                Vampires can and do change roads, I mean unless the character was torpored in BCE and is waking up in the Modern Dark Ages he's had 700 or so years to adapt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lian View Post
                  Vampires can and do change roads, I mean unless the character was torpored in BCE and is waking up in the Modern Dark Ages he's had 700 or so years to adapt.
                  Oh yeah, wasn't ruling it out or anything, just noting how old the book says it is.


                  Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X