Year that the masquerade started?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year that the masquerade started?

I know this is kind of broad but I'm looking for the time it really started to take effect on kindred society and was actually enforced.
    Was it when the Camarilla was formed?
    I know of the Sixth Tradition of Caine/The Silence of Blood preceded this.

"Never shalt thou reveal thy true nature to those not of the blood. Doing so shall renounce thy claims to my covenants." Thus spoke Caine.

Originally posted by Derrek321 View Post
    I know this is kind of broad but I'm looking for the time it really started to take effect on kindred society and was actually enforced.
    Was it when the Camarilla was formed?
    I know of the Sixth Tradition of Caine/The Silence of Blood preceded this.

"Never shalt thou reveal thy true nature to those not of the blood. Doing so shall renounce thy claims to my covenants." Thus spoke Caine.

The Convention of Thorns took place in 1493 which formed the Camarilla and formally ended the Anarch Revolt (with the diehards dissipearing into the wilderness becoming the proto-Sabbat. . .). If you're looking for a exact date for the enforcement of the Traditions use that. Before then. . . I suspect the Masquerade was maintained by the various Princes as a common sense policy, probably dating back to the ancient world in Mesopotamia, but the tradition didn't have the force of law behind it. Dramatically I like 1493; the end of the revolt, the end of the Burning Times and he slide away from the Medieval world.

Comment

1486, Seven years before Thorns, with the first Conclave of the Camarilla.

Comment

Around the time of the Inquisition. That's when the idea of it started to go into effect. You have to understand, most people think it's political, mainly because it's so important to the Cam in modern nights, but it was all about survival.

Comment

Working...
        X